“Outstanding Manager at this motel” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #48 of 60 hotels in Santa Fe
globeseeker007
“Outstanding Manager at this motel”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2010

This is an average hotel with amenities such as wifi. It even has a couple of computers in the lobby for those who do not have laptops. We could see the pool from our hotel balcony and it was being used by the guests. There wasn't a continental breakfast. The hotel gave each guest a voucher and they go down the hall to a restaurant next door by the name of Lulus. I didn't care for this breakfast as it was tasteless and I would rather have had a continental breakfast. What was outstanding about this hotel was the manager, Jennifer Smith. We were assigned a room where the airconditioning was not operating properly. When we went to the lobby to complain, this manager came up with us and assigned us another room and made sure that the AC was working. Jennifer is an asset to this hotel chain and we were well satisfied with the way she treated us. All managers should interact with the guests the way she does.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple

163 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Rochester, NH
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2010

This place is not up to Quality Inn standards. It's very tired and in need of a face lift, especially new carpets. There was pet hair in the room and the balcony smelled like urine. There's no elevator. The pool was dirty. And the breakfast next door (at the Chinese restaurant) was horrible! For the first time in my life I walked out of a restaurant without eating but one bite of food. Good news is.. there's an IHOP just down the street with great food and the friendliest waitress in all of Santa Fe. The only good thing I can say about this hotel is the staff was very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with friends
Chichester, NH
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2010

My wife and I stayed 2 nights. King-bed room was clean and well appointed. Bathroom was fine. Hot breakfast next door with voucher was ok. We were there in a very low season so prices all over Santa Fe were low. Each night was less than $50. Great value. No elevator.

Hi-speed wifi worked only occasionally and then only slowly. Both nights it cut off after 10:00pm. Complained to desk but their own internet access suffered same problem. They blamed it on their ISP, which was probably correct. If you need high speed internet call ahead and ask if it is really working and make clear to them that you are serious. They treated it as a frill, not really a necessity. Printer in the "business center" was broken and did not work..

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
Colorado visitor
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2010

Dingy, depressing, run down. We stayed here before and can't believe how quickly it has gone down hill. There are plenty of other hotels on Cerillos Road with comparable rates that provide a better, safer experience.

Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
Boston, MA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2009

We stayed here for one night and were happy overall. We had a large room with a comfortable king bed on the 2nd floor ( no elevator) and there was also a small fridge and microwave. The room was very clean as was the bathroom and the sink was located just outside the bathroom. The water pressure was good although the towels provided were on the small side. My only complaint were the thin walls. In the morning I could hear our neighbors on each side of talking quite clearly and they weren't being loud. We were lucky because we only heard them in the morning when they were getting ready to leave and not in the middle of the night. The complimentary breakfast was actually pretty good considering it was free and the front desk staff was very helpful. They also have a couple of PC's with free internet help

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
Colorado
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2009

..I visit Sante Fe once a year because I love the city, and I have stayed at this hotel before. That is the reason that I chose it because I have had such wonderful service and accommations.... But something's changed....i checked in in the late evening, and apparently it was pretty busy. I had a pet with me, and it took the girl 10 minutes to attempt to find me a room. I finally got sick of standing there, and told her I'd take a smoking room as long as it didn't SMELL. She put me in a smoking room. Much to my chagrine, It reeked of smoke, the carpet was filthy, furniture was not put in the proper place, two trash cans were in the middle of the room, there were no brochures from the hotel, coffee pot was not plugged in, the phone was unplugged.. I called the front desk and the rep stated "what do you want me to do?" She tried to put me in another "smoking room" two doors down, which also smelled and was no improvement. She informed me that the reason for the lack of brochures was that they had just changed management and they were out being printed.

I stayed in the room that night, and the next morning they moved me.... That girl on the front desk was very helpful, apologetic, and customer service orientated.... The new room was great, clean floors, everything was fine... Interestingly enough, there were brochures in that room and lots of 'em, so apparently the night clerk did not tell me the truth.

The breakfast was supposed to be in the restaurant next door, but apparently the restaurant had closed 2 weeks prior. The breakfast was okay - no complaints there.

I am paying for a weekend getaway for my newly married son in Santa Fe, and I am not booking him there nor will be next visit be here.

Another note, at night they only have a female desk clerk on site - no maintenance man, no manager, no sercurity guard. At times, Sante Fe can have some danger to it... Apparently, staff has mentioned this to the new ownrs to no avail...

• Stayed September 2009, traveled solo
Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2009

This was a pretty typical 3 star hotel. The carpets always smell bad to me in this price range -- I wish they would replace them more often. I had a good night's sleep. The room was great and the bed was comfortable -- that is all I really cared about. Breakfast is in the attached restaurant which is in need of remodeling. It was just okay. No juice though, which was wierd. For $60 night, it was just okay.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled solo

Been to Quality Inn Santa Fe? Share your experiences!