“Wish it was better” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #50 of 60 Hotels in Santa Fe
Window Rock, AZ
“Wish it was better”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2014

Stayed here for a business trip and read reviews of hotels in the area and chose this one because of a special internet rate. Sometimes those things work, sometimes it doesn't and unfortunately this one didn't. The property is older as others have mentioned but I knew that before coming in. It also took a while for the heat to actually warm up the room. Be careful around the area - I walked down to a nearby Walmart and a young man had asked for some money, a gangy type, and that spooked me. I wished breakfast was a bit better - the biscuits were hard and the gravy with sausage wasn't too appealing but that's not my thing anyway. The staff were very friendly, and that's the saving grace for this hotel.

Room Tip: There's a CVS pharmacy and Walmart nearby.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Jay P, Front Office Manager at Quality Inn Santa Fe, responded to this review, April 22, 2014
Dear guest,

On behalf of our entire team at the Quality Inn, we would like to thank you very much for taking the time to write a review about our property. I would like to start off by apologizing that you didn‘t have such a pleasant stay. The hotel is under renovations and there are a lot of changes coming soon. However I am pleased to here that the staff was friendly. I hope that this experience doesn’t stop you from staying with us in the future and next time you visit Santa Fe you will give us the another chance to provide you with superior service.

Kind Regards,

Front Office Manager & Quality Inn Team

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Las Vegas, Nevada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2014

A few things went wrong with our disabled (i.e. "accessible") room. The desk chair was broken at the armrest. It could not have been noticed until the rest was used. I took a little fall when I first stood up, using the armrest as a brace. The room was clean. The faucet in the bathroom leaked onto the sink and vanity area. The bathroom had a nice separate vanity and sink area. My wife loved the cool little round rotating colors light show that was integrated into the hand-held blow dryer unit. It was a good nightlight with a sensor that would turn it off when the bathroom lights were on.

Ice and vending on each floor was nice to have. Lobby had a small sitting room and business center. Fitness center was free with the room. The air conditioner made a consistent thump thump any time it was on. The bed was comfortable. The view was of the (closed) pool area. A small porch with seating was accessible to the outside through a well-locked back sliding glass door. The free breakfast from 6:30 to 10:00 was very nice, with eggs, sausage, gravy, biscuits, yogurt, cereal, OJ and apple juice, milk, bread, coffee, fruit, etc. We were surprised to see it available until 10:00 a.m. The eating room was unusually hot, though. We had to take it to our room.

A large dormitory refrigerator was included with the room. The ample closet seemed as if it was still under construction, or built as an afterthought. The lighting was good. The staff was very friendly, and attended to our issues as needed. Even though we had some problems, they weren't so bad as to keep us from returning. It was a cold night, so the A/C didn't run much. I'm guessing we would have moved if it was the summertime. It's fairly close to the center of town (not normal walking distance), and the price really can't be beat, especially considering the huge all-you-can-eat free breakfast. Ample free parking.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with inside access away from the road. Although our room's view was of their pool...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear guest,

On behalf of our entire team at the Quality Inn, we would like to thank you very much for taking the time to write a review about our property. I am sorry for the inconvenience that you experienced with the loud A/C. I am glad however to see that staff was friendly and attentive. We are currently under renovations and plan to make a lot of changes. I hope that next time you visit Santa Fe you will give us the another chance to provide you with superior service.

Kind Regards,

Lawrence, KS
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2014

We found a hotel brochure on the Interstate and it had a coupon for this hotel for 49.99. It was less than half of what we had been paying. The exterior and hallways were very run down (dirty), but was surprised that the room was decent. My wife refused to walk on carpet in bare feet, I didn't think it was that bad. There were coupons for 2 other hotels listed for the same price and they looked much nicer than ours from the exterior. We wished we had not jumped at the first available we found. The breakfast we didn't experience because we had to be on the road early for we had a great distance to travel home. Not hotels fault but Sante Fe is poorly designed. This hotel is on the main drag through town and it has a center meridian dividing everything. To get to this hotel the GPS had to take us through some bad neighborhoods to circle around to be on the correct side. Again, not hotels fault. I have to agree with my wife, I never felt really safe on this property, especially in the parking lot at night and early in the morning.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Dear guest,

On behalf of our entire team at the Quality Inn, we would like to thank you very much for taking the time to write a review about our property. I am pleased to let you know that we have started our renovations and we are changing the carpet in our rooms and in the hallways. We have also been looking over the lighting in the parking lot and have decided to add more light due to the fact that it is too dark. I hope that next time you visit Santa Fe you will give us the another chance to provide you with superior service.

Raton, New Mexico
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2014

My Mother and I stayed for two nights in Sept 6-7, 2013 on a pleasure/ business trip to Santa Fe. The first night in the first room, the smell /stench coming out of the AC vent was horrible and got worse thru the night. We both woke up sick with what we thought was a head cold. On closer inspection of the AC vents they were clogged with dirt and god only knows what else. I then looked at the ceiling in the bathroom and there was water damage and looked to have mold around the edges. I went to the front desk to get another room.
The Second room was better then the first, but it needed some maintance as well, AND the fire alarm was covered with a plastic bag for crying out loud! Becareful as some of the carpets in the hallways were torn and created trip factors and were dirty as well.
I will not stay here again! I would rather sleep in my car then there again. You will have better luck at the Motel 6 next door, now its clean!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Jay P, Front Office Manager at Quality Inn Santa Fe, responded to this review, March 26, 2014
Dear guest,

On behalf of our entire team at the Quality Inn, we would like to thank you very much for taking the time to write a review about our property. I would like to start off by apologizing that you didn‘t have such a pleasant stay. As a new employee with the Quality Inn my first priority is to fix situations like this and make sure they don’t happen in the future.
We currently updated our rooms and they no longer look like the pictures you posted from your stay in September.
I am sorry that this wasn’t such a good experience and hope that next time you visit Santa Fe you will give us the chance to provide you with superior service.

Fort Smith, Arkansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2014

Was not the nicest place I have ever stayed, but the price is right, not far from downtown, and could get a good nights rest. Also had a nice breakfast with eggs, sausage, yogurt, biscuits and gravy, yogurt, cereal, coffee, etc.. Would stay here again for similar price.

Room Tip: If you have a lot of things to bring inside request an exterior corridor room to easily load and unl...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Jay P, Front Office Manager at Quality Inn Santa Fe, responded to this review, March 11, 2014
Dear guest,

I am very pleased to hear that you had a good nights rest and that you enjoyed our breakfast. I am very excited to let you know that we are working on renovations and we plan to do a lot of upgrades. So next time you are in Santa Fe I hope you will give us another chance to provide you with superior service.

Hopefully it will be an even better stay with renovations planning to be done by the summer!

Vancouver
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2014

This is an older motel, located on a commercial strip, driving distance from the old town. The decor is dated & walls are paper thin, so you can hear the next door neighbours and any footsteps upstairs. However staff were friendly, rooms clean and the breakfast room spacious. Inside the hotel is Lulu's Chinese restaurant which serves excellent food. Not a bad choice for the price.

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Jay P, Front Office Manager at Quality Inn Santa Fe, responded to this review, March 7, 2014
Dear Guest,
I am pleased to hear that the staff was friendly and that you enjoyed our clean rooms. We always try to make sure that our rooms are clean for each guest. And I am also glad to hear you liked Lulu’s restaurant I myself enjoy the good food.
We hope that next time you are in Santa Fe you will give us another chance to provide you with even better service.
Hopefully it will be greater stay with renovations planning to be done by the summer!
Thank you very much!

Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2014

The room was a very good value for the money.The fan was very loud but eventually warmed the room. We could hear the people upstairs walking around but it was a minor problem. Large room, good breakfast and nice, helpful staff. I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,
I am sorry for the inconvenience that you experienced with the heater and the noise above you.
On the good side I am glad to hear that to hear that you enjoyed the breakfast and that the staff was helpful and nice.
We are pleased to hear that you will be staying with us again!
Thank you very much!

Front Office Manager & Quality Inn team

Been to Quality Inn Santa Fe? Share your experiences!