“Caution!” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #50 of 60 Hotels in Santa Fe
Raton, New Mexico
“Caution!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2014

My Mother and I stayed for two nights in Sept 6-7, 2013 on a pleasure/ business trip to Santa Fe. The first night in the first room, the smell /stench coming out of the AC vent was horrible and got worse thru the night. We both woke up sick with what we thought was a head cold. On closer inspection of the AC vents they were clogged with dirt and god only knows what else. I then looked at the ceiling in the bathroom and there was water damage and looked to have mold around the edges. I went to the front desk to get another room.
The Second room was better then the first, but it needed some maintance as well, AND the fire alarm was covered with a plastic bag for crying out loud! Becareful as some of the carpets in the hallways were torn and created trip factors and were dirty as well.
I will not stay here again! I would rather sleep in my car then there again. You will have better luck at the Motel 6 next door, now its clean!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Jay P, Front Office Manager at Quality Inn Santa Fe, responded to this review, March 26, 2014
Dear guest,

On behalf of our entire team at the Quality Inn, we would like to thank you very much for taking the time to write a review about our property. I would like to start off by apologizing that you didn‘t have such a pleasant stay. As a new employee with the Quality Inn my first priority is to fix situations like this and make sure they don’t happen in the future.
We currently updated our rooms and they no longer look like the pictures you posted from your stay in September.
I am sorry that this wasn’t such a good experience and hope that next time you visit Santa Fe you will give us the chance to provide you with superior service.

Front Office Manager & Quality Inn Team

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Fort Smith, Arkansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2014

Was not the nicest place I have ever stayed, but the price is right, not far from downtown, and could get a good nights rest. Also had a nice breakfast with eggs, sausage, yogurt, biscuits and gravy, yogurt, cereal, coffee, etc.. Would stay here again for similar price.

Room Tip: If you have a lot of things to bring inside request an exterior corridor room to easily load and unl...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Jay P, Front Office Manager at Quality Inn Santa Fe, responded to this review, March 11, 2014
Dear guest,

I am very pleased to hear that you had a good nights rest and that you enjoyed our breakfast. I am very excited to let you know that we are working on renovations and we plan to do a lot of upgrades. So next time you are in Santa Fe I hope you will give us another chance to provide you with superior service.

Hopefully it will be an even better stay with renovations planning to be done by the summer!

Vancouver
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2014

This is an older motel, located on a commercial strip, driving distance from the old town. The decor is dated & walls are paper thin, so you can hear the next door neighbours and any footsteps upstairs. However staff were friendly, rooms clean and the breakfast room spacious. Inside the hotel is Lulu's Chinese restaurant which serves excellent food. Not a bad choice for the price.

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Jay P, Front Office Manager at Quality Inn Santa Fe, responded to this review, March 7, 2014
Dear Guest,
I am pleased to hear that the staff was friendly and that you enjoyed our clean rooms. We always try to make sure that our rooms are clean for each guest. And I am also glad to hear you liked Lulu’s restaurant I myself enjoy the good food.
We hope that next time you are in Santa Fe you will give us another chance to provide you with even better service.
Hopefully it will be greater stay with renovations planning to be done by the summer!

Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2014

The room was a very good value for the money.The fan was very loud but eventually warmed the room. We could hear the people upstairs walking around but it was a minor problem. Large room, good breakfast and nice, helpful staff. I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,
I am sorry for the inconvenience that you experienced with the heater and the noise above you.
On the good side I am glad to hear that to hear that you enjoyed the breakfast and that the staff was helpful and nice.
We are pleased to hear that you will be staying with us again!

Cali
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

I stayed here with my 3 teens/pre-teens for 6 nights over Christmas break, including New Years. Clearly not a new hotel, but it the room was very fresh ,clean,and comfortable. They had a free hot breakfast every morning, which my kids loved, and I loved it as I got to sleep in! The house keepers were nice to my kids, who frequently asked for extra towels, etc. The, manager, Helen, was very helpful and accomodating, when we needed to make changes to our reservations. I was glad that it was an older hotel with cinder block walls, as it was a full house and I thought New Years Eve might be a problem. We never were bothered by noise next to, or above us. They had wi-fi, which my kids said was spotty for all their gaming, but they could also sit in the lobby for better reception, which also had a computer for guest use.
The location was good: an easy drive to the plaza,Canyon Road, and Ski Santa Fe. We are planning to return to NM in the summer, and will definitely be staying here again.

Room Tip: There are no elevators, so if you have arthritis or some other reason you'd prefer no stairs, ca...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Jay P, Front Office Manager at Quality Inn Santa Fe, responded to this review, February 14, 2014
Dear guest,

On behalf of our entire team at the Quality Inn, we would like to thank you for taking the time to write a review about our property.
It is such a pleasure for us to read all the good comments you wrote about your stay. All your comments really make us feel proud, especially because we see all our efforts are not in vain for making our property a nice stay for all of our guest.
We are very pleased to hear that you and your family will be staying with us again! Hopefully this will be an even better stay with renovations planning to be done by the summer!

Colorado Springs, Colorado
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

We arrived a little after 10pm and no one was at the front desk. There was a sign that said they would be right back. After approx 15 minutes the lady came back and we got checked in. We walked in the room and the thermostat was set to 50 degrees. We turned it up to 70 and went to bed. The fan was really loud and it would not warm up in the room. Needless to say we didn't get much sleep in the cold and noisy room. I will attach a picture of our room as it tells the story of the whole place.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Dear guest,

On behalf of our entire team at the Quality Inn, we would like to thank you very much for taking the time to write a review about our property. I would like to start off by apologizing for the issues at the time of your stay. As a new employee with the Quality Inn my first priority is to fix situations like this and make sure they don’t happen in the future.
We currently updated the paint job on the first floor and the rooms no longer look like the pictures you posted. It was also unacceptable that you had to wait at the front desk to be checked in.

Denver, Colorado
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

We stopped here late at night and just wanted to sleep. The rooms are loud and dirty. They try very hard to minimize costs, so even half the light bulbs are left burnt out in the room. The sheets don't stay on the bed, roll once and it's a mess. The wasn't an iron in the room and when we called and asked for it, she never came to the room with it as she said she would. For the price, I really shouldn't complain much, but I would have preferred to pay a little more for better quality and to stay closer to the plaza. Next time!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear guest,

Next time you visit Santa Fe give us the chance to provide you with superior service.

Alejandra S

Been to Quality Inn Santa Fe? Share your experiences!