“Disappointed” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #50 of 60 Hotels in Santa Fe
Greeley
“Disappointed”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2012

The room was supposed to have a microwave but there wasn't one when I checked in. The receptionist had one delivered very quickly. When I tried to use it, it didn't work so I made sure it was firmly in the outlet before reporting it. I was told it was certainly workable and that I should place it on the floor and try another outlet. This not being a camping trip, I responded appropriately. Staff finally came to my room and found that, if the plug was left slightly akimbo to the outlet (not firmly plugged in), the oven would work.... Breakfast was the usual kind with food in a 3-tray heater. The gravy was fine, the sausages were fine, but the round, yellow-looking things (presumably the eggs) were terrible!

On the second morning, the attendant was too busy visiting with his friend outside the breakfast room to keep the heater stocked with anything even though guests were arriving.

This is in stark contrast to the last time I stayed there, when breakfast was served in the restaurant and you had a choice of FOUR specially-cooked meals!

Management might want to divert some of what they pay for the mystery yellow things and buy some paint for the balcony railings too.....

Room Tip: Overall, okay for the money but get your breakfast at McDonalds! Otherwise, try for an inside room...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
New York State
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2012

If you just need a place to stay and don't plan on spending much time in your room, this hotel is adequate. It's a bit run-down and in need of an update, but it was clean, and the staff was fairly friendly. Breakfast was basic, but meant we could splurge on lunch or dinner. You can take the bus from here into downtown, just be careful at night. We had a couple of scary trips back to the hotel after dark. This is a decent budget option in an expensive city. You get a different view of Santa Fe--more local flavor--than downtown. Try Tortilla Flats one block down.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
Arkansas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2012

My sister and I decided to stay here due to good reviews and to save some money. Our first night we arrived was on a Friday in July 2011 and we woke up sweating on Saturday morning with no AC running. We called the front desk and they assured us they will have maintenance come work on the AC and would have it repaired when we return later that afternoon. After returning back to the room around 5pm the room was sweltering hot, and we called the front desk and the gentleman informed me that maintenance was ON site doing repairs and other rooms were without AC as well as the front desk and reassured us again that it would be repaired when we get in from our night out to celebrate my sister's birthday. We returned late that night to a room so hot that you started sweating just standing there. Once again we called the front desk and a women answered the call and we inquired why our AC was not repaired and she stated that the daytime desk clerk had not called maintenance in and that there would be no way to have it repaired that night and for us, two women on lower level room which had sliding door to the parking lot, leave our patio door open with no lock on the screen, like I would sleep with a locked screen door in a hotel. Also, there is a dance night club, within the hotel, which opens on Saturday night with every spot in the parking lot filled. We had to drive around, following a police car cruising the lot, looking for a parking spot. We also had young gang looking boys hanging right outside our room in the parking lot playing hip hop music in their car with the boom boom speakers going for hours and we were supposed to leave or room door unlocked??? They did not have any other rooms we could move to at 2am! It was a VERY scary night and we basically just stayed up til 4am until the party in the parking lot left. Luckily my sister had brought a fan along in the car so we ran it and got only 3 hours sleep which ruined our travel plans for a long drive the next day. So I would not advise staying at this hotel in the summer or on a Saturday night. The room was dated and worn but clean and would have been ok if we had some AC and no party in the parking lot. The sign in front of the bar states it is a restaurant and is within the hotel complex. Also, the manager was not availabe to speak to us the next day and wouldn't return my phone calls after several days of calling the hotel to complain. I was very disappointed since I had previous good experiences at Quality Inn's.

Room Tip: Request a room on the North side away from the bar and upstairs in case your AC does not work.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Denver, Colorado
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2012

I'm not a picky traveller, but had to comment here since I switched my usual plans to stay here based on many positive trip advisor reviews- what a Mistake ! I've spent a lot of time in Santa Fe both business and personal and when I have my dogs I usually stay at the Comfort Suites or the Sage. The quality inn had great reviews and slightly better price than the comfort, so I went for it on a trip which included my parents this time. How embarrassing. The place has a dingy dirty feel inside and out, and amenities are broken both inside and on the porch. There was constant smoke in the hallway and people smoking outside under our room which of course allows smoke to travel up through our open windows. Oh yeah, windows were open because temperature was awful to regulate and it smelled bad inside the room. A lot of the people staying here looked quite down on their luck. The worst thing was that we were staying on a festival weekend and the parking lot outside the hotel was cruised by single men with loud, obnoxious sound systems all night. We were in an inside room facing the pool and the sound still interrupted your sleep all night. I was really embarrassed for taking my parents here, and all this to say- we did not feel safe or comfortable. The dog walking area was minimal and full of trash, so I felt bad for our pups too. The staff at the front were certainly pleasant, helpful and professional but this place is truly horrible. Please avoid this place if you can.

Room Tip: Stay poolside if you must to avoid parking lot noise, but better yet, don't stay here at all.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Huntsville
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2011

This is a very nice hotel with clean, spacious rooms and good choices for breakfast. We loved sitting out on our private patio in the evening. It is about a ten minute drive to the historic downtown area. I'd stay there again if I ever went back to Santa Fe

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
los angeles
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2011

This hotel could use some updating. It's not the worst hotel I've ever stayed at. It's far from the best.

Pros: breakfast well stocked and assorted, great rate. About 3 miles from downtown. Plenty of eating places close by.

Cons: air conditioning did not work, thankfully it wasn't that hot out. I just turned it off and opened the screen door that overlooked the pool. The only problem is that you have to close it at night and be left with no a/c.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
San Juan Capistrano, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2011

We went to Santa Fe on the spur of the moment having never been to the city and no hotel reservation. We were looking for something within 5 miles or so of the plaza. We were directed to Cerrillos Road and told there were a bunch of hotels. We came upon the Quality Inn along with Motel 6 among several others. We figured these were the "hotels" we were told about and picked the best of the worst. After dropping our bags off we drove less than a mile further to find something for dinner and found numerous Holiday Inn Express, Hampton Inn, Courtyard by Marriott, etc. We would have much rather paid more money to be in a much safer appearing area. Quality Inn was old and seedy. After receiving our room # we were directed to enter the hotel using "Door #2" from the parking lot. Door #2 was a filthy loading dock type of area. The beds were okay. The TV picture was grainy. They only give you one bar of soap so you have to rotate it between the sink and shower. The towels are similar to those found in a Jr. High locker room. Complimentary breakfast was included. The usual canisters of raisin bran with pitchers of milk, yogurt, hard boiled eggs, juice, etc. They had some kind of hot egg dish and sausage and you could make your own waffle if you so desired. The set up was unappetizing and we grabbed a danish and cup of tea and left. Overall, good price if all you're interested in is a place to go to sleep and shower in the morning.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends

Been to Quality Inn Santa Fe? Share your experiences!