“Cold- But had a great trip!” 5 of 5 stars

You added La Quinta Inn Santa Fe to your Saves list
La Quinta Inn Santa Fe
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   4298 Cerrillos Road, Santa Fe, NM 87507   |
Ranked #35 of 60 Hotels in Santa Fe
“Cold- But had a great trip!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2009

We have now been to Santa Fe in all the seasons and though it was cold and snowed, we still had a great time. Take the "Turquoise road" from the ALBQ airport and you run right into this hotel in Santa Fe. The hotel is quiet, easy to find, has great beds and a very helpful staff. The crown jewel is the "Flying Tortilla" restaurant not more than 100 yards from the property. It is a great local hang out with home style southwest and mid west fare.
This was our second stay at the hotel and it's still hard to beat. The staff even printed our boarding passes for us, free!

Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Climax Springs, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2009

This hotel is an older one but it has been maintained well for its age. It has not gotten the full makeover but it is clean and spacious. Rooms are quiet and comfortable. Housekeeping was good. We were in town for Albuquerque Balloon Fiesta and they were very busy.
Breakfast was the typical hotel breakfast, waffles, cereal, yogurt, fruit, bagels, toast, fruit juice, etc. They just need to have someone to really work the breakfast to keep things full, someone who knows what they are doing. One morning they were running out of everything and the girl was having trouble keeping up and finding things to refill. I went back to help her refill the syrup it took a few minutes just to find it. Another morning the waffle irons stopped working but the next morning they were back to normal. They really need a larger breakfast area for the size of the hotel. A lot of other older hotels have the same problem. Some could take the room closer to the lobby and add it to the dining area or add on, do something!
We enjoyed the stay there and will be back.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
orange county, california
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2009

Our family had to take an out of state trip due to the passing of my grandmother. In this difficult situation, staying at the La Quinta hotel in Santa Fe only made things worse.

I don't even know where to begin, as this alleged hotel.

After a long flight I was looking forward to a hot shower, only to find that the bathroom tub was completely clogged. I tried my best to scoop out whatever was clogging it, but no success. In essence I was forced to take a bath and shower at the same time as the water was rising to my calves.

Unfortunately for my other relatives needing to shower, they also had the same experience except with my used showerwater thanks to the clog. Management was called, and they did absolutely nothing.

There were also what appeared to be several "mysterious" hairs by the toilet, so its obvious the maids dont do any sweeping or mopping.

Good thing I brought my own toiletries because I guess the hotel expected the guests in my room to somehow equally divide a bar of soap into 4 pieces.

The filthy carpet in the room left my feet black. I would have been safer walking around barefoot on the streets of Santa Fe, and putting my shoes on when I got into the room.

TINY BEDS - So I guess their definition of a standard queen size bed is actually a full/twin bed. Since there were 4 guests sharing 2 beds, it wasn't comfortable. I felt like I was goldilocks visiting the three bears.

DISGUSTING BREAKFAST - Their "free breakfast" menu consisted of:
- hard-boiled eggs
- a "Do-It-Yourself" waffle maker (looked like it came out of a toxic waste dump)
- stale muffins and stale cereal
- un-refrigerated room temperature milk in a jug - (god knows how long that was sitting out)
- watered-down orange juice

A security guard in the lobby sits by the food I guess to scare off anyone that wants extra. This "free breakfast" was so bad, the homeless would probably give it back. But since I was hungry and had no time to stop somewhere I forced myself to eat it. I simply just imagined that I was a contestant on Fear Factor.

So far if none of this is bad enough, I suggest avoiding their "free breakfast". It'll save you a trip to the hospital and your stomach will thank you for it.

RUDE STAFF - The staff was incredibly rude! I had asked the guy with the cowboy accent that works at the front if I could get some antibacterial soap. He completely ignored me and when I asked him again he just shook his head. Then when I was checking out, all he did was cough all over the place, and I overheard him telling another co-worker that he had the flu. Why come to work and spread your germs to guests?!?!

BURGLARIZED CARS - And to top it all off as we were in the parking lot putting our luggage into the car, the guests in the next room were filing a police report because their car was broken into. Windows smashed, stereo and other belongings robbed.

STAY AWAY FROM THIS HOTEL - I highly do not recommend staying here. You could probaly get a more decent experience at a jail cell or salvation army shelter.

Too bad I didnt take photos because if I had known they could be submitted with a review, I would prove that seeing is believing.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with family
OKC
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2009

I've had some great stays at LaQuinta in Houston and Dallas but this one in Santa Fe was pretty bad. First of all the carpets were filthy. My toddler son's feet were black after crawling around on the carpet for just a few minutes. I wouldn't walk on any of the floors without shoes because they were so dirty. After walking on the carpet then the tile floor in the bathrooms it turned them literally black from tracking the dirt onto them. There was a giant stain on the carpet as you walked into the room too. There were also some unmentionable hairs on the bathroom floor and a bug in the bathtub. The pool was freezing cold. I've swam in some cold pools and you usually can get used to the water especially on a hot day but this one was freezing. The continental breakfast was very limited. No bagels, no English muffins. If you didn't want a waffle, a muffin, or a bowl of cereal then you were out of luck. Plus the milk was in a pitcher on the countertop so no telling how long it sat out at room temperature. There were no small individual milk cartons. Also there was only apple juice, no orange. I would definitely not recommend this hotel. We stayed at a Holiday Inn Express later in our trip and it was fantastic!

Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
Edmond, Ok
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2009

Besides the pool being not clean everything else was perfect.

• Stayed September 2008, traveled with family
California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2009

Fair price, dog friendly, very nice rooms, heated pool and jucuzzi, workout room, free breakfast. Only problem was someones dog peed on my door the night before and it was not cleaned so I died from the smell. Also, PUT YOUR DO NOT DISTURB sign on the door. Maids start knocking at 7:30am. It sucked. I told management, they didnt offer and discounts. Lame. Still way better then Days Inn across the street. I'll keep looking for a place that cares:)

• Stayed March 2009, traveled solo
arlington, va
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2008

Internet: Grade = B ; Explanation = Reasonably fast

Local Restaurants: Grade = B ; Explanation = Okay, but not great

Cleanliness: Grade = F ; Explanation = Hair all over; Nickel sized food crumb on bed sheets

Water Pressure: Grade = B ; Explanation =

Bed: Grade = F ; Explanation = Hair and crumbs on sheets

Front Desk Competency: Grade = D ; Explanation = Understaffed and slow

Access from highway: Grade = B ; Explanation = Reasonably close

Prepaid Breakfast: Grade = F ; Explanation = Twice as many people as seats (on a weekday!); No protein, no fruit; out of yogurt; horrible coffee

Shower Temperature Control: Grade = C ; Explanation = Difficult to control

Quality of Provided Toiletries: Grade = C ; Explanation = Cheap, crumbly soap

Stayed December 2008

Been to La Quinta Inn Santa Fe? Share your experiences!