“Great escape, needs a bit of refreshing” 4 of 5 stars
Review of La Posada de Santa Fe, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa

You added La Posada de Santa Fe, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa to your Saves list
La Posada de Santa Fe, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   330 East Palace Ave., Santa Fe, NM 87501   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #35 of 60 Hotels in Santa Fe
New York City, New York
“Great escape, needs a bit of refreshing”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Staff was extremely nice; concierge very helpful recommending restaurants; spa services were excellent; meeting rooms and functions handled well; WiFi service extremely poor for a hotel of this quality; housekeeping staff had to be prompted to replace soap and toilet paper; shuttle around town via staff driven SUV a terrific amenity; close to everything without being in the center of town; walkable to shops, museums, restaurants, etc.; despite the creaky bedroom floors, all in all a wonderful experience.

Stayed May 2015, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Pilot Point, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW via mobile

Santa Fe is so full of great food,shopping and museums but just around the corner from the plaza is an oasis. Fires in your own kiva at night were a treat. Quiet is everywhere along with the most polite friendliest service. Sam the surly bartender was the only off putting person on the property. My third stay and won't be my last. Stay in your robe all day eat great stuff and spend private time outdoors or in the lavender steam. Just what the anti stress dr ordered.

Stayed May 2015, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

While the hotel is beautiful and the staff is courteous and helpful, both stays here involved loud wedding parties with music until midnight. Not a good mix if a good nights sleep is desired. I am surprised the walls can handle the noise level because mine were vibrating!

Room Tip: If you want to sleep stay elsewhere
  • Stayed May 2015, traveled with friends
Paul P, General Manager at La Posada de Santa Fe, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 2 days ago
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your visit to La Posada. We apologize that wedding groups impacted the enjoyment of your stay. We've reminded our team to be cognizant of this when assigning room numbers. We have many rooms that are situated away from our function venues and this should have been where we placed you.
denver
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

Great location....
A wonderful property centrally located. Down a quiet street. Our apartment was very nice. Seating area nice leather chairs refrigerator, desk and fire place. Bedroom with king bed, good closet space and drawers with large flat screen...the staff is attentive and considerate. We arrived at 3pm and room wasn't ready till after 4 so with a little discussion we got a few perks. Which I thought was appropriate. Wine and apps in lobby for HH and an adequate patio. I'd stay again for sure.

Stayed May 2015, traveled as a couple
We always appreciate it when guests take the time to tell us about their visits. Glad you enjoyed La Posada de Santa Fe. We're just finishing up the renovation of our spa, are adding new pool furniture and have opened two new restaurants so you have good reasons to return. Thanks again.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

This was my second time staying at La Posada and I must say I was genuinely impressed after a less than underwhelming first experience. What made the difference?

I attended an annual conference often hosted at La Posada. I definitely was not looking forward to my stay and my mood was less than friendly after a long drive--but that all changed the moment I walked through the doors. Something seemed different. I was immediately greeted by a friendly and welcoming employee, named Ben. He had a smile on his face, helped me with my bag and offered me a glass of Prosseco. This is exactly what I needed! I was dreading the tedious check - in process, but Ben made me forget about all about it. He provided me an unexpected re - introduction to La Posada that left me with a new outlook and great experience. He went above and beyond to show me my way and point out the many amenities at the resort.

My room was very comfortable. The furnishings were simple but maintained the uniqueness of the property. The conference meals were fine; however, I recommend dining in the restaurant--in fact, I'd encourage locals to come in just for dinner! I did not have time to visit the spa, but it looked worthwhile.

Overall, I was grateful for Ben and the time he spent to reintroduce me to a truly wonderful property. I know he sensed my mood when I walked in and he worked very hard to change it. This is a superior quality and a rare talent in employees and I hope his efforts are recognized and commended. I thank the entire staff for a great trip and look forward to my next visit!

Stayed May 2015, traveled on business
Paul P, General Manager at La Posada de Santa Fe, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 4 days ago
Thank you so much for sharing some details of your visit. I will be a pleasure to pass your compliments on to Ben. Please plan to visit the spa on your next visit to La Posada. We're just finishing a major renovation.
Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

La Posada has been the real thing for decades. Great location about two blocks from the square (and some distance is a plus!). The whole vibe is calming. The bar is cozy and friendly. Fireplaces everywhere (public areas and rooms). It's particularly nice in the winter. Rooms are varied so each visit is unique. All seem to have patios or balconies. Some with wood burning fireplaces, others with gas. Bedding is outstanding! Starwood has been updating the menus, rooms and wifi. Spa and fitness are first rate. My go-to spot in Santa Fe (even if I'm working in ABQ)!

Room Tip: Work with the front desk. Describe what you like and they'll guide you.
  • Stayed May 2015, traveled on business
Santa Fe, New Mexico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

The La Posada was recently bought by by the Starwood Group, so with that new renovations on the rooms. The spa is nice as are the techs..they have a small workout room and a pool in the summer. The grounds are quite beautiful and the outdoor has a nice outside area to eat when it's nice out. There is a cozy bar in the historic inn part, and also a formal dining room. The location is close to the Plaza which is a plus and valet parking. Of course it's on the list of haunted hotels.

Room Tip: Make sure you get a new renovated room w/ a fireplace
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple
So glad you enjoyed your visit and our spa. We're still finishing up renovations to the spa with more furniture, new pool furniture and a hydrotherapy tub all due shortly. The Staab House Lounge is very historic and, we think, very cool. It's been a popular locals place for a long time and our recent gentle refresh has made it even more popular. Just so you know, our salt water pool is heated year round.

Been to La Posada de Santa Fe, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!