“Pleasantly surprised and unexpectedly reintroduced” 5 of 5 stars
Review of La Posada de Santa Fe, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa

You added La Posada de Santa Fe, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa to your Saves list
La Posada de Santa Fe, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   330 East Palace Ave., Santa Fe, NM 87501   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #34 of 60 Hotels in Santa Fe
“Pleasantly surprised and unexpectedly reintroduced”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed today NEW

This was my second time staying at La Posada and I must say I was genuinely impressed after a less than underwhelming first experience. What made the difference?

I attended an annual conference often hosted at La Posada. I definitely was not looking forward to my stay and my mood was less than friendly after a long drive--but that all changed the moment I walked through the doors. Something seemed different. I was immediately greeted by a friendly and welcoming employee, named Ben. He had a smile on his face, helped me with my bag and offered me a glass of Prosseco. This is exactly what I needed! I was dreading the tedious check - in process, but Ben made me forget about all about it. He provided me an unexpected re - introduction to La Posada that left me with a new outlook and great experience. He went above and beyond to show me my way and point out the many amenities at the resort.

My room was very comfortable. The furnishings were simple but maintained the uniqueness of the property. The conference meals were fine; however, I recommend dining in the restaurant--in fact, I'd encourage locals to come in just for dinner! I did not have time to visit the spa, but it looked worthwhile.

Overall, I was grateful for Ben and the time he spent to reintroduce me to a truly wonderful property. I know he sensed my mood when I walked in and he worked very hard to change it. This is a superior quality and a rare talent in employees and I hope his efforts are recognized and commended. I thank the entire staff for a great trip and look forward to my next visit!

Stayed May 2015, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

La Posada has been the real thing for decades. Great location about two blocks from the square (and some distance is a plus!). The whole vibe is calming. The bar is cozy and friendly. Fireplaces everywhere (public areas and rooms). It's particularly nice in the winter. Rooms are varied so each visit is unique. All seem to have patios or balconies. Some with wood burning fireplaces, others with gas. Bedding is outstanding! Starwood has been updating the menus, rooms and wifi. Spa and fitness are first rate. My go-to spot in Santa Fe (even if I'm working in ABQ)!

Room Tip: Work with the front desk. Describe what you like and they'll guide you.
  • Stayed May 2015, traveled on business
Santa Fe, New Mexico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

The La Posada was recently bought by by the Starwood Group, so with that new renovations on the rooms. The spa is nice as are the techs..they have a small workout room and a pool in the summer. The grounds are quite beautiful and the outdoor has a nice outside area to eat when it's nice out. There is a cozy bar in the historic inn part, and also a formal dining room. The location is close to the Plaza which is a plus and valet parking. Of course it's on the list of haunted hotels.

Room Tip: Make sure you get a new renovated room w/ a fireplace
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple
Akron, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

It took us a while to get settled into a room. If not for the gracious and amazing service from the staff and concierge, we may have changed our accommodations. The rooms are quintessential Santa Fe. The food at the restaurant delicious. Very thoughtful and knowledgeable guests services. Lots of history and art work around the property. Nice spa services.
Can't rate higher because the housekeeping area needs some improvement - first room was just not clean, second room was uncomfortably small, the room we settled on was spacious but housekeeping was spotty at best.

Room Tip: Each room is unique. Casita style. Be specific on what you want (fireplace?, private patio?, large...
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled with family
Littleton, Colorado, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Katherine here. We stay at La Posada when we head to spring training in Scottsdale and when we go for the opera in late summer. It is just off The Plaza, reasonable and incredibly unique. It is a sprawling place with unique casitas placed in clusters. We have liked all of the many rooms we've had. The last one was an upgrade (they have always done this if spots were available) and had a fireplace, a separate sitting room and a jacuzzi tub (a rare inclusion since it was the first we ran across). We like the casitas that have little patios in the summer. The bar is small and rich feeling and we like to get light meals there before the opera. Breakfast is nice. The workout facilities were good the last time we checked and we heard they had been improved--we just didn't go that route this time. I would give this place the fifth star except for a few things. The most important is that is keeps changing companies and the staff and return guests would like this aspect to settle down. The rooms are not as well appointed as some places (nicer than many, but there is a wide variety of levels in different rooms). The rooms have wonderful beds and bathrooms and decor isn't tacky, just not as "rich" as some places in Santa Fe. The floors of the casitas aren't always even. No problem for us, but that could be annoying for picky types. Mostly--the price for return is huge for Santa Fe prices and the location is right is close to Canyon Road as well as the Plaza. It is a warm and wonderful place.

• Stayed May 2015, traveled as a couple
Paul P, General Manager at La Posada de Santa Fe, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 6 days ago
Katherine:
Thank you so much for your review and we're pleased that you enjoyed your visit. We are just completing a renovation of our spa and work out facilities to make them even better. Our spa was just named the 4th best resort spa in the country by USA Today!

You have certainly hit some of the highlights. All of our 157 rooms and suites are different and most have a rich history and most are quite unique.

We've just opened two new restaurants; Julia and Viga. We hope you will have an opportunity to try them on your next visit.
Denver, Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

Overall our stay was nice. We were greeted like kings and our room was very comfortable. The grounds are very nice also. The only bad thing was wanting to have breakfast there. We were seated and watched others that got seated after us get service sooner than my wife and I. The host walked by a couple times in that 10 minutes and did offer us any coffee. Yeah I should have said something but I would rather spend my $$ where it is welcome.

Stayed May 2015, traveled as a couple
Paul P, General Manager at La Posada de Santa Fe, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Thank you for taking the time to review your visit. I'm sorry to hear about breakfast as that is a meal we typically do very well. If you'd care to share details with me at ppoer@ardenthotels.com I would like to look into this further.
Cincinnati, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

The hotel is part of Sheraton chain but is not a typical hotel. It is a fenced quarter downtown with several little building where people stay. The rooms are in style, with exposed beams, stone floor, fire place and (some) private yards. No fancy luxury but very well done and maintained properly. The property offers restaurant, pool, hot tub, fire pit, spa and conference facilities - all scattered across various buildings in a well maintened garden with little alleys. The location is very central to everything and the highlight is the car service - they offer a Suburban to drive you anywhere within 2 miles from the hotel for free. You can call and they will pick you up as well. 2 miles in Santa Fe means everywhere, it covers all local attractions, galleries, restaurants, shops. We tired and it works flawlessly.

Room Tip: Bring your sleepers ! The floor is cold and they don't supply any (which is odd by the way)
  • Stayed May 2015, traveled as a couple
We appreciate you taking the time to tell us about your visit. We agree, the car service is a great amenity and we're glad you were able to take advantage of it.

Been to La Posada de Santa Fe, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!