“Excellent location, beautiful grounds” 4 of 5 stars
Review of La Posada de Santa Fe, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa

You added La Posada de Santa Fe, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa to your Saves list
La Posada de Santa Fe, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   330 East Palace Ave., Santa Fe, NM 87501   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #36 of 60 Hotels in Santa Fe
San Marcos, Texas
“Excellent location, beautiful grounds”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

The La Posada is situated just minutes from downtown Santa Fe and provides a lovely setting (trees, sculptures) for relaxing and exploring. The beds are extremely comfortable and the bath amenities are top notch. Service personnel were all kind and willing to help. Evening appetizers, wine and cookies are a nice touch, as is flavored water and juice throughout the day. However, in-room coffee and condiments were not refreshed and the bar area is quite small. Overall, this is a great property and I would definitely stay here again.

Stayed April 2015, traveled on business
Paul P, General Manager at La Posada de Santa Fe, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 3 days ago
Thank you for your kind review. I will certainly look into why your coffee, Etc was not replenished. The Staab House Lounge is a victim of its' own success and the historic nature of the lounge prevents us from expansion. However, we are opening a new contemporary bar and grill this week which should take some of the pressure off Staab House. Come back and enjoy it with us!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

Visited from Thursday to Sunday in late April. This is an older facility with pueblo style casitas. Very charming and in a great location, a short walk from the center of town. Excellent food and service. The only down side is that the facility could use some renovation and one must be careful in room selection. We had a great suite with a king bed. Rooms were large but the furniture was old, rustic and a bit beat-up. Beds were fluffy and comfy. Others we talked to had small single rooms without even a chair to sit on.

Santa Fe weather, as they say, can have 4 seasons in one day. The second day was shirt sleeve weather and the third day we awoke to an inch of snow, but enjoyed pleasant weather in the early afternoon and windy later. Dress for cold and warm. It is high desert, 7200ft above sea level, so be aware that huffing and puffing could occur.

It is popular with celebrities. Tina and Adam arrived the day we left.

Room Tip: Go for the suites.
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled on business
Paul P, General Manager at La Posada de Santa Fe, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 4 days ago
Thank you for your review and we're glad you enjoyed your visit. I'm surprised you mentioned the property could use a renovation because we're right in the middle of one and thought we had posted information throughout the hotel. The only guest room furniture that has not yet been replaced are night stands and the television cabinet and those are on order. We'll certainly pass along your compliments to the food and beverage team. They do a great job and two new and exciting restaurants will be opening next month led by an honored chef. Please come back and check it out.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I stayed there with my best friend for our annual girlfriends trip and thought the property was beautiful - and the room was great - had a 1st floor with 2 queen beds - that had plenty of room - liked the hallway area to the bath as we could have the suitcases out and accessible.
The free shuttle round the area was great - since parking can be a hassle -
We had breakfast there daily and the food was very good - my only comment was that sometimes details were missed - like spoons for the coffee.

We both had massages, and they were very relaxing

I would caution guests that if there is increment weather - you are walking outside to your rooms - so that can be an issue - also, if you have issues walking the ground is a bit uneven.

The WiFi was a bit spotty - and we did have an issue with the TV, but they did fix that right away! Loved the bottled water that was free

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with friends
Paul P, General Manager at La Posada de Santa Fe, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 1 week ago
So glad you enjoyed your visit to La Posada. We have just completed the first phase of an internet upgrade that has improved bandwidth substantially. Unfortunately the adobe construction of our resort is not always internet friendly. Nevertheless, our engineers have come up with solutions and the remaining units that have challenging access will be corrected within the month.
Cincinnati, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We had a great time at the La Posada Inn. The hotel has a lot of character and the rooms truly unique. Our was big with 2 queen beds and a pull out sofa in the front room with a fireplace. The front desk was very helpful with recommendations on sites around Santa Fe and even a running route in the city. The mandatory valet parking takes getting used to. We did not try the in house dining with being only 2 blocks from the plaza which had plenty of options to eat.

Room Tip: Ask to see room before check in, every room is different. Some have fireplaces, patios.
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
Thank you for your review and am happy to hear our team was able to share some great Santa Fe tips with you.
Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I am having a lovely time in La Posada. The gardens are peaceful and the rooms are well appointed. My room overlooks a quiet pathway and trees outside my window makes it very cosy. The gym is slightly small but well equipped. The Spa is undergoing renovations but you wouldn't notice it. The staff has been very helpful and superb. Jeremiah and Joshua are always ready to assist and Jennifer always have a smile on her face. Nancy was very helpful in assisting me to plan my last minute side trip to Abiquiu. The valet team headed by Hector has been patiently playing chauffeur. The free shuttle service is a definite plus for the resort. I am staying in La Posada for nine days, and I am definitely NOT counting down the days!

• Stayed April 2015, traveled solo
It's always nice when guests name those team members who have gone the extra mile to make their visit memorable so thank you very much. The spa renovation will unfortunately get a little bit more noticeable next week but only for a very brief period and then we'll be able to enjoy the refreshed facilities.

Our complimentary shuttle is indeed a great guest feature. Parking in downtown Santa Fe can be a challenge to this is a great convenience.
Dallas, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I had stayed at La Posada before and it was a very luxurious hotel. No longer. It sold to Starwood (of which I'm a member). I had requested weeks before a very private room in new section where I could leave curtains open giving me a sunny room. I was assured one of two rooms that would work for me. A friend checked them out and assured me they would work for me. I arrived to find no one to help me with me luggage (an older guest helped me as I struggled to handle my luggage to me room. My room was not in the new section nor private nor was sunny. It was in the old section steps away from the busy parking lot. It had sidewalks on two sides of my room with people walking on them to get to their rooms or cars. It had one tiny window and if I left the shade open everyone could see in, so I had to keep it closed. The other larger window was behind the large TV that never worked as no TV worked in the entire hotel. That window's shade was broken so it didn't lift up and if it did, everyone could have seen in and could have generated little sun as it was behind large nonworking TV. Room was very cold as A/C was on on very cold day. When I complained about TV not working, 3 different engineers were sent to fix it over two nights when I was getting ready for bed. None could fix it though they tried and tried as it was a software problem affecting entire hotel. Not a good experience and I will not stay there again.

Room Tip: Good luck as they disregarded everything I asked for (sunny room in new section that offered privacy...
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled solo
Thank you for taking the time to point out some issues that should have been addressed differently. First, the hotel has not been sold to Starwood. It is a franchised member that is privately owned. As you were told at check-in, we were unable to provide you with the accommodations you specifically asked for due to high occupancy. We certainly apologize for this but it simply could not be done. There were a number of bellmen on duty when you checked in but most likely they were assisting other guests. While I see several notes about your check in I don't see where you asked for bell service.

For clarification, there is no "new" section of the hotel. Most rooms are 80 to 100 years old which is both good and sometimes not so good.

I apologize for the challenges with your television. We are doing a property-wide upgrade but the television issues were limited to just a couple of rooms. Our maintenance team should not have said otherwise and should have offered to move you to another room. We have followed up with that team this morning.

Finally, guest room HVAC systems can be switched from air conditioning to heat (or off, for that matter) right at the thermostat.
Santa Fe, New Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

My husband & I decided to spend our anniversary night at La Posada even though we live in Santa Fe. We'd stayed here when we were visitors & always liked the feel it gives us. We've eaten at their Fuego Restaurant several times for special occasions & really enjoy the whole atmosphere & service, as well as the food. The suite we had was delightful. It was like stepping into yesteryear as far as the décor goes. The bathroom was awesome; HUGE tub & very large shower area. One of our favorite things is their old bar area. A beautiful antique wooden bar; great bartenders & staff. Our fav bartender Sam was back after 7 years traveling the world. He's worth the stop himself.

Room Tip: Ask for a renovated one.
  • Stayed February 2015, traveled as a couple
Paul P, General Manager at La Posada de Santa Fe, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your visit. All of our guest rooms have now been renovated as well as most public spaces. The last area to receive attention is our spa and this will be completed by mid-May. Also coming in May is Julia, our new restaurant that will replace Fuego. We have a great menu and invite you to try it on your next visit. Viga, a contemporary bar and grill, will also open in May.

La Posada is like taking a step back in history; That is if history had a Sam that served Blood Orange Margaritas!

Been to La Posada de Santa Fe, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!