“An amazing experience” 5 of 5 stars
Review of La Posada de Santa Fe, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa

You added La Posada de Santa Fe, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa to your Saves list
La Posada de Santa Fe, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa
Ranked #35 of 60 Hotels in Santa Fe
Cincinnati, Ohio
“An amazing experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

We had a great time at the La Posada Inn. The hotel has a lot of character and the rooms truly unique. Our was big with 2 queen beds and a pull out sofa in the front room with a fireplace. The front desk was very helpful with recommendations on sites around Santa Fe and even a running route in the city. The mandatory valet parking takes getting used to. We did not try the in house dining with being only 2 blocks from the plaza which had plenty of options to eat.

Room Tip: Ask to see room before check in, every room is different. Some have fireplaces, patios.
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled with family

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

I am having a lovely time in La Posada. The gardens are peaceful and the rooms are well appointed. My room overlooks a quiet pathway and trees outside my window makes it very cosy. The gym is slightly small but well equipped. The Spa is undergoing renovations but you wouldn't notice it. The staff has been very helpful and superb. Jeremiah and Joshua are always ready to assist and Jennifer always have a smile on her face. Nancy was very helpful in assisting me to plan my last minute side trip to Abiquiu. The valet team headed by Hector has been patiently playing chauffeur. The free shuttle service is a definite plus for the resort. I am staying in La Posada for nine days, and I am definitely NOT counting down the days!

• Stayed April 2015, traveled solo
Paul P, General Manager at La Posada de Santa Fe, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 4 days ago
It's always nice when guests name those team members who have gone the extra mile to make their visit memorable so thank you very much. The spa renovation will unfortunately get a little bit more noticeable next week but only for a very brief period and then we'll be able to enjoy the refreshed facilities.

Our complimentary shuttle is indeed a great guest feature. Parking in downtown Santa Fe can be a challenge to this is a great convenience.
Dallas, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

I had stayed at La Posada before and it was a very luxurious hotel. No longer. It sold to Starwood (of which I'm a member). I had requested weeks before a very private room in new section where I could leave curtains open giving me a sunny room. I was assured one of two rooms that would work for me. A friend checked them out and assured me they would work for me. I arrived to find no one to help me with me luggage (an older guest helped me as I struggled to handle my luggage to me room. My room was not in the new section nor private nor was sunny. It was in the old section steps away from the busy parking lot. It had sidewalks on two sides of my room with people walking on them to get to their rooms or cars. It had one tiny window and if I left the shade open everyone could see in, so I had to keep it closed. The other larger window was behind the large TV that never worked as no TV worked in the entire hotel. That window's shade was broken so it didn't lift up and if it did, everyone could have seen in and could have generated little sun as it was behind large nonworking TV. Room was very cold as A/C was on on very cold day. When I complained about TV not working, 3 different engineers were sent to fix it over two nights when I was getting ready for bed. None could fix it though they tried and tried as it was a software problem affecting entire hotel. Not a good experience and I will not stay there again.

Room Tip: Good luck as they disregarded everything I asked for (sunny room in new section that offered privacy...
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled solo
Thank you for taking the time to point out some issues that should have been addressed differently. First, the hotel has not been sold to Starwood. It is a franchised member that is privately owned. As you were told at check-in, we were unable to provide you with the accommodations you specifically asked for due to high occupancy. We certainly apologize for this but it simply could not be done. There were a number of bellmen on duty when you checked in but most likely they were assisting other guests. While I see several notes about your check in I don't see where you asked for bell service.

For clarification, there is no "new" section of the hotel. Most rooms are 80 to 100 years old which is both good and sometimes not so good.

I apologize for the challenges with your television. We are doing a property-wide upgrade but the television issues were limited to just a couple of rooms. Our maintenance team should not have said otherwise and should have offered to move you to another room. We have followed up with that team this morning.

Finally, guest room HVAC systems can be switched from air conditioning to heat (or off, for that matter) right at the thermostat.
Santa Fe, New Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

My husband & I decided to spend our anniversary night at La Posada even though we live in Santa Fe. We'd stayed here when we were visitors & always liked the feel it gives us. We've eaten at their Fuego Restaurant several times for special occasions & really enjoy the whole atmosphere & service, as well as the food. The suite we had was delightful. It was like stepping into yesteryear as far as the décor goes. The bathroom was awesome; HUGE tub & very large shower area. One of our favorite things is their old bar area. A beautiful antique wooden bar; great bartenders & staff. Our fav bartender Sam was back after 7 years traveling the world. He's worth the stop himself.

Room Tip: Ask for a renovated one.
  • Stayed February 2015, traveled as a couple
Paul P, General Manager at La Posada de Santa Fe, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 6 days ago
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your visit. All of our guest rooms have now been renovated as well as most public spaces. The last area to receive attention is our spa and this will be completed by mid-May. Also coming in May is Julia, our new restaurant that will replace Fuego. We have a great menu and invite you to try it on your next visit. Viga, a contemporary bar and grill, will also open in May.

La Posada is like taking a step back in history; That is if history had a Sam that served Blood Orange Margaritas!
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

The room, layout, and architecture are very nice and quintesentail New Mexican. However I was very disappointed in the upkeep and service. Had following issues: had to call to have previous occupants linens removed from outside of room at 5pm, our private patio was unsweept with trash and empty water bottles in shrubbery, outside of window I saw cigarette butts in grass, pool deck was unsweept and tons of leaves in pool, sand in the hot tub, and turn down service didn't replinish coffee supplies or provide new cups. I mentioned these issues and was refunded the 30 resort fee.

On the positive the vallet and front desk was very friendly. The individual that came to our room to build a fire in our kiva did a great job and very professional.

Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
Los Angeles
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

After reading many of the other reviews, including the majority of negatives ones, I wanted to give my two cents. I stayed at La Posada for three nights last week, and when I arrived I had a certain expectation since the resort bills itself as part of the “luxury collection.”

First, the good: the property has a great location - it is close to all: a five minute walk to Canyon Road in one direction and the center of town (Plaza) is even closer, yet when on site the atmosphere is quiet and serene. The property consists of bungalow-type rooms, some of which date back 125 years. The Julia Staab bar is historic - dark and plush. The lobby is a nice place to relax in front of the fire, with complimentary Starbucks, tea and Mayan hot chocolate (delicious) in the morning, plus a variety of fruity beverages throughout the day and cookies or s’mores in the evening. The concierge is friendly and helpful. There’s a nice art collection in the main building, and tours are offered (although I didn’t attend one). I took a yoga class Sunday morning with Mary Jo, which was very nice. The “spa” is minimal, but the lavender steam room is a nice touch, and the young lady at the front desk is sweet and very accommodating. An engaging guy named Jim will light your fireplace in the evening, and the thick bathrobes provided are handy when walking from your room to the pool or spa. Some of the other employees who stood out: Tamas, the engineer who came to fix my TV, the parking staff, and Deniz and Marisa, managers who quickly addressed my complaints.

The bad: The staff needs extensive training in the concept of customer service. Not sure if some of them really want to work here. Maid service was spotty at best - in fact anytime I made a request I generally waited a minimum of 30 minutes -- sometimes much longer -- before I received a response. Unacceptable for a Starwood property. Wifi was virtually nonexistent in my room at the rear of the property. Ah, my room - at check-in it was described to me as one of the “original artists' cottages.” It was small (room for only one person), but charming in its own way with beamed ceilings and a fireplace. There are no drawers so you must live out of your suitcase. The bathroom has a pedestal sink which is useless for a woman trying to get ready - I had to balance my makeup and toiletries on the toilet seat, and used the toilet tank lid to charge my camera since the electrical outlets in the room were already occupied. It was a ground floor room. which required that the shades be drawn at all times, unless you want someone looking in your room (so therefore no natural light during the day, which is not appealing). The HVAC system made a loud noise 24/7 and never seemed to work properly. The parking lot is miniscule, so valet parking is required, and at peak times there can be a wait to retrieve your car.

There is no ugly - La Posada is a nice place to stay, provided you’re prepared for some bumps here and there. When I return (and I will) I look forward to seeing improvements that are in alignment with the Starwood lifestyle brand.

Stayed April 2015, traveled solo
Thank you for your review. We always appreciate the time and the information when guests tell us how we're doing. We'll be sure to pass your compliments on to the team members you named.

As you may know, we are currently upgrading both our television service and internet service. We fully understand the internet, in particular, has been an issue. Apparently the adobe construction of our property makes conventional internet service problematic. Nevertheless, we believe our engineers now have a solution. I apologize it was not in time for your visit.

Some of the rooms at La Posada are over 100 years old and no two are alike. I am always surprised at which rooms guests like and want to stay in again but this is definitely not a cookie-cutter hotel.
tbuktu
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Great service. Having to valet cat was kind of annoying but they were so friendly .

Our pillows were too high and they were happy to provide us w lower ones.

I loved the free yoga on the wknd and that u can use the spa facilities

The water pressure in the room wasn't greatest but not big deal. We ended up washing our hair in the spa

Stayed April 2015, traveled with friends
Paul P, General Manager at La Posada de Santa Fe, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Thank you for your review. We understand your comments about having to valet your car but like most downtown Santa Fe hotels, parking is at a premium. We park the bulk of guest cars in our parking garage which is really not appropriate for guest use. Glad you appreciate how we try and make up with an outstanding valet team.

We're getting ready to open two new dining spots. Viga, a contemporary bar and grill and Julia which will replace our existing Fuego. You'll love these on your next visit.

Been to La Posada de Santa Fe, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!