You added La Posada de Santa Fe, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa to your Saves list
La Posada de Santa Fe, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   330 East Palace Ave., Santa Fe, NM 87501   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #32 of 60 Hotels in Santa Fe
“Great Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

I really enjoyed La Posada. The staff is amazing and very kind. Also, if you need suggestions talk to the concierges. Also, the food was amazing and there was someone always there to hold the door for you. Also there was warm apple cider in the evening.

Stayed December 2014
Mexico805, General Manager at La Posada de Santa Fe, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 3 days ago
I love that warm apple cider on a chilly evening as well. Thank you so much for responding and glad you enjoyed your visit. Be sure to return later this spring when a carefully restored La Posada will be welcoming guests.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (193)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

The pueblo styled rooms are scattered in buildings over the property. Our room had a fireplace and separate balcony. It was a pleasant walk to our room since the grounds had many garden beds and sculptures. The parking attendants are extremely courteous and accommodating. Our man took our luggage to our room while we registered and had drinks and something to eat in the dining room The hotel concierge was very helpful letting us know what activities the hotel had planned for each evening. The main building houses artwork from various artists which can be purchased. The hotel employs an art curator, Ms. Sarah Eyestone, who conducts tours of the main hotel building and explains the various artists and their paintings. She is a fantastic guide and an artist in her own right. She is also very knowledgeable about the history of the hotel and Santa Fe in general. My wife was able to take an oil painting class from her. The hotel is within easy walking distance of the plaza area and different tourist attractions. The Canyon Road art galleries are best taken by car or the hotel has a chauffeured limo service that will take you to your destination and pick you up when you call. It was so easy to be driven to our destination and later a cell phone call got us picked up again when we wanted. We spent seven days at this hotel in Santa Fe and were never bored since there were daily activities and great restaurants.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple
Thanks for your wonderful response. We agree that our parking team/drivers do a great job and what a convenience to be dropped off and not have to worry about parking. Sarah does a wonderful job and thank you so much for acknowledging her.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

La Posada de Santa Fe is a special place. I don't think you can find a better resort that fits the culture and surroundings of Santa Fe. Location is just 3 blocks from the Plaza. The staff is genuine and caring. The food is tasty with portions that won't leave you hungry. (You have to try Mama Mary's Tamales on Fri & Sat nights!) The Spa should not be missed - a great experience. What I liked the most is that each room or casita is unique and different than the next. No typical box room but instead each one has a character and charm of it's own. Best of all, the new management company is renovating the rooms! I can't wait to go back during the spring. Santa Fe and La Posada are tops on my list!

Room Tip: Each room is unique and different.
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled on business
Thank you so much for taking the time to respond. We're glad you enjoyed your visit and our caring staff. Thanks for acknowledging our renovation efforts as we make La Posada better than ever!
Santa Fe, New Mexico
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

First La Posada changed their menu, which is a shame. The new menu is below average. The bar is the best part about the place at this point. I went to the spa and had maybe the worst massage of my life and I've had many all over the world. To make a long story short, the massage therapist had me more stressed after I left than when I went in before the 1 1/2 hour massage. He didn't listen to direction (where to apply more pressure) and decided to rub my stomach even though we discussed his not doing that (it bugs the crap out of me). I could go on about all of that, but I'll move on. The steam room still has puddles of water leaking out. They simply leave towels to soak it up. I didn't bother staying for the facilities because I was so stressed, I wanted to go home. I checked out and the woman at the spa desk asked how it was. I told her it was maybe the worst ever and she just looked confused and let me go on my way. As I waited for the very nice valet guy (he remembered my name, which was very nice), the General Manager came over and chatted to him about the weather, not asking me how their services were. The bar and the valet man were the best parts of the hotel. The rooms are okay, but you can find better places in town.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled solo
Mexico805, General Manager at La Posada de Santa Fe, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 5 days ago
Thank you for taking the time to respond. We're disappointed that we failed to exceed your expectations. Our spa manager will be reaching out to you regarding your spa experience but there are a couple of additional things you should be aware of. La Posada is under new management as of December 6th and has started a multi-million dollar renovation that will continue through the spring. Current plans include extensive improvements to our spa which quite honestly, has not been touched for years. It needs it.

On January 5th we will be introducing a new interim menu to the restaurant we're certain you'll find interesting. Later in the spring we will create an entirely new dining experience built on the history of La Posada.
Boise, Idaho
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I recently stayed at the La Posada de Santa Fe... my stay was magical to say the least! The resort itself is charming, tranquil and serene! I throughly enjoyed the village like atmosphere and the service was outstanding. I have stayed in Santa Fe before but never at a place like this! The resort is located in the older part of Santa Fe near the plaza. It was certainly a unique location. Very quiet and peaceful. The grounds were beautiful with works of Art everywhere! Even in the middle of winter I found beauty all around. Off in the distance you could hear church bells ringing, it wasn't too loud but it certainly added to my overall magical experience. My room was really nice, modern and clean. I liked that you could open the windows. There were a couple minor issues such as the phone cord needed replacing and I thought the big white tent near the banquet hall was a little dsitracting in that area. The pool is open year around which is nice and they have a very cool bar. Lots of Art and lots of history. Most of all, my stay was magical because of the beautiful grounds and how peaceful it was.

Room Tip: The rooms on the back seem newer and nicer. Some rooms had fireplaces that I could see, mine did no...
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled with friends
Thank you so much for taking the time to respond. As you may know we are under new management as of December 6th and embarking on a multi-million dollar renovation to make historic La Posada even better.
California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Terrific location close to the Plaza, and good food in their Fuego restaurant (overpriced, but I expected that considering it's in the hotel). When I arrived, my room wasn't ready, but they gave me a voucher for lunch to enjoy while I waited. Very nice. I thought the employees were helpful and attentive.

The room was a bit of a disappointment. My version of a resort includes a room that it's nice to hang out in. This room was very small and the windows looked straight into other rooms so I had to keep the blinds drawn. The side of the room with the dresser and the spot for your luggage had no lighting so I had trouble with that. There was a big three bulb freestanding lamp in the entrance -- not only was it not plugged in, but it was nowhere near an outlet. So it was just in the way. In fact, the outlets were in strange locations. Not well thought out. Other reviewers commented that the bed was really comfortable. Not sure if there are different mattresses in different rooms, but my bed wasn't that great. It wasn't bad, it just wasn't noteworthy. The pillows were all thick - an impossible situation for a side sleeper. Although housekeeping did a great job, it seemed like the room was worn - scuffs on the walls, dirty carpet, etc. For a "luxury resort", La Posada was a let down.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled on business
Mexico805, Manager at La Posada de Santa Fe, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Thank you for taking the time to review your visit to La Posada. Our company has just taken over management of La Posada as of December 6th. While we have started the process of renovating all of our accommodations and public areas full completion will not occur until the Spring. I realize this is no consolation to you and would appreciate if you would contact me at ppoer@ardenthotels.co so that we might make this right.

Part of the charm of La Posada is its' history, grounds and age. Unfortunately this means that virtually all 157 of our guest accommodations are different which makes it sometimes challenging to unite a guest with their perfect room. We're working on this and promise to do better.
Albuquerque, New Mexico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

My wife and I went in June 2014 for a romantic weekend. The facilities were beautiful and peaceful.

The good:
Short walk to Santa Fe Plaza. We parked at the hotel and spent the weekend walking around restaurants, churches, galleries, and historic sites.

Southwestern style decor and layout. Beautiful blue skies.

The put us up in the presidential suite--two bathrooms, one bedroom, a reading room, a sitting room, and a pool table room. Very cool.

The so-so to bad:
Very small pool. I have seen many backyard pools bigger than that.

We had reservation problems. I booked a package on line earlier in the year (spa plus hotel). When I called about a week before our arrival to schedule massages, etc., the reservation specialist had no idea what I was talking about. I mentioned the spa package online and she said, "See how we don't update our online materials very often! That must be old." They connected me to a manager who knew about the package and then fixed it all up.

Until we checked out...they charged me for the spa treatments that were supposed to be included. After the trip I went back and forth with the hotel for a while, waiting for someone from accounting to call me (multiple times). In the end, they credited me back and offered a free night stay, which we will definitely use.

Overall, I would recommend going. Perfect for a romantic getaway. We plan on going again and the hotel did make a good effort in fixing the situation.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to La Posada de Santa Fe, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!