“We keep going back!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of La Posada de Santa Fe, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa

You added La Posada de Santa Fe, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa to your Saves list
La Posada de Santa Fe, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa
Ranked #33 of 60 Hotels in Santa Fe
Fort Myers, Florida
“We keep going back!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

We love this place! We've stayed at a lot of inns and resorts around Santa Fe but we always go back to our all time favorite, La Posado. Love the winding paths and the individual casitas. Love the decor. Love how close it is to everything. Love the services and the staff. We could go here and never leave the grounds and would be happy. What a great place! Love, love, love this place.

Room Tip: There are so many options so tell the staff what your likes and wishes are. They'll help you ch...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (191)
Omaha, Nebraska
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

My husband and I stayed at this lovely resort for a wedding we attended in early October. We were incredibly impressed with the friendly hospitality and overall feel of the resort. We are history lovers and we were fortunate enough to stay in the original building on the resort, which was built in the 1600's - a room just down the hall from a "haunted" room! Our other family members stayed in other areas of the resort and all of the rooms were incredibly individual and comfortable. An added bonus to this resort (as if you need another!) is that it is VERY convenient to downtown Santa Fe, only about a 5 or 10 minute walk to amazing shops, galleries, and restaurants. You will not be disappointed with a stay at this lovely retreat!

Room Tip: If you are a light sleeper, make sure you request not to be in the main building...there is a bar di...
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled with family
Norcross, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

My wife and I, along with a work colleague, stayed at La Posada this month while we were in Santa Fe for business. The hotel is charming, unique with a very local feel, while still being luxurious and personal. The staff are excellent, and the food in the restaurant is superb. The layout is like nothing I've seen before, and the old-west style rooms are delightful. We particularly liked that we had a fireplace in the room and the hotel provided wood every night - perfect in cooler temps.

The location is perfect, a 5-minute walk from the center of historic old Santa Fe.

Highly recommended.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled on business
Krum
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

We have stayed at this property for many years multiple times a year and have had only one other time a stay that was not memorable. We could not get checked into our room until after 6 pm because it had not been inspected. It was during the week so they were not dealing with the weekend crowd yet. We were not offered a drink or anything for having to wait. For our entire stay we had to repeatedly ask for our suit (one of the larger ones) to be cleaned. One day we had to ask 4 times. The housekeepers would stand around and talk or if they were out of coffee walk to someone else's cart to get what was needed. Our patio table was never cleaned of the paper and glasses from the entire stay...it was right out front. 2 nights there were weddings at the property. We had to wait 25 minutes to get our car parked. The next night we used the valet service thinking that might be better. They forgot us and we had to call again. We filled out a survey at the end of the visit and all we received back was a form letter and an offer of an upgrade. Since this trip we have stayed at another property. Not as convenient but much better service; and you expect good service when you pay that price per night for a large suite.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Ellen C, General Manager at La Posada de Santa Fe, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 5 days ago
Please accept my heartfelt apology for the experience you encountered during your recent visit to the resort. I am terribly sorry to learn that you had several lapses in service with housekeeping and valet parking. I can certainly understand how unsettling this was for you and your family.

Please let me assure you that your comments have not fallen on deaf ears. I have shared your feedback with our entire team to ensure that your experience does not recur in the future.

We set high standards of service for our associates and it is therefore disappointing to learn when our goals of service are not met. Thank you for sharing your feedback so we can work on our improvement plans.

Portsmouth, New Hampshire
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

La Posada has double-billed my partner and me for our stay, and they've been unresponsive to my phone calls. I reserved the room, giving my credit card to hold it. When we checked out, my partner asked that the charge be put on her card. They assured her they'd do that, and they gave her a receipt. It turns out that we've both been charged for a total of twice the room bill. I've called twice, once leaving a message with their accounting department. Days later, no one has returned my call. Regardless of the hotel's other qualities, if they can't keep their billing straight, and, maybe more important, they don't respond to queries and complaints, I'd advise you to stay away.

Stayed November 2014, traveled on business
Please let me accept my sincerest apology for the billing issue you have encountered during your recent visit to the resort. I am very disappointed to learn that you encountered a billing issue and that your inquiry was not responded to promptly.

I would great appreciate the opportunity to assist with the billing issue. Please contact the hotel and ask for the General Manager's office and I will be happy to assist in rectifying the billing error.

Once again, please accept my apology for the billing issues. I look forward to hearing from you.

Regards,

Centennial, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

This is not for people who can not handle the culture of this area. Most people should google Santa Fe before coming to the area. La Posada is not a "Hotel". This is a resort and spa. My husband and I drove from Denver to Santa Fe for a weekend getaway. I love art and have always wanted to explore the culture and art of Santa Fe. We decided on a long weekend in Santa Fe. We plugged in our GPS and 6 hours later we were at our destination, La Posada de Santa Fe. We were not disappointed. From the moment we walked into the lobby I knew I was going to love this weekend. Art and history were all around us. The room was divine, exactly what we were looking for. It felt like and looked like we were in the southwest. It went right with the rest of the city.The ambiance was second to none. We freshened up and asked the concierge to recommend a nice restaurant. Everything was in walking distance. We did not need our car. We were at the heart of as much art as I could take in. Our trip was absolutely amazing. The staff and the ambiance of La Posada was just what we needed.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for sharing your feedback regarding your recent visit to the La Posada de Santa Fe. I am delighted to learn that your encounters with our team members was enjoyable. I am also thrilled to learn that you found our resort in a perfection location and a true authentic southwestern experience!

We have just begun a full renovation of the resort. We will be updating all of our guest rooms with new finishes as well as our public and meeting space. I certainly hope you will have the opportunity to return to Santa Fe and see first hand the fresh new appearance of our resort and spa.

Atlanta
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

This was our 1st visit to the La Posada and we really enjoyed it. The room was very nice and the staff especially Jessie was so helpful. We used the in town hotel shuttle to get around and it was a great way to avoid the parking and hassles of having a car in Santa Fe.
The only advise I would give is if you have issues with getting around as I do ask for a room closer to the front our room was at the back of the property a hike for me.
The spa was also excellent and we enjoyed several treatments while we were there.
The grounds are very pretty even in the late fall.

Room Tip: The only advise I would give is if you have issues with getting around as I do ask for a room closer...
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on Trip Advisor regarding your recent visit to La Posada de Santa Fe, a Luxury Collection Resort. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your visit with us and will share your comments with Jessie.

Thank you also for sharing that our resort is sprawling on six acres of well manicured lawns and walkways and provides our customers with an authentic resort setting, close to the Plaza's galleries, shops and dining.

Interim General Manager

Been to La Posada de Santa Fe, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!