“The Bad the Ugly then the Good! From a 1 star to a 4 the long way” 3 of 5 stars
Review of La Posada de Santa Fe, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa

Save Saved
You added La Posada de Santa Fe, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa to your Saves list
La Posada de Santa Fe, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   330 East Palace Ave., Santa Fe, NM 87501   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #33 of 60 Hotels in Santa Fe
Houston, Texas
“The Bad the Ugly then the Good! From a 1 star to a 4 the long way”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW via mobile

Arrived with husband for a 3 night conference here. He paid for an upgrade to a king suite. Room 131 was yuk. Cracked walls, old furniture and squeaky floors and view of the street. The only good things were the linens, bed and towels since Starwood just took them over in June. But they still charged Starwood prices. $$$$
Thank goodness the General Manager came to look at the room. He was able to move us to the second floor rooms above the Spa. What a difference! A true suite and views! Was very disappointed in the prior room. Great GM rectified problem. Would only stay in those rooms again. Thank you!

Stayed October 2014, traveled on business
Ellen C, General Manager at La Posada de Santa Fe, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 4 days ago
Thank you for taking the time to write a review for the La Posada de Santa Fe resort. I am so pleased to hear that we were able to move you to an updated Spa Suite and that you found this room spacious and well appointed. I am thrilled to share that the resort will be going through a multi-million dollar renovation starting in November which will transform the hotel's guest rooms, dining and public spaces.

I certainly hope you will return in the near future and see first hand the new furnishings and décor we have selected, fitting of a Luxury Collection resort.

Thank you again for sharing your feedback and choosing Starwood Hotels and Resorts when traveling.

Interim General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (183)
Fair Oaks, California, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

We attended with a group for 3 days
Yet on check-in they charged my Credit card $1,100.00
it included a $90.00 for services!
2 days after check out they had not reversed the charge
The staff were rude and unapologetic regarding the charge and just said "don't worry be clam", we do this all the time!

The room was cute and small.
The rooms are in a maze & the signs are designed to get you lost

• Stayed October 2014, traveled with friends
Please accept my heartfelt apology for the experience you endured with the corrections of your bill. I truly apologize that when a mishap occurred, it was not handled efficiently and without sincerity. We hold high standards for our team and it is therefore disappointing when our goals of service are not met. Please let me assure you that your comments have not fallen on deaf ears and that corrective action will be taken.

I would also like to share that our property is undergoing a large renovation beginning in November which will literally transform the resort. While our 6 acre property with its winding pathways through our lush gardens will remain an unique experience, the arrival to our authentic casita will be completely updated. I certainly hope you will have the opportunity to return to Santa Fe and the La Posada in the near future and see the updates we have undergone.

Thank you once again for letting me know of your experience. It is only knowing where we fall short that we can continue to improve.

Placitas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Always love staying at La Posada. Close to Plaza and Canyon Road but off the path and so quiet and relaxing. Staff extremely helpful and friendly. Enjoy the evening Chef specials, wine, beer and art talk. Bar - great place to visit. Art work continues to catch your eye throughout the property.
Linens luxurious. Each room varies so if not comfortable ask to look at another, if available.
Enjoy....

Room Tip: Spa rooms upstairs very special. Rooms away from the patio/lawn area a bit quieter.
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled with family
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review on Trip Advisor regarding your recent visit to the La Posada de Santa Fe. I am delighted to learn that you truly enjoyed visit to our resort, the ambiance as well as the property's ideal location to the Plaza.

I am also thrilled to learn that you enjoyed our luxurious linens and the comfort of our casitas. Thank you so much for sharing your wonderful feedback about our restaurant and bar as well. I will be certain to share your comments with our entire staff.

Regards,

Mesa, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

My boyfriend and I stayed at this hotel recently thanks to a major discount, and really enjoyed it. We were upgraded to a nicer room with a patio and fireplace, they valet parked our car, and the staff was very friendly and helpful even though it was very busy. Sure, there was a resort fee, but I'm not shocked by that in this day and age (I feel like most hotels have that, so I'm not sure what the complaints were). The room we got had a very comfortable bed, and nice amenities. It was older and could have used a bathroom upgrade, but it was clean. Also in a great location so you can walk all over the city very easily. Yes, the bar was pricey, but the entire city of Santa Fe is pretty pricey so you should know what you're getting into. The drinks were good though, and the servers were great. Overall, I recommend this hotel to anyone looking to stay in Santa Fe in a good location.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple
Ellen C, General Manager at La Posada de Santa Fe, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 3 days ago
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on Trip Advisor. I am so delighted to hear that you truly enjoyed your recent stay at the La Posada de Santa Fe. I will be certain to share your feedback with our entire team.

I would like to share that we are just embarking on a full scale renovation beginning in November. All of our guest rooms furniture and finishes will be upgraded as well as our award winning restaurant and public spaces.

I certainly hope that you can return to our resort in the near future and see first hand, the wonderful improvements made!

4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

My Mom and I stayed here at a discounted rate we got through hotwire. We have stayed at other hotels and have been treated like animals due to our booking with a travel agency. The staff here was ecstactic to have us on board as a guest and we were not shorted any supply of services although we were staying on a HUGE discount. Everyone from the Valet, Bellman, Front Desk, and Concierge were more than willing to help us out with our requests about what to do while in town etc... This location has been under some scrutiny ever since being bought out and the employees are pertaining to new standards under the new regime that is IHR. So the hotel has lost some independency while adjusting to new policies. Besides that, this place is a Gem and everyone who works there is very friendly and helpful. No bad experience here.

Room Tip: They are all great rooms.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Thank you so much for sharing your feedback regarding your recent visit to the La Posada de Santa Fe. I am so pleased to hear that our staff was engaging and helpful. I will certainly share your comments with our team.

I am also pleased to share that our property became part of the Starwood family of hotels in May and are now a proud member of Starwood's Luxury Collection. I thank you for your feedback on how you experienced this transition and will work with my team to ensure that this is a seamless experience going forward.

Thank you once again for your feedback. I am so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us.

denver
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Oh lovely... setting like old adobe village based from a 100 year old mansion.
Very clean and the soroundings are pleasent. In room fire place to make the evening romantic . But don't sit on the hard uncomfortable leather couch. When you slide off someone will think you farted.. just look at someone else with your nose crinkled and say .. Please!!. but the bed is delightful. Should have put the fire place in the bedroom.

Stayed October 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on Trip Advisor regarding your recent visit to La Posada de Santa Fe, a Luxury Collection resort. I am thrilled to learn that you enjoyed your room and found our resort clean and grounds attractive.

I am also to share that our resort will be going through a multi-million renovation in November. All of our guest rooms will receive new furnishings as well as finishes. Our award winning restaurant as well as public spaces will also be renovated.

I hope you have the opportunity to return to Santa Fe and see first hand the wonderful updates we will make to the resort.

Estes Park, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We stayed at the Posada de Santa Fe two weeks ago for three nights and found it to be charming and very relaxing. The service was excellent, the restaurant was great (we ate two breakfasts there) and the rooms small but very comfortable. The grounds were meticulously cared for and quiet. We were just a few blocks away from the center of Santa Fe, but you would never know it once you passed through the entrance gates. The only surprise was the $30 per day tacked onto an already pricey room that we did not know about until we got there. All in all, we had a wonderful stay there and would go back.

Room Tip: ask for a room in the back of the property
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to La Posada de Santa Fe, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!