“A big price tag for little value” 2 of 5 stars
Review of La Posada de Santa Fe, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa

Save Saved
You added La Posada de Santa Fe, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa to your Saves list
La Posada de Santa Fe, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   330 East Palace Ave., Santa Fe, NM 87501   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #29 of 60 hotels in Santa Fe
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“A big price tag for little value”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

I had high expectations for LaPosada but the experience was poor at best. Visually the grounds at first glance are great but the after settling in you realize you're paying a lot of money of poor service and a substandard room. The room was in poor condition. The furniture is beat up and the carpet is stained (the carpeting had rolls and has a musty odor). The air conditioning was broken in the room. Maintenance came three times, after multiple calls but the temperature was never regulated and the room was like a hot box. Housekeeping was VERY POOR. The first day housekeeping never cleaned the room. Upon returning to the room at 6 pm I called and requested fresh towels and more shampoo, it took an hour to get someone to come to the room. Every subsequent day the room was not clean ed until 430pm. The restaurant service on the patio was slow and the food was cold - this happened more than once. This was a really bad experience all round. I realize the management is in the process of changing but at these prices there is no excuse for this level of service.

Room Tip: Wait until after the first of year ... maybe the new management cleans up their act. On a positive...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple

427 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (167)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

We stayed at La Posada De Santa Fe from 8/22/14-8/26/14 and we could not have asked for a more enjoyable experience. The hotel staff, accommodations were excellent. One morning i went to eat breakfast, after the kitchen had stopped serving breakfast, I told the server that I did not need a full meal, only something to eat in order to take medicine. The kitchen agreed to break tradition and scrambled a couple of eggs for me in order for me to take my medicine. They did not have to do this but they did. If we needed a shuttle to take us some place, within a few minutes of our request we were on our way. Me and my wife are planning another visit and La Posada de Santa Fe will be our first choice for lodging.

Room Tip: Book early
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
BenTutt, General Manager at La Posada de Santa Fe, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 2 days ago
Dear avalonr2014,

I appreciate the time to do such a wonderful review. I'm so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us during Indian Market and that the staff and accommodations exceeded your expectations.

We will look forward to having you back on the property in the near future.

Huntington Beach, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

Although the "casitas" at La Posada definitely need some renovations, the top-level service could not have been more attentive. At check-in, Ann's "can-do" attitude provided for my every request (plus wine/chocolate-covered strawberries for my mom's birthday). During our 5-night stay, Gigi and Tracy could not have been more personable and responsive to our needs. When I said that I had forgotten the shower handle I usually carry for my mom, they went out and bought one and had it in our room within an hour. THEN, they thanked US for staying at La Posada and bringing the need for a handle to their attention. Valets, waiters/waitresses were all as personable as could be. Free shuttle was great too! Improved lighting and a new shower head would be great. But we WILL definitely return to La Posada because of their spectacular service. THANK YOU!! Only bad note was checking out. Ashley was sweet but inept and what should have taken only a few minutes took a full hour. If only Ann had been there....

Room Tip: Each casita is unique. We loved ours with both an adorable patio and also a fireplace.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Dear LEC532014,

Thank you for the wonderful note. I love that so many people made a difference in your stay and that you remembered them by name. I'll be sure to make sure to thank them for their efforts.

We look forward to your return.

alamedafrances
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW via mobile

Our family planned on staying here one night. After the one night we opted to stay a second night. Then a third night - we were fortunate to get the same room! Loved the pool and hotel. Immaculate room and nice friendly staff. Will be back!!!

Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Dear alamedafrances,

I'm so glad you enjoyed your time with us. I love to hear that people got here and loved it so much that they stayed an extra night, in your case two.

We look forward to your next stay with us.

Lubbock, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Avoid for now. Our shabby room #131 had floors so creaky that walking from bed to bath woke my friend up in front room every time. Opened out old sofa sleeper in front room - no linens. Felt lots of hard springs near surface of mattress. So called for a rollaway that finally arrived at 11 PM. One sheet was damp. Had to use blanket instead of wet top sheet. Needed to be at plaza for Indian Market, but this old hotel was a waste of money. No where close to Starwood standards. No way Jose.
We moved to the Hilton after one miserable night.

Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Cleo-TX,

I appreciate the time to do a review. I apologize for the inconveniences that you experienced during your stay. We are currently in the renovation process and will have all of our rooms as well as public areas completed by the end of the year. I would like to invite you to return as I would love to get you opinion of both.

(505) 954-9610
Indianapolis
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Stayed with our family, including grand children. With the exception that one of the rooms was not ready until after their normal check in time this was a great place to stay. It is located in the center or Santa Fe within walking distance of the Plaza and other attractions. Also the hotel has a shuttle to take and pick up from restaurants and other attractions; a great convenience not to worry about parking. The room was spacious and well appointed. The view from our balcony was nothing to write home about but the grounds and common areas were beautiful.
The staff gets an A+. the bell man, Nate, was terrific, very efficient; when we got to our room it was not ready he immediately called the desk and made other arrangements. The restaurants and wait staff were excellent and service very good.
My wife used the spa and reported that it was the best massage she had experienced.
I would add that the management of the hotel provided a temporary room for our grandson to nap while we waited for our room to be ready; as well as not charging for the first nights stay in compensation.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Dear DuffyV,

Thank you so much for the review. I loved to hear that you got around and used the different parts of the property. I'll be sure to relay to the Spa team about their "best massage" ever. Thank you for the mention of Nate and the staff. The team here is what makes the difference in our customer experience.

We will look forward to your return and if we can ever be of assistance please let us know.

At your Service,

Fort Worth, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

So I booked this hotel for a business trip based on Trip Advisor and local friends advice. The hotel website showed beautiful rooms and given that this is a Starwood resort, I had certain expectations. Those were quickly dashed when I entered my room. The room looked to be about 30 years old with carpet that was wrinkling, couches and chairs that were stained and an awful odor in the room. The bath room appeared to be recently remodeled, but lacked some house keeping attention with cob webs above the shower head. When I turned on the shower, the entire handle piece moved revealing a large hole in the wall. For $500 a night, this was not what I expected. I did complain to the staff who were very nice and tried to fix what they could which meant they improved the smell. The hotel was booked for the weekend so no other rooms were available. The grounds were beautiful and the bar was great. But the overall experience was incredibly disappointing and likely not a place I will put on my list to return.

Room Tip: Apparently you should ask for a casita. these are the updated rooms
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Dear DrDivaG,

Thank you for the time to do a review. I appreciate the mention of the bar and the helpfulness of the staff. I'm sorry that the overall experience did not meet your standards. We are currently undergoing the process of a renovation and I would love to get you back to the property next year for a comparison. If I can be of any assistance towards this please let me know as I would enjoy having a margarita with you to get your feedback.

Ben Tutt

Been to La Posada de Santa Fe, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!