You added La Posada de Santa Fe, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa to your Saves list
La Posada de Santa Fe, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   330 East Palace Ave., Santa Fe, NM 87501   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #32 of 60 Hotels in Santa Fe
“Excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2014

We stayed at La Posada De Santa Fe from 8/22/14-8/26/14 and we could not have asked for a more enjoyable experience. The hotel staff, accommodations were excellent. One morning i went to eat breakfast, after the kitchen had stopped serving breakfast, I told the server that I did not need a full meal, only something to eat in order to take medicine. The kitchen agreed to break tradition and scrambled a couple of eggs for me in order for me to take my medicine. They did not have to do this but they did. If we needed a shuttle to take us some place, within a few minutes of our request we were on our way. Me and my wife are planning another visit and La Posada de Santa Fe will be our first choice for lodging.

Room Tip: Book early
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
BenTutt, General Manager at La Posada de Santa Fe, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa, responded to this review, August 31, 2014
Dear avalonr2014,

I appreciate the time to do such a wonderful review. I'm so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us during Indian Market and that the staff and accommodations exceeded your expectations.

We will look forward to having you back on the property in the near future.

Ben Tutt

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (193)
Huntington Beach, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2014

Although the "casitas" at La Posada definitely need some renovations, the top-level service could not have been more attentive. At check-in, Ann's "can-do" attitude provided for my every request (plus wine/chocolate-covered strawberries for my mom's birthday). During our 5-night stay, Gigi and Tracy could not have been more personable and responsive to our needs. When I said that I had forgotten the shower handle I usually carry for my mom, they went out and bought one and had it in our room within an hour. THEN, they thanked US for staying at La Posada and bringing the need for a handle to their attention. Valets, waiters/waitresses were all as personable as could be. Free shuttle was great too! Improved lighting and a new shower head would be great. But we WILL definitely return to La Posada because of their spectacular service. THANK YOU!! Only bad note was checking out. Ashley was sweet but inept and what should have taken only a few minutes took a full hour. If only Ann had been there....

Room Tip: Each casita is unique. We loved ours with both an adorable patio and also a fireplace.
Dear LEC532014,

Thank you for the wonderful note. I love that so many people made a difference in your stay and that you remembered them by name. I'll be sure to make sure to thank them for their efforts.

We look forward to your return.

alamedafrances
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2014 via mobile

Our family planned on staying here one night. After the one night we opted to stay a second night. Then a third night - we were fortunate to get the same room! Loved the pool and hotel. Immaculate room and nice friendly staff. Will be back!!!

Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Dear alamedafrances,

I'm so glad you enjoyed your time with us. I love to hear that people got here and loved it so much that they stayed an extra night, in your case two.

We look forward to your next stay with us.

Indianapolis
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2014

Stayed with our family, including grand children. With the exception that one of the rooms was not ready until after their normal check in time this was a great place to stay. It is located in the center or Santa Fe within walking distance of the Plaza and other attractions. Also the hotel has a shuttle to take and pick up from restaurants and other attractions; a great convenience not to worry about parking. The room was spacious and well appointed. The view from our balcony was nothing to write home about but the grounds and common areas were beautiful.
The staff gets an A+. the bell man, Nate, was terrific, very efficient; when we got to our room it was not ready he immediately called the desk and made other arrangements. The restaurants and wait staff were excellent and service very good.
My wife used the spa and reported that it was the best massage she had experienced.
I would add that the management of the hotel provided a temporary room for our grandson to nap while we waited for our room to be ready; as well as not charging for the first nights stay in compensation.

Dear DuffyV,

Thank you so much for the review. I loved to hear that you got around and used the different parts of the property. I'll be sure to relay to the Spa team about their "best massage" ever. Thank you for the mention of Nate and the staff. The team here is what makes the difference in our customer experience.

We will look forward to your return and if we can ever be of assistance please let us know.

At your Service,

Fort Worth, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2014

So I booked this hotel for a business trip based on Trip Advisor and local friends advice. The hotel website showed beautiful rooms and given that this is a Starwood resort, I had certain expectations. Those were quickly dashed when I entered my room. The room looked to be about 30 years old with carpet that was wrinkling, couches and chairs that were stained and an awful odor in the room. The bath room appeared to be recently remodeled, but lacked some house keeping attention with cob webs above the shower head. When I turned on the shower, the entire handle piece moved revealing a large hole in the wall. For $500 a night, this was not what I expected. I did complain to the staff who were very nice and tried to fix what they could which meant they improved the smell. The hotel was booked for the weekend so no other rooms were available. The grounds were beautiful and the bar was great. But the overall experience was incredibly disappointing and likely not a place I will put on my list to return.

Room Tip: Apparently you should ask for a casita. these are the updated rooms
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Dear DrDivaG,

Thank you for the time to do a review. I appreciate the mention of the bar and the helpfulness of the staff. I'm sorry that the overall experience did not meet your standards. We are currently undergoing the process of a renovation and I would love to get you back to the property next year for a comparison. If I can be of any assistance towards this please let me know as I would enjoy having a margarita with you to get your feedback.

Waltham, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2014

La Posada Inn is a great spot to stay in Santa Fe. I have been going there 40 plus years from my early childhood. It has been purchased by Starwood, and is now a member of the Boutique Luxury Collection. Renovations to each room begin this fall into winter 2014. I hope they keep the charm but the upgrades will be gorgeous I am sure! Each room is different and unique. I love having grounds to walk around on, rather than taking an elevator up to bed. The Kiva Fireplaces set with Pinon Firewood sets the tone for New Mexico. The patio dining is delightful, the Sculptures in the garden and fountain sound is soothing and the decor very "Santa Fe." I was there to celebrate a birthday and the entire Staff from top management, to Housekeeping, could not have been nicer. You are walking distance, a few blocks, from the center of town. Or you can request a ride in their Property SUV with Driver who can run you on an errand, or take you across town. Free hot Starbucks Coffee is in the lobby in the morning, and the Iced Mint and/ or Lemon Water is available all day. Art Talks and Wine and Cheese Tastings happen in the lobby some days, and live musicians play on the patio some evenings. The Spa is peaceful and relaxing and the gym small, but clean. You spend you time enjoying the many sights, galleries, Day Trips and outdoor activities but at the end of the day, it is nice to come back to your home away from home - Santa Fe style. If you are a Starwood Preferred Guest be sure to let them know and keep track of the rooms you have loved. And ask about the history of La Posada. It has been a gem for many years. I look forward to my next stay. Thank you.

Room Tip: Each room is different. With the renovations this fall I cannot comment as the upgrades will be stun...
Dear Jen C,

Thank you for the wonderful review and the 40 years of loyalty to the hotel. Your review brought back memories of the places I have gone over the years and how much they impacted me. I look forward to being able to show off our new renovation and look forward to having you back for your 41st trip.

Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2014

La Posada is in a great location in Santa Fe with wonderful grounds. Quaint would be the most appropriate term. The hotel is nice, but dated. It is in need of renovation. With a big group attending, we found many rooms with worn carpets, broken hinges on cabinets and water problems. On the other hand, the location is great and many rooms have been updated with new expanded bathrooms.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Janie23903,

Thank you for the time to do a review. As you saw we have many different types of rooms on the property, 138 different layouts for 157 rooms to be exact. We are in the process of renovations and I look forward to being able to show off the new product when you return. I like your term for the property, Tranquility. That is how I fell when I get out and enjoy our grounds.

Look forward to your return.

Ben Tutt

Been to La Posada de Santa Fe, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!