I am a frequent guest at La Posada, which I love because of its location and overall feeling. The staff is helpful, friendly and professional. The restaurant Fuego is fairly good and the bar is one of the best known bars in town.
The hotel is a few blocks from the Plaza, in a fairly quiet area across some art galleries. The rooms are all different and...... that is part of the problem. It could be a hit and miss.The price you pay for a room will not guarantee what you get, so be prepared to avoid being disappointed. I have stayed in some very lovely rooms and some other ones that are way too spartan and small. Because all the rooms are "casitas" detached front the main area of the hotel, the weather can contribute to how you feel about your overall stay. Parking is an issue and the Valet is notoriously slow. Make sure you get all your luggage out of the car when you check in, or you will find yourself waiting up to 30 minutes for the Valet to bring your car back afterwards.
The Bar is a great bar but it could be an awesome place to hang out if they would update their sound system and make the lighting a bit more intimate. The overall ambience needs to be improved. There is artwork everywhere but whether you like it or not will depend on your taste. For the last two years they seem to be stuck in some kind of "farm theme" and personally, I am getting a little tired of the cows and bunny paintings everywhere.
The grounds are beautiful and well maintained.
The hotel was recently acquired by Starwood and joined the Luxury Collection. It has a long way to go to become a true "luxury" property, but the future looks bright!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- La Posada de Santa Fe, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa, is affiliated with Starwood Hotels and Resorts and participates in the SPG loyalty program. "The Art Hotel of Santa Fe", is a historic property and the only resort downtown. Nestled on six acres in the heart of Santa Fe, just steps from the historic Plaza and Canyon Road, La Posada is the ultimate destination for leisure and business travel with exquisite indoor and outdoor venues for groups, meetings, weddings, and social events. Discover a captivating blend of adobe-style architecture and local artwork, a year-round outdoor pool, exceptional spa, award-winning cuisine and genuine hospitality from our seasoned professionals. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, Priceline, Starwood, getaroom.com, Travelocity, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Tingo and Jetsetter so you can book your La Posada de Santa Fe, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Posada De Santa Fe Hotel Santa Fe
- La Posada De Santa Fe Resort And Spa