My husband and I stayed at La Posada to celebrate his 60th birthday in June 2014. The best part of our stay there was the staff. They are extremely nice, friendly, and helpful, and even wrote my husband a birthday card and delivered a bottle of wine and chocolate-covered strawberries as a gift. The grounds are lovely, however, certain areas are in need of more diligent maintenance. The second room we were booked into (more about that in a minute) had a back door that opened onto a courtyard shared by 4 other rooms. The courtyard was full of weeds, and the tables and chairs out there were dirty, as if we were not expected to even look out there, let alone spend any time out there (which we wanted to do and did, after cleaning the table ourselves and ignoring the weeds). Also the windows in our room were dirty and the floor quite uneven (which is understandable for an old adobe structure, but it needs to be attended to). The room was nicely appointed, clean, and comfortable. Comfortable bed, lots of nice fluffy towels.
We asked to be moved from our first room because it was small and dark, and the bathroom had a strong musty moldy smell. The staff was very gracious about accommodating our request and moved us to a nicer suite for no extra charge. Both rooms, however, were back behind the meeting rooms (the 200 series rooms) where the maids store their carts, and in the morning we had to wend our way through the ugly carts and chatting maids to get anywhere else on the property. Definitely a buzz killer.
The pool is saline rather than chlorine, which is nice, but the pool is rather small. The pool attendant must be the hardest working woman in Santa Fe. She is like the Energizer Bunny -- always on the go, keeping track of everyone (and there were lots of people there) and anticipating our needs for drinking water. She was constantly bringing everyone cups of ice water and refilling our cups. Again, very cheerful and friendly. The showers on the women's side of the spa need to be replaced. They just don't work well. My husband booked a massage at the spa and raved about it.
We had two lovely breakfasts (good food) on the pleasant dining patio. The lobby and common rooms are filled with the worst art (although I hear it is to some people's taste).
Before we arrived we had an issue with the accounting department because our credit card was charged twice for different amounts for our deposit. It took several days of phone calls and emails to sort it all out because there was only one person in that department who could help us. I think she might be overworked.
Overall our stay at La Posada was pleasant, and I would stay there again. The location is very convenient for walking into and around the heart of Santa Fe, yet because of the lovely grounds, the property feels secluded. Also it is very quiet. And dog friendly!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- La Posada de Santa Fe, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa, is affiliated with Starwood Hotels and Resorts and participates in the SPG loyalty program. "The Art Hotel of Santa Fe", is a historic property and the only resort downtown. Nestled on six acres in the heart of Santa Fe, just steps from the historic Plaza and Canyon Road, La Posada is the ultimate destination for leisure and business travel with exquisite indoor and outdoor venues for groups, meetings, weddings, and social events. Discover a captivating blend of adobe-style architecture and local artwork, a year-round outdoor pool, exceptional spa, award-winning cuisine and genuine hospitality from our seasoned professionals. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, getaroom.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Tingo and Jetsetter so you can book your La Posada de Santa Fe, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Posada De Santa Fe Hotel Santa Fe
- La Posada De Santa Fe Resort And Spa