Just finished up a stay at La Posada. We have great friends that stay here and it was a wonderful recommendation. Would stay here again based on the location being a block off canyon drive for the galleries and a block from the plaza. You don't get plaza noise and feel very secluded yet close! Grounds are very lovely as well.
Jennifer at the pool was amazing. We arrived and she had waters all ready and filled them before even empty. She hustled to get drinks. Get the mango piña colada!! One tip is to get there before noon as there are probably only 20 or so lounge chairs. Small area but perfect for relaxing. Service great at the pool.
Our main issues were around check in and the room. Seems others have mentioned this in their reviews since Starwood took over this year. We arrived at 4 and the room was not ready. First person said she would just call us because it shouldn't be too long and we were offered a first round if drinks on them. An hour went by, still no call. Went back spoke with a second check in gal who promptly upgraded us saying she hated making people wait. So that was nice! Ended up in a king suite with fireplace. Room very spacious and clean, although tiny bathroom where only one person could fit at a time. We also went to wrong room at first bc key card packet said 233, but really it was 223. Just a quick fix, but sort of showed they were rushing through. Second day water wasn't working. By the time we came back from pool it was on, but we had to run it a bit as it came out brown!! Ugh. No communication from the hotel on it to us. We took these things in stride as we were on vacation with friends without kids! But a little sloppy considering the overall quality of the hotel. Room tip..they are all different. Next time I would ask for second floor room as we were on first floor and heard every creak and squeak of the people walking above.
Afternoon art walk and wine and food hospitality great! We would definitely come back here assuming that after some time with new ownership they will work out room situations.
Also, eat at the Shed and Cafe Pasquale. Both excellent!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- La Posada de Santa Fe, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa, is affiliated with Starwood Hotels and Resorts and participates in the SPG loyalty program. "The Art Hotel of Santa Fe", is a historic property and the only resort downtown. Nestled on six acres in the heart of Santa Fe, just steps from the historic Plaza and Canyon Road, La Posada is the ultimate destination for leisure and business travel with exquisite indoor and outdoor venues for groups, meetings, weddings, and social events. Discover a captivating blend of adobe-style architecture and local artwork, a year-round outdoor pool, exceptional spa, award-winning cuisine and genuine hospitality from our seasoned professionals. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, Priceline, Starwood, getaroom.com, Travelocity, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Jetsetter and Tingo so you can book your La Posada de Santa Fe, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Posada De Santa Fe Hotel Santa Fe
- La Posada De Santa Fe Resort And Spa