“Beautiful Property & Great Location” 4 of 5 stars
Review of La Posada de Santa Fe, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa

Save Saved
You added La Posada de Santa Fe, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa to your Saves list
La Posada de Santa Fe, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   330 East Palace Ave., Santa Fe, NM 87501   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #32 of 60 Hotels in Santa Fe
Chicago
“Beautiful Property & Great Location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2014

This hotel recently became a starwood property which my husband and I were excited about since he travels for work and has status.

The property was gorgeous and set in a great location where you are only a short walk into the heart of Santa Fe and close to Canyon Road.

The room could have been cleaner as the couch looked like it had stains and there was a spider web in the shower that stayed put our entire visit. It was cool that each room is it's own pueblo vs. the traditional hotel feel.

We sat outside and ordered a glass of wine and desert at Fuego, their on-site restaurant and I wasn't impressed with the service.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
BenTutt, General Manager at La Posada de Santa Fe, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa, responded to this review, June 13, 2014
Dear Maryann G,

Thank you for the time to do a review. I appreciate the acknowledgement of the property. If you do have time I would love to speak with you directly as I'm not sure what room your were in and I'd like to make sure we get the couch cleaned.

505-954-9610

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (170)
Fort Worth, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2014

This Place is amazing! growing up in west texas my family use to come to santa fe all the time, we frequented La fonda most times or the Loretta, but i remember seeing this gated hotel that looked enchanting but never knew what it was. My boyfriend who had never been to santa fe always remembered my stories about this really cool place, determined to find it he was and wow what a amazing hotel! so now every year in June to get away form the hustle and bustle of the DFW we come! the grounds our mesmerizing and the service is fantastic! We both work in customer service and are graded on monthly so I can attest that the red carpet service that La posada gives is truly the best out there! I can see why so many people choose to come here! This is the only place I recommend and cant wait to be there in 3 weeks !

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Christina P.

Thanks for the great review. We look forward to having you back. If I can do anything at all to help with you next trip please feel free to give me a call directly. Always helps to have the GM in your corner.

Ben Tutt 505-954-9610
Vail, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2014 via mobile

Amazing property! Such a perfect location! Staff made us feel right at home with our dogs, and made sure we were happy with accommodations. We booked a couple of massages and the spa staff is wonderful! We will be back!

• Stayed June 2014
Dear Merrill L,

Appreciate the great review. I'm so glad that you had such a good time away. Your from one of my old homes in Vail. I still have a place there and know how nice it is to get out of town after season. I do have to say I'm jealous of the snow you got this year.

Look forward to your next trip.

Danville, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2014

I agree, a great location and staff are friendly and helpful. This was the suggested stay for a family wedding and I will say it was definitely more than I would normally pay for a hotel, but a special occasion is just that. I was disappointed in my room, for the price I expected way more than I got. My room was waaayy in the back - quite a walk from the main lobby. I was shocked at the size! I had a King bed, but it would not be a stretch to say that I would have to open the door and jump on the bed to get to the bathroom. A very small room indeed. I asked to move the next morning and was accommodated immediately. I do have to say that the staff was prompt and efficient in responding to any requests that I made. I was shown a new room (much bigger)and the staff moved my belongings as I had events to attend. I needed some alterations to a dress and was directed to someone within minutes of asking and alterations performed overnight. I can say that the staff made this stay pleasant for me.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Dear KandKevents,

Thank you for the time to do a review. I appreciate the great acknowledgement of the team here at the hotel. As a resort started in the 1930's we have over 130 different styles of rooms. I always encourage people to let us know if there is anything they don't like about their rooms as we literally have the perfect room for any desire. I'm glad to hear you got into a room that you enjoyed.

When you come again just let me know and we will get your into the room you enjoyed.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2014

Overall this resort is nicely landscaped and beautifully situated on a large property. The staff are friendly and generally helpful. The rooms are comfortable and unique. I was in town for a conference hosted at this resort. The food was delicious and the snacks were also good. There were many logistical issues such as setting up a cash bar when it was supposed to be an open bar, regularly running out of coffee and hot water, charging for parking and the resort fee when those things were supposed to be master billed. The check in process is unecessarily inefficient. Small desks with individual clerks assist through the process when I would prefer the efficiency of a regular front desk. Signage to rooms could be better. The bed was very comfortable and the amenities were nice, but everything should have been exceptional given the cost.

Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
BenTutt, General Manager at La Posada de Santa Fe, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa, responded to this review, June 2, 2014
Dear Btailon,

Thank you for the time to do a review and the feedback on the stay. I'm glad your overall experience was a good one and that you enjoyed the hotel. I appreciate the feedback on the other items as we use this feedback to focus an training and service at the hotel. If I can ever be of assistance in the future please let me know.

Albuquerque, New Mexico
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

Great location and lots of potential if you like historical hotels but this was just not for me. My room was in need of updating and it did not have any of the cool things (like a nice patio) that others have referenced. Here are the problems I had during my stay: there was no water in the room (I had to call); I could not open the window - I called twice and no one ever came to get it open for me - so no fresh air; a maintenance guy came to my room twice while I was trying to nap (this is before I realized I needed help getting the window opened) - the first time he came he needed to install a smoke detector in my bathroom and then an hour later he came back because he needed to take a picture of what he installed; the shade in the bathroom did not cover the entire window and someone could easily look inside and see me in the shower - not that anyone would want to do this but they COULD and it made me uncomfortable. Other areas of the hotel had upgraded rooms but not mine - also, I was given a handicapped room - I did not ask for one and I was not told that I was getting one - seems like it would have been appropriate to tell me. Too many issues for me to recommend this place. Sorry...

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
BenTutt, General Manager at La Posada de Santa Fe, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa, responded to this review, May 31, 2014
Dear Gratefulrich,

Thank you for the time to do a review. My apologies for the issues during your stay. As we went through our transition we had to upgrade some items in the rooms and get new supplies. Part of this was the alarms, window locks, and changing out of waters. I regret that this impacted you. I would like the opportunity to make it up to you and get you back to the hotel to see the improvements.

505-954-9610
Grapevine, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2014

Admittedly, we were sent over to the La Posada by the Loretto Inn after the Loretto made a booking mistake. They paid for our night here so I should not have anything to complain about but here goes. We had to wait a long time for our room to be ready so we went to the Plaza and shopped giving the staff a full extra hour past when they said our room should be ready. Upon our return, it was still not ready. They said it was clean but had not been inspected. They were serving complimentary wine and appetizers so it made the wait a little less annoying. Once we were given our room, we began the walk to it. These rooms are more like cabins. The property is attractive with nice foliage Ours was located at the very back of the property which turns out to be adjacent to a street--which meant traffic noises. The room was fine. We had been told by the Loretto staff that it was the preferred hotel in Santa Fe by celebrities. That must be a joke. Once we turned on the air conditioner, we were able to drown out the street noises. The bed and bath were comfortable and clean. We slept well, but the extra 2 or 3 blocks from the plaza made it inconvenient. We moved back to the Loretto on Saturday morning. I only gave it a 3 because the staff that works there is very nice.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
BenTutt, General Manager at La Posada de Santa Fe, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa, responded to this review, May 24, 2014
Dear janrichwil,

I appreciate the time you took to do a review. Thank you for the acknowledgement of the staff. I apologize for the delay in the check in process but I'm glad you got to enjoy some wine and appetizers. If there is anything we can do for you in the future please let us know.

Ben Tutt

Been to La Posada de Santa Fe, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!