“A Star That Is Getting Some New Shine” 4 of 5 stars
Review of La Posada de Santa Fe, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa

You added La Posada de Santa Fe, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa to your Saves list
La Posada de Santa Fe, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   330 East Palace Ave., Santa Fe, NM 87501   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #33 of 60 Hotels in Santa Fe
Calgary, Canada
“A Star That Is Getting Some New Shine”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2014

La Posada is literally a terrific resort hotel. Every room is a bit different, some with fireplaces, some with patios and all are very cozy and comfortable. There is a nice pool, a very good spa, and the bellmen and staff are very friendly and helpful.

The place is beautifully designed, but it is obvious that it has been neglected. From paint, to carpets, the chairs in the lounge etc., all are just a bit tired and worn. That is why it was so great to see workmen all over the place. They are fixing, repairing, painting and cleaning. If you are staying there after June of 2014, you will be staying in a Starwood Hotel, and my guess is that it will be excellent. Staff are getting trained, uniforms are being replaced along with towels, sheets, carpet etc. if all goes as planned, then I believe this will be not just a very good hotel, it will be an excellent hotel.

Room Tip: Some rooms face the traffic, not a big issues but one you may want to avoid.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (192)
Atlanta
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014

I liked this hotel. The staff could not have been nicer. They call you by name--the "car men" were so helpful. They have a courtesy van that will take you in town. This is out a bit from the square but certainly in walking distance. The rooms are spread around the 6 acres(I think)with a free small gym and then a spa. My first room had a small patio and a fireplace and a very large inclosed area shared by several rooms--great value. My next room(stayed in several hotels)was small but all I needed. So there is a big difference in the rooms. There is dining on a lovely outdoor area. I did not have rain but you will have to walk outside to get to your room. While I was there in April the price was excellent. There was turndown service and two small mints(nothing at the Eldorado)

Room Tip: You do need to ask as the rooms do vary in size.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
Green Valley, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2014

This lovely and historical building is lovely. I really wanted to give it four stars & would have done so. However, it is sadly lacking in updates. Our room, #146, was lovely but was in desperate need of an upgrade. The staff was outstanding & accommodating. The art throughout was a truly fun adventure & Sara Eyestone, art curator, was outstanding. I sure hope she remains on staff when the transition to a Starwood property is completed. Unfortunately, I left to rather minor things behind (a CPAP cord & a memory foam pillow). I called immediately; called again the next day. It's now close to two weeks & not even a common courtesy call. didn't expect to get the items back & it's a minor financial matter but the lack of response was surprising. I'd still go back though. Spring in Santa Fe; trees in bloom and snow on the ground one day!

Room Tip: We were in a casita and loved it! complete with a wood burning fireplace which was wonderful except...
Amarillo, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2014

A beautiful, old, historically rich place to stay. Very romantic and close to the Plaza. The staff is friendly and helpful. The spa treatments were great. I had the Osmosis facial and a pedicure. The grounds are just gorgeous. Springtime is a good time to visit Santa Fe. Our room was comfortable and clean. There was a good amount of construction taking place and some noise and construction debris, but it did not detract from our visit. The outdoor pool needed to be cleaned more often. We chose La Posada because of the outdoor pool and hot tub and would have liked it much more if the pool had been taken care of while we were there. Stay here if you get a chance. Your stay will be memorable.

Room Tip: Pick a suite close to the Fuego patio. The gardens are beautiful.
Fort Worth, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2014

My rating is actually 4 & 1/2 stars. We booked a standard king room but asked for a gas fireplace upon arrival & were upgraded to a Spa King room. Absolutely lovey, spacious, comfortable room with a balcony & view of the grounds. Very nice large bathroom with double sinks & separate shower.

The grounds were beautiful with foilage & interesting architecture at every turn. Had it been just a little warmer outside, we would have taken advantage of the wonderful courtyard/patio area for food and drinks.

The staff at the hotel/resort was very friendly and attentive. The extra touches provided by the hotel made it very warm & inviting, such as the evening wine/appetizer reception. The valet service was very fast & convenient. And shuttle service provided to wherever we wanted to go was very efficient. They treated us like first class.

The on-site restaurant, Fuego, was excellent with a wonderful atmosphere. We had dinner once & breakfast twice. Except for my one dinner (which was my fault for ordering wrong), the food was absolutely delicious. Especially the breakfast entrees, such as Huevos Rancheros. Very gourmet. The service was excellent as well.

There were just a few minor problems in the room, such as the safe not locking and both the clocks having the wrong time & not able to change them. At check-out, we were delayed by having to wait for an attendant as one was busy and the other took a phone call instead of helping us.

But overall, we were extremely pleased with this lovely hotel/resort and would not hesitate to go back. In fact, we are looking forward to it.

Room Tip: A Spa room is well worth the extra money.
Milpitas, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2014

I so desperately want to give them more then 3 stars. The resort is beautiful. Everyone we met was so friendly and kind. Everyone was so happy and smiled whenever you saw them. The rooms were nice and clean keeping with the tradition of the region. The spa was great, very clean and quiet. The concierge the desk staff everyone was great. We want to particularly acknowledge, Tom and Nancy at the concierge desk, Unique at the registration desk, Alley in the spa who does an amazing pedicure, Ibrahim who does a world class thai massage and the two esthetcians who did our facials.
Okay so here's where the stars come off. The bathroom was too small. Our room could sleep 4 people, no way 4 people could use that bathroom, there were two of us an it was cramped. The bed and pillows are too soft. I woke the first morning with a kink in my neck. I used the decorative pillows to sleep on because they were firmer. The food at the restaurant, specifically the bar was less then great. We ordered cocktails with the hummus and it was sour. We had the truffle fries which were good but the dipping sauce was okay at best. When we checked in they had no spa menus at the front desk. The reason, they have been acquired by starwood properties and so they are waiting for the new menus. Ask me if I care. My mom spent almost $1500 for 2 nights, get me a spa menu. We had called weeks earlier to book our appointments and they said no need to rush and book, its our slow season. But when we got to the resort and the spa availability was limited. Sue Ann and Andrea did the best they could to accommodate us and I can't say we missed anything. It was just a little more difficult then it needed to be. The furniture in the spa is old you can see the leather chairs coming apart at the seams. We spent some time at the pool which appeared to be clean, etc...The bar at the pool was closed. I walked to the lobby to ask for a server to come out. It took about 30 minutes. This happened twice. The spa assistant who moves the laundry and brings in new linens checked in on us at the pool twice but no one else. Can you imagine how much more they would have made on us if they came around more often? Okay one final thing. We had a 2 nights with 3 spa treatments each for two people. At check out when I looked at the folio, out bill was over $900. When I went over it line by line it ended up coming down to $300 which made more sense. So here's my question, if we hadn't been diligent in reviewing the bill would we have over paid? I am sorry to think I may know the answer to that question. Overall, the location and the people that work there are terrific!! But man they could do some things a little better. My mom and I had a terrific time together.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Sugar Land, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2014

We love La Posada. There were a couple of problems the day we checked in with our room. They called us and asked if we'd like to move to a suite. Oh my it was wonderful. It made our entire trip. This was not our first stay at La Posada we've been there 5 times. We love the grounds, the original house and the staff. We will be back!

Room Tip: Always choose a room away from the street. We prefer upstairs to downstairs. Stay in a newer sectio...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to La Posada de Santa Fe, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!