My rating is actually 4 & 1/2 stars. We booked a standard king room but asked for a gas fireplace upon arrival & were upgraded to a Spa King room. Absolutely lovey, spacious, comfortable room with a balcony & view of the grounds. Very nice large bathroom with double sinks & separate shower.
The grounds were beautiful with foilage & interesting architecture at every turn. Had it been just a little warmer outside, we would have taken advantage of the wonderful courtyard/patio area for food and drinks.
The staff at the hotel/resort was very friendly and attentive. The extra touches provided by the hotel made it very warm & inviting, such as the evening wine/appetizer reception. The valet service was very fast & convenient. And shuttle service provided to wherever we wanted to go was very efficient. They treated us like first class.
The on-site restaurant, Fuego, was excellent with a wonderful atmosphere. We had dinner once & breakfast twice. Except for my one dinner (which was my fault for ordering wrong), the food was absolutely delicious. Especially the breakfast entrees, such as Huevos Rancheros. Very gourmet. The service was excellent as well.
There were just a few minor problems in the room, such as the safe not locking and both the clocks having the wrong time & not able to change them. At check-out, we were delayed by having to wait for an attendant as one was busy and the other took a phone call instead of helping us.
But overall, we were extremely pleased with this lovely hotel/resort and would not hesitate to go back. In fact, we are looking forward to it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- La Posada de Santa Fe, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa, is affiliated with Starwood Hotels and Resorts and participates in the SPG loyalty program. "The Art Hotel of Santa Fe", is a historic property and the only resort downtown. Nestled on six acres in the heart of Santa Fe, just steps from the historic Plaza and Canyon Road, La Posada is the ultimate destination for leisure and business travel with exquisite indoor and outdoor venues for groups, meetings, weddings, and social events. Discover a captivating blend of adobe-style architecture and local artwork, a year-round outdoor pool, exceptional spa, award-winning cuisine and genuine hospitality from our seasoned professionals. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Starwood, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Tingo and Jetsetter so you can book your La Posada de Santa Fe, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Posada De Santa Fe Hotel Santa Fe
- La Posada De Santa Fe Resort And Spa