“Location Has Its Advantages” 4 of 5 stars
Review of La Posada de Santa Fe, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa

Save Saved
You added La Posada de Santa Fe, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa to your Saves list
La Posada de Santa Fe, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   330 East Palace Ave., Santa Fe, NM 87501   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #32 of 60 Hotels in Santa Fe
New Mexico
“Location Has Its Advantages”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2014

I recently stayed at La Posada Hotel and Spa in Santa Fe, just for an overnight on business. I have frequested their Staab Lounge many times but never stayed over. We were given incorrect directions to the room, but the check-in guy realized his mistake and chased after us to show us the way. We got room 249, which was up one flight of steep stairs. The outside door had been left open and sticks and leaves had gathered in the doorway-a natural touch- but in a bad way. The room was large and well-appointed, but it lacked the comfort and ambiance anticipated. There were cracks in the walls, uneven flooring, the wood window seal was cracked and rotting. BUT, the location is great, just steps to the center of the Historic Town and close walking to just about everything.

When checking out I called ahead to have my bags brought down, so I could dash to a meeting. I waited 20 minutes and asked 2 staff to try and locate where they were. Finally I got someone to go look for them. They finally showed up on the curb- unattended-end of story.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the ground floor.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (170)
Houston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2014

Outstanding casual low-profile hotel just 2 blocks off the square in Santa Fe. Spacious grounds with comfortable patio areas, walking distance to restaurants and the galleries on Canyon Road. Staff and service are excellent; restaurant very good. The rooms are spread out in one-story casitas across the hotel grounds. Rooms are smallish and reminiscent of "Route 66" motels, but clean and charming. If in winter ask for a room with a fireplace; you can stock up on pinion firewood in the lobby, or ask the staff to deliver an armload to you. Spa on premises which we did not use, but said to be good. Rates are reasonable compared to other Santa Fe options in the same vicinity. Will definitely return.

Room Tip: If in winter, ask for a room with a fireplace.
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2014

I stayed at La Posada for businesses twice before I had a chance to eat in its restaurant or enjoy its amenities. What a surprise and a disappointment that I had not taken the time on my previous trips. Each of the rooms or "casitas" is a bit different in layout, some having an adobe fireplace (see photo). Comfortable southwest furniture and appointments. Of most interest is the art work rotated periodically that adorns the lobby, restaurant, lounges and meeting rooms. Local artists display large and small colorful oils many of which are too expensive for my budget but a pleasure to look at. Staying at La Posada in December - Spending time in the main building (restaurant, lounge, meeting rooms etc.) was a festival to the eyes. Tastefully decorated for the holidays and the marvelous artwork made it difficult to want to leave the hotel to try other restaurants in Santa Fe. Customer service is great When I told the manager that my husband would be joining me the following night and that it was his birthday - we found, upon his arrival, a bottle of wine, with a plate of cheese, grapes and crackers in our room with a happy birthday note from the management. La Posada has a Spa. Because of the altitude both my husband and I had an "oxygen treatment" there which helped us feel more energetic for the remaining few days we would be in Santa Fe. One thing that was a bit different from other hotels - because the casitas are spread out and there is limited parking except for about 20 spaces near the main building - upon check in a valet takes your car to a central parking area and you walk to your rooms. A small hotel, this is not a burden and the staff helps with the luggage.

Room Tip: If you have trouble walking, ask for a room near the entrance of the main building.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Bethany, Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2014

“Please be advised that it is not often that I feel compelled to comment on any service for which I have contracted, however there are exceptions.

Good service is expected, however all too often the only comment an employer hears from the field are complaints about his employees or lack of comfort.

It was apparent from the outset that your resort’s reputation did in fact speak for itself. You see, La Posada came highly recommended to us by a number of people.

I would like to end this short note formally thanking you for a job well done. My wife and I were very impressed with the service rendered by your company, and we wish to assure you that we will not hesitate to recommend La Posada anyone who may require a relaxing vacation, and would like to be treated like a King & Queen.

Your spa was a 5 star treatment, Thank you!

Room Tip: Large room with fireplace.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2014

I can't say enough about how happy we were to stay with La Posada. The grounds and rooms were delightful and the staff was incredibly friendly. Everything about our experience was perfect. We will stay at La Posada again!

Room Tip: Ask for extra kindling to start your fireplace
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2014 via mobile

This was our third trip to Santa Fe. We normally rent a home but chose to rent something near the plaza. The location of the property can't be beat. About 3 blocks to Canyon Road and 3 blocks to the plaza. You literally never need your car. The best thing was the service, they made an error when they gave us our rooms. They immediately upgraded us to better rooms, sent us sparkling apple cider, chocolate cover strawberries and a hand written note from Tracey Baca. I can not wait to return!

Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
College Station, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2014

I was told this place would be nice. Meh. The bed is comfortable, but the room is a little dated. While I like rustic, I hate faux rustic. Bathroom is small. And this place just seems fake. It feels a little like some 75 year old heavily tanned woman trying botox to look nice. Just does not work.

The grounds are nice. Service is so so. I asked for a silent room, was placed in the bottom floor (high heels above) next to a room with a yapping dog. Immediately asked to be placed in another room, which happened promptly.

Nuisance: All cars must be valet parked. I just hate having to wait every time. No, I am not coming back, unless it is free of charge, like in this business trip.

Room Tip: get a room in the upper floors, or a room on the ground floor that has no second floor on top. it wi...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business

Been to La Posada de Santa Fe, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!