“Nickel and dime is the name of the game” 3 of 5 stars
Review of La Posada de Santa Fe, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa

You added La Posada de Santa Fe, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa to your Saves list
La Posada de Santa Fe, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   330 East Palace Ave., Santa Fe, NM 87501   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #33 of 60 Hotels in Santa Fe
“Nickel and dime is the name of the game”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2014

Found a decent rate online last minute, and actually liked the king room with fireplace and patio that we ended up getting. Problem was all of the extras that were added without our prior knowledge including a hefty daily resort fee, valet parking fee, high automatic tips (19%) for things like a bottle of wine, etc. Be careful because you'll end up spending more than you initially think. Also, maid service did not replenish soap/shampoos between nights. Also have heard that not all the rooms are as well maintained as others. Staff were all friendly though. Well located between canyon road and the central plaza. Would perhaps consider staying here again?

• Stayed January 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (193)
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2014

We attended a wedding so here so can only comment on that, as we did not see the rooms or experience any of the other amenities.

My girlfriend and came to a wedding here summer 13'. I am just now catching up on my reviews. The venue was amazing, all of the staff wonderful, and weather to die for. This is just to let anybody thinking about planning a wedding here, you won't be disappointed... We also attended a morning after brunch that was very nice.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2014

I met my mom here for a long weekend and we have enjoyed every minute. The room was spacious and comfortable. The art, decor, and furnishings in the common spaces throughout the hotel were exceptional. The curator has done an amazing job collecting quality art pieces that compliment the historic mansion, but also create such charm and accessibility to make it feel like your living room. We could have stayed for hours in front of the fire and in the small sitting rooms, and we did! The Friday night appetizers and art tour with the curator was amazing. Not to be missed. The spa treatments were very well done (though expensive but probably comparable to other spa prices in town). Most of the service was very good and friendly. The shuttle service around town was a fantastic addition. A minor comment is that some of the staff upon arrival and departure seemed to lack experience. For example, it would have been nice to have been shown to our room since the layout is not easy. Also, when trying to get help calling for an airport shuttle, the receptionist staff seemed confused. One other minor comment is that the showers are only so-so. Other than those minor things that can be fixed with some attention, the hotel as a whole was an A plus and made our visit to Santa Fe extremely memorable and special. We will definitely be back and look forward to it.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Tucson, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2014

We were only able to spend one night at this charming hotel in Santa Fe so we did not really mind that the room was very small, as some other reviewers have mentioned. The fireplace made the room cozy and snug. The hotel accommodated our dog (for a fee) and having the crate in the room made for even less room but still we were very happy to enjoy the New Mexico hacienda flavor of this hotel. We had very good breakfast in the dinning room and the bar looked wonderful. I especially liked the many lovely paintings by local artists that were displayed for sale on the walls in the main building. It was wonderful to see a business supporting the excellent local artists in this way. I understand that the paintings are changed on a regular basis.
I carelessly left a small toiletry bag hanging on the back of the bathroom door when we checked out. I realized it several hours later when we were quite a ways away and called immediately. The call was handled very graciously and the woman said it had not been turned in but she would look for it. I left my number and received a call back from her several hours later to say it had not been found. I continued to call daily for five days before deciding that it was a lost cause. On the sixth day the hotel called to say they had the bag and, as I asked, they sent it to me right way. I am not sure why it took so long to find it but I was impressed that the people I dealt with were so willing to help and that when they found it they took the initiative to call me. I would definitely recommend this hotel if you are after an 'old Santa Fe' experience. They do have larger suites, of course. It may not be for those who want a sleek, modern style room.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a fireplace for a cozy experience...winters can be cold in Santa Fe. If you nee...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Cleveland, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2014

We are 18 former neighbors who have been getting together for New Year's for the past 30 years. La Posada was the PERFECT
hotel/resort for our reunion this year. The hotel is within a few blocks of all the major tourist attractions in the city, especially The Plaza, with its Indian market, and Canyon Road, with art galleries galore. The rooms were perfect, especially ours, which was the suite where we all met for wine and cheese nightly before dinner. The Concierge was incredibly helpful in planning our group tours, as well as the shuttle to and from the Albuquerque airport. The Reservations staff gave us the best rates ever. The Art Curator presented an extremely informative talk on the hotel's history and a tour of the art collection, with information about the sale of artworks and the artists themselves. But the Crowning Glory was the SHUTTLE. Our party included 3 pre- and post- knee surgery members, and one woman on crutches. The drivers took them, and any others who wanted a ride, to and from dinner engagements, museums, shopping, and tourist attractions. Our stay was made infinitely more pleasant, and all of us were able to participate because of them. We would HIGHLY recommend La Posada for family and friends' gatherings, couples' vacations, and business stays. We hope to go back with our children and grandchldren to enjoy the summertime activities. [TripAdvisor: PLEASE SIGN ME "Joyce W."]

Room Tip: Every one of the 157 rooms is unique. There are many little Southwestern "casas/houses," w...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Denver, Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2014

We have stayed at this hotel for years with very good results until the last visit. Although the room was very nice ...as usual...the service was under par. Even though I had a letter from an assistance manager saying I would get a $100 credit for spa or restaurant usage...the manager person I spoke to at check out...refused to give me the credit saying it was a mistake. He took the letter so I have nothing to go back with but it left me with a very bad taste for e whole incident. We will be back to Sante Fe but will stay somewhere else.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
BenTutt, General Manager at La Posada de Santa Fe, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa, responded to this review, May 27, 2014
Dear Xbbuch,

Thank you for the time to do a tripadvisor. I wanted to update you on events at the hotel. We have changed ownership and have become part of the Luxury Collection with Starwood. This has included a significant investment in the property and additional renovation plans. I know you had challenges with this last visit but I would like to welcome you back to see the changes that have been made. I'd love to personally handle your reservation. Please feel free to reach out directly.

At your service,

Ben Tutt
505-954-9610
Woodbridge, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2014

The whole staff, from lobby to housekeeping, were excellent and so willing to please every guest, dogs included! The room had a divine bed and a wonderful bathroom. My dog was treated like a person with respect and kindness from every one of the employees.

Room Tip: Each room is different. My room was very comfortable and my brother and his wife's room was lar...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family

Been to La Posada de Santa Fe, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!