We were only able to spend one night at this charming hotel in Santa Fe so we did not really mind that the room was very small, as some other reviewers have mentioned. The fireplace made the room cozy and snug. The hotel accommodated our dog (for a fee) and having the crate in the room made for even less room but still we were very happy to enjoy the New Mexico hacienda flavor of this hotel. We had very good breakfast in the dinning room and the bar looked wonderful. I especially liked the many lovely paintings by local artists that were displayed for sale on the walls in the main building. It was wonderful to see a business supporting the excellent local artists in this way. I understand that the paintings are changed on a regular basis.
I carelessly left a small toiletry bag hanging on the back of the bathroom door when we checked out. I realized it several hours later when we were quite a ways away and called immediately. The call was handled very graciously and the woman said it had not been turned in but she would look for it. I left my number and received a call back from her several hours later to say it had not been found. I continued to call daily for five days before deciding that it was a lost cause. On the sixth day the hotel called to say they had the bag and, as I asked, they sent it to me right way. I am not sure why it took so long to find it but I was impressed that the people I dealt with were so willing to help and that when they found it they took the initiative to call me. I would definitely recommend this hotel if you are after an 'old Santa Fe' experience. They do have larger suites, of course. It may not be for those who want a sleek, modern style room.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- La Posada de Santa Fe, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa, is affiliated with Starwood Hotels and Resorts and participates in the SPG loyalty program. "The Art Hotel of Santa Fe", is a historic property and the only resort downtown. Nestled on six acres in the heart of Santa Fe, just steps from the historic Plaza and Canyon Road, La Posada is the ultimate destination for leisure and business travel with exquisite indoor and outdoor venues for groups, meetings, weddings, and social events. Discover a captivating blend of adobe-style architecture and local artwork, a year-round outdoor pool, exceptional spa, award-winning cuisine and genuine hospitality from our seasoned professionals. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, getaroom.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Tingo and Jetsetter so you can book your La Posada de Santa Fe, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Posada De Santa Fe Hotel Santa Fe
- La Posada De Santa Fe Resort And Spa