“Convenient location; great lobby bar” 4 of 5 stars

La Posada de Santa Fe Resort & Spa
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   330 East Palace Ave., Santa Fe, NM 87501   |
Ranked #22 of 59 hotels in Santa Fe
Paradise Valley
“Convenient location; great lobby bar”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

Upon check-in I immediately felt I was worlds away from any responsibilities. The warm tones, fireplaces, artwork, all were pleasant distractions. You can check in and walk right through to the Staab bar for a signature cocktail or settle in for smores. I would recommed this hotel for artlovers, people-watchers, lovers or friends. I wouldn't consider this a place for families with small children.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends

345 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (134)
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013

La Posada is the first choice. The attention to details, friendly staff and clean rooms are a stand out from most. You can walk anywhere, the plaza, to dinner, a hike along the Santa Fe river. The perfect escape!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Santa Fe, New Mexico, Usa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

I loved my stay at La Posada. The staff is extremely friendly and accommodating. They made me feel like they were there to carry out my every need, And they were! I would definitely recommend this hotel. One of the finest I have ever been to. Scott at the front desk was especially helpful. Thank you La Posada for the lovely visit. See you soon!

Room Tip: Ask for Scott when checking in he is excellent.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Seattle, WA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013

I stayed here on a business trip for a week. The grounds are lovely, but was impossible to find my room for the first few days. I appreciated the vegetarian friendly food, but it wasn't the tastiest food I've ever had. The conference staff were attentive, but the restaurant service was slow. Our room was large and clean, but nothing unique or interesting about it. I'm very glad we were paying a group rate and not full price. The spa looked like it was nice, but we were priced right out of going. The location is wonderful. Walking distance to the heart of tourist-ville. I think this resort would be a lovely splurge for a special event, though it is too expensive for what it is.

Room Tip: Upstair units at the back are large, but don't have interesting features like a fireplace or pat...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Oakland, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013

I had two stays at La Posada in a week in late September and early October, 2013. They bracketed a hiking trip I was on which began and ended in Santa Fe.

This is usually a pretty quiet time of year in the New Mexico capital. In September and October, we are past the Indian Market in mid-July and the Opera Season in late July & August. We are also before the winter attractions of Thanksgiving and Christmas, which bring large crowds to town. During my visit to the area the big attractions were the Aspens turning, splashing their festival yellow across the mountainsides, and the balloon festival in Albuquerque. (Some festival participants and visitors stay in Santa Fe as it is only an hour’s drive away.)

In both of my visits, I really had a good experience. La Posada is situated a couple blocks east and slightly uphill of the Santa Fe Plaza on East Palace Street, so access to the heart and soul of the town is almost right outside your door. One block toward the plaza from the hotel is the churchyard for St. Francis Cathedral, complete, on weekends, with a thriving artists market, echoing the same down the street at the Palace of the Governors, where each weekend (and to some degree during the week) local native crafters sell their silver, turquoise and other beautiful jewelry and art work. This is just one way of saying that La Posada is convenient to all the attractions downtown Santa Fe has to offer, from the outdoor vendors, to restaurants, to fine art galleries and much, much more.

La Posada also has plenty to offer on its own. The property itself is fairly small, but beautifully landscaped and both the rooms I stayed in were quiet and private. Great bathrooms! Cozy beds! I didn’t try the spa services on either stay, but heard from others that they were quite good. The fitness room was a bit cramped, but each time I used it I was the only person in the place. This may be attributable to the time of year.

The decor is “vintage” Santa Fe. The lobby and several portions of the main house (where reception, the bar and restaurant are located), were once part of an old hacienda (soaring ceilings and viga beaming, terra cotta tile flooring and leather furniture you can sink into). The place is filled with local art (for sale if you’re interested) and New Mexican charm. This older building surrounds a large patio, where al fresco dining is the norm, even in winter. The rooms are situated along winding paths that form a sort of outer circle meandering around the property. There are plenty of trees, which make the property (along with most of the historic area of Santa Fe) something of an oasis.

Other than a few breakfasts and one cocktail party, I did not dine at La Posada over the four combined nights I stayed there. LOVED their free coffee bar in the mornings, though. They offered real “Mayan” hot chocolate! Combine that with a bit of coffee and set yourself down by the large kiva-style fireplace in the lobby and you have something close to a perfect start to your day. While I was there, the nights were getting noticeably cooler and the mornings were quite crisp - perfect for this kind of start to the day’s activities.

Although I did not interact with a great number of the staff or personnel, all were unfailingly polite and knowledgeable about both the hotel complex and Historic Santa Fe. Great restaurant recommendations, clear instructions for walking pretty much all of the historic area from La Posada and a lot of patience made for very enjoyable exchanges whenever they occurred.

And although the gold (or should I say “turquoise”?) standard will always be La Fonda for me, I would not hesitate to suggest La Posada de Santa Fe as a quiet respite in the heart of Santa Fe.

Room Tip: If you want a nice room with a view of the grounds, sunset or dawn, ask for a room on one of the upp...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Albuquerque, New Mexico, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

We pulled up to the hotel and we were sooo excited to be there. It was our once a year outing for my birthday weekend with our children and our nephews. When we walked in the place looked beautiful until we went to check in. We walk to the front desk and were told that the rooms that I had ALREADY paid for were not available. (Not to mention that I had called an hour and a half earlier to confirm and to request a porta-crib.)They had over booked the hotel and we had been bumped! I couldn't believe it. As we were walking out and saying to my hubby that I was disgusted, another patron overheard me and said the same thing happened to her the night before! The manager said that he found some other rooms for us at another local hotel. We pile the kids back into the car only to go and find 2 rooms that do not have enough beds for all of us to sleep. The whole weekend was ruined and we had to pack crying kids into the car and drive back to Albuquerque. DON'T STAY HERE!!!!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Grand Island, Nebraska, Usa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

Seven years ago I traveled to Santa Fe on a solo vacation. I knew I would like it, but didn't know I would Love it. Staying at the La Posada de Santa Fe was a great choice then and was one of the aspects I was looking forward to experiencing again. I was not disappointed; the location, art, service, food, spa (although a little too expensive) room, history, ambiance etc were all fabulous and it will not be seven years before I return. Thank you, La Posada de Santa Fe, thank you.

Room Tip: The 19% gratuity at the spa is too much and can be lowered by the guest just by stating another amou...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo

Been to La Posada de Santa Fe Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!