We went to this resort for a wedding nearby. It is a well-kept, attractive place only a few blocks from town. It is an interesting town with no shortage of lovely things to purchase. In addition, at least while we were there in late August, local native Americans set up their wares in town. There was also an art show and a great fair going on. One more thing about the town - we didn't find one bad restaurant. We were pleased with every meal we purchased and the prices are better than in NY. As for the hotel, the room was decent size - not large. The only closet was in the bathroom. There is a fireplace. The room was clean but I was not impressed with housekeeping. There was supposed to be turn down service but of the 3 nights, that happened once (which we really don't care about anyway). Housekeeping arrived late. Once they came at 3:30 while we were changing for the wedding so we told them not to come in. Other people complained of the same thing - leaving their rooms in the morning and coming back at around 3 to relax at the pool and the room was still not made up. I liked the spa treatment I received and thought the treatment was very professionally done. In addition,they didn't push me to purchase anything at the end, which I find to be very unusual but refreshing. The spa treatment is not cheap but I enjoyed the spa. The pool was nice and the young woman in charge was wonderful and aware of everyone around. She brought over an ice water with lemon to every person who came in while she was also bartending. We only had breakfast here so I couldn't comment on the restaurants, but the breakfast was good and wasn't any more expensive than breakfast in town. The 2 concierges I spoke with were always warm and helpful. There is an SUV that will drive you to locations within 2 miles of the resort but there may be a wait at times but it is a nice convenience.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- La Posada de Santa Fe, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa, is affiliated with Starwood Hotels and Resorts and participates in the SPG loyalty program. "The Art Hotel of Santa Fe", is a historic property and the only resort downtown. Nestled on six acres in the heart of Santa Fe, just steps from the historic Plaza and Canyon Road, La Posada is the ultimate destination for leisure and business travel with exquisite indoor and outdoor venues for groups, meetings, weddings, and social events. Discover a captivating blend of adobe-style architecture and local artwork, a year-round outdoor pool, exceptional spa, award-winning cuisine and genuine hospitality from our seasoned professionals. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, Starwood, Orbitz, Priceline, getaroom.com, Hotels.com, Despegar.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Jetsetter and Tingo so you can book your La Posada de Santa Fe, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Posada De Santa Fe Hotel Santa Fe
- La Posada De Santa Fe Resort And Spa