“Lovely Place in a lovely city” 4 of 5 stars
Review of La Posada de Santa Fe, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa

You added La Posada de Santa Fe, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa to your Saves list
La Posada de Santa Fe, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   330 East Palace Ave., Santa Fe, NM 87501   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #32 of 60 Hotels in Santa Fe
Long Island, NY
“Lovely Place in a lovely city”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

We went to this resort for a wedding nearby. It is a well-kept, attractive place only a few blocks from town. It is an interesting town with no shortage of lovely things to purchase. In addition, at least while we were there in late August, local native Americans set up their wares in town. There was also an art show and a great fair going on. One more thing about the town - we didn't find one bad restaurant. We were pleased with every meal we purchased and the prices are better than in NY. As for the hotel, the room was decent size - not large. The only closet was in the bathroom. There is a fireplace. The room was clean but I was not impressed with housekeeping. There was supposed to be turn down service but of the 3 nights, that happened once (which we really don't care about anyway). Housekeeping arrived late. Once they came at 3:30 while we were changing for the wedding so we told them not to come in. Other people complained of the same thing - leaving their rooms in the morning and coming back at around 3 to relax at the pool and the room was still not made up. I liked the spa treatment I received and thought the treatment was very professionally done. In addition,they didn't push me to purchase anything at the end, which I find to be very unusual but refreshing. The spa treatment is not cheap but I enjoyed the spa. The pool was nice and the young woman in charge was wonderful and aware of everyone around. She brought over an ice water with lemon to every person who came in while she was also bartending. We only had breakfast here so I couldn't comment on the restaurants, but the breakfast was good and wasn't any more expensive than breakfast in town. The 2 concierges I spoke with were always warm and helpful. There is an SUV that will drive you to locations within 2 miles of the resort but there may be a wait at times but it is a nice convenience.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (198)
Albuquerque, New Mexico
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

We drove up for a quite weekend. The resort is located within walking distance from the plaza. The food was good. They have a nice salt water pool/hot tub. A few pool toy around for kids. Also they have a nice steam room.

The hotel room is okay. It is nothing more than average at best. THE BED IS THE WOREST BED I HAVE EVER SLEPT IN AT A "LUXURY HOTEL". At 400.00 a night with tax, will not return, just due to the actual mattress. We actually both woke up in the middle of the night sore and rolling around. The suite was nice size.

After such a pool night sleep, we did not hang around. We packed up and moved on down the road.

Room Tip: Ask where the new mattress are located
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Portland, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013

I go to Santa Fe for work a few times a year. I have tried several hotels there. La Posada is the one I tend to stay most.

It is a very nice property (spacious) and the common spaces have a lot of character. I like the curator/art scene. On the negative side, the standard rooms are super, super tiny. Also, the disappointment comes from pictures on the site and common areas that make the hotel look splendorous and then going to you room that is closet size.

Best of the hotel:
*Soup (from room service), tomatoe + basil + pinne nuts. Also, chocolate + churros from breakfast at Fuego.
*The art in the hotel.
*The grounds.

Suggestions for improvement:
*I don't like the whole car valet on top of the resort fee. I ended spending an extra $10/day on tips for the car pick up.
*Consider adding yourself to a mileage program (Starwood?). Most of us, frequent travelers like to collect miles.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Houston, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013

La Posada has a lot going for it....Good location; good food; beautiful grounds. It is a wonderful place to grab a (complimentary) coffee, the NY Times or the WSJ, and sit, sip, and read. The rooms are average.

However, on my most recent stay (I have stayed their 3 times), I have noticed that the service at the front desk is not what is used to be/should be. Perhaps it was because I booked the room via priceline, but the staff member checking us in was rather unfriendly. Perhaps it was just a long day, she had been dealing with lots of issues, etc., but it was not a great way to launch our stay.

Nonetheless, it is a pretty good hotel that has a lot going for it.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Santa Fe, New Mexico
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

I think this hotel can be overpriced, but the rooms are cozy and represent Santa Fe well. They aren't grand, but they're nice. The staff is nice and sometimes helpful, which isn't always easy to find in Santa Fe. Housekeeping was just okay. The restaurant is pretty good and most of the staff is good, but there is one lady on the wait staff who is not attentive and blamed all of the poor service on the cook and the hostess. The hostess wasn't consistently attentive. Some days, yes, some days, missing for long periods of time. The pool is basic, but clean. The spa is nice, although small. The steam room is a plus. The massage therapists are pretty good. There is one gentleman in the spa who is great with pedicures. You can dress casual or dress up. In general, Santa Fe is NOT a fashion mecca and is very casual. The hotel is unique, but not necessarily super upscale. More historic. The artwork in the hotel, in my opinion, is horrendous. Very cheesy and not high end. It doesn't represent elegance. I recommend the hotel, but check your room before you settle in because they aren't all nice. I don't know how it compares to others, but I have seen ONE room at La Fonda and it was nice. The La Fonda was too crowded for my tastes. Also, I would stay on an upper floor, so you don't have people walking above you. Also, there's a $30 hotel use fee. Be careful because if there's a wedding or event, some spots will be loud until about 11pm.

Room Tip: Try and get a room with a fireplace in the late fall and winter.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Santa Fe, New Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

From the parking attendants to the restaurant staff to the room and pool staff, the La Posada stands heads above anyone in Santa Fe.
We stayed two nights and by the time we departed we were greeted like "family" members by the parking staff and the restaurant people. They really made us feel at home and were very kind to our grandkids who always seemed to come up with something new for the staff. The staff always came through. This is a delightful home away from home that is very special.
Thank you La Posada!!

Room Tip: Weddings on the courtyard until 10pm on weekends, so be aware of the music.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
BenTutt, General Manager at La Posada de Santa Fe, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa, responded to this review, September 4, 2013
Dear JCH87506,

Thank you so much for the great review. It made my day. We focus our staff on being intimate and genuine in all there interactions. Additionally, one of our cornerstones of service is to have fun. I'm so glad that you experienced this while on site. I will be sure to share this with the team and thank them for the effort.

At your service,

Ben Tutt
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for 3 days and chose a king patio room.The property exudes the old world charm with duplex styled cottages sprawled all over.Our room was nice and big with a large patio.Staff were very courteous and always ready to help.The hotel itself is around 2-3 minutes away from the Plaza and they had free shuttle service to drop you off and pick you back up as soon as you called. Josh was our shuttle driver on both days and was very prompt and courteous and always at your service. We also liked the hotel breakfast which they serve outside in a covered patio.Nice ambience!
My only complaint would be that during our check-out we found that somebody fraudulently billed around $200 in dinner food bills against our room number.We immediately knew this was wrong as we never ate dinner at this hotel's restaurant. Bringing this to the attention of front desk,they recovered the checks which had our room number but signed by some different person. Fortunately the front desk staff deducted the food bills charges,but we think this unnecessary hassle could have been avoided if the restaurant staff cross-checked the room number with the guest name.
Overall a nice stay otherwise.

• Stayed August 2013
Dear Ina1021,

Thank you for the time to write a review. I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay with us. I appreciate the acknowledge of Josh and the breakfast experience. I have to say that the patio is one of my favorite places on the property. I will also share your review with Josh as I know he collects his letters and loves to know when he makes an impact on peoples stays. He cares and does a great job. It makes my job that much better when I can thank him with a note like yours. On the issue with your bill I'm so sorry for the mix-up. I'm glad that the team at the front figured it out and got it corrected quickly.

We look forward to your return.

At your service,

Ben Tutt

Been to La Posada de Santa Fe, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!