“Posh resort beating all the competition in the heart of Santa Fe” 5 of 5 stars
Review of La Posada de Santa Fe, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa

You added La Posada de Santa Fe, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa to your Saves list
La Posada de Santa Fe, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   330 East Palace Ave., Santa Fe, NM 87501   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #32 of 60 Hotels in Santa Fe
Santa Fe
“Posh resort beating all the competition in the heart of Santa Fe”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

Lush, cozy and peaceful are all words that come to mind when describing my stay at La Posada. Walking the gently winding path through the beautiful gardens to my well-appointed and tastefully decorated room, it felt as if I'd stumbled into some fancy European villa. The bed was supremely comfortable. The bathtub was wonderfully deep. The salt water pool, though small, was very pretty. I highly recommend.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (202)
Nashville
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

I brought a group of 24 people to Santa Fe for 4 days of enjoyment. I researched the best hotel for us and chose La Posada after consultation with several friends who have homes in Santa Fe. I had previously stayed at Bishops Lodge, but wanted to stay in town during Spanish Market. The hotel is perfectly situated a mere 2 blocks from the Plaza. I didn't want to stay right on the plaza because I felt that during Spanish Market the quieter location of La Posada would be more desirable and it certainly was. The hotel incorporates an art gallery with art displayed in all rooms on the main level. They have an art curator who spoke everyone in the hotel at 4 PM about the art. She gave us a tour of every part of the exhibit and two of the featured artists were present to comment on their works. The art curator also spoke to our group that evening at the beginning our dinner.
The personnel in the hotel are superb. By the second day most new each of us by name and were all extremely cordial and helpful. They more than "bent over backwards" to make certain that everything was perfect for each of us. The hotel runs complimentary shuttles to take all guests anywhere in town. A simple phone call is all that is needed for a return shuttle. The shuttle drivers were wonderful people and extremely friendly and helpful.
The reason I did not rate this property as excellent was that our first room was dark and the rug was dirty. They immediately moved us to another room which was much better. The TV reception was very bad and the TV stations that were listed on the "card" in the room bore no resemblance to the actual stations on the TV. Finally the wifi signal in our room was poor. I was able to access the interned from one corner of the room, but not the rest of the room. I spoke to the hotel about both issues, and they immediately sent someone to look at the TV, but it never improved. I called the Toll Free number for the internet and they refreshed the access point nearest us and the wifi signal improved a little. In spite of these few issues the hotel is truly outstanding and I would certainly stay there on our next visit to Santa Fe.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Durango, Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

We wanted this place to be fabulous....but it didn't quite make the grade. Booked online....no problems. But also booked a massage online, they said they never received the e-mail and were not even nice about it. Did end up getting a massage that was wonderful but had to spend extra time booking it after we arrived. The room was cute but lacking in amenities.....no outlet in the bathroom.....NOT KIDDING.....had to dry hair without a mirror next to the bad. The a/c leaked water and we had to place a bucket under it; only one chair at the table on the dirty patio. Nice place for breakfast/coffee.....but only for one person??!! No movies on the TV.....one rainy afternoon with a movie would have been nice. NO INTERNET SERVICE! Called the front desk and they said I must have been accessing it incorrectly. Finally walked by the front desk later that same day when another person told me it had been down for days and they were working on it. hmmmmm....way to blame that on the guest. The pool area is over-crowded, get there early if you want a chair. The bartender put oregano in my husband's mojito.....but "it's fresh" the bartender told him!! LOL!! Honestly, I think most of the trouble here is with staffing and management....give this place some time....it might come around. Great location!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
BenTutt, General Manager at La Posada de Santa Fe, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa, responded to this review, August 11, 2013
Dear Corylyn,

My apologies for the issues that you experienced while on the property. I was surprise by the number and variety of items. Often if something goes wrong it is a signal item. I would welcome the opportunity to speak to you directly as I believe it would be beneficial for all involved. I'd like to get a better decryption on some of the items so I could fix and address some of the problems that you mention.

At your service,

Ben Tutt
505-954-9610
Austin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

We were driving through Santa Fe and stayed at La Posada. We had lucked out and they had a Living Social deal that day. Anyway, the hotel was great, food wonderful, service outstanding, and swimming in the heated salt water pool when it was 40 degrees outside was wonderful. We stayed in a king bed room, with a pullout bed for our 3 year old. Then we put our portable crib in the huge bathroom for our 1 year old. It was a wonderful and relaxing spur of the moment stopover on our long road trip.

I'm marking the Value as excellent due to the Livingsocial online deal, but if we had paid regular rates I would mark it in the 3 category.

Room Tip: Stay towards the back of the property, especially if you have small children. This way you don't...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013

We have stayed at La Posada De Santa Fe twice. The first time we had a beautiful room which was on the interior of the property and was new, clean, and really very well appointed. On our second stay, which was at the beginning of August, we booked a room with a king bed and the room price was towards the upper end of their room rates. It was in what they called a "historic" building and was dirty, over a loud street and had old and unattractive furnishings. Be careful when making reservations here that you determine the quality of the building you will be staying in. I didn't feel like I was at the same place on the second visit.

• Stayed August 2013
Dear thismarvelouslife,

I love the name on TripAdvisor. My apologies for the experience with your last stay. As we have 157 rooms and 138 room layouts the hotel can provide a different feel depending on where you stay. Many people have a preference to either the older or newer rooms depending on their version of a Santa Fe experience. It is our strong desire however that everyone goes away happy and enjoys their stay. If you would like to reach out to me directly I will insure that any future stay is perfect for you.

At your service,

Ben Tutt
505-954-9610
Surrey, B.C.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

Just returned from a 5 night stay with a tour group at La Posada. The hotel and grounds are beautifully kept and the location is ideal...a 10 minute walk to downtown Santa Fe. Our room was clean and the beds were very comfortable. We loved the guest services and everyone was helpful. One complaint would be that for several days housekeeping took forever to tidy our room and I had to call to get someone to come. It's a very busy place. Shuttle service within a 2 mile radius is a real bonus.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Santa Fe
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

I stayed at La Posada on a trip with my mom in June. The grounds were beautiful and very peaceful. The room was warm and inviting. The air conditioning is a nice plus for Santa Fe as it was very hot during her visit. The staff was helpful and friendly. Overall a very pleasant experience and we'd definitely go back and stay again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Been to La Posada de Santa Fe, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!