“La Posada stay” 4 of 5 stars
Review of La Posada de Santa Fe, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa

Save Saved
You added La Posada de Santa Fe, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa to your Saves list
La Posada de Santa Fe, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa
Ranked #29 of 60 hotels in Santa Fe
Austin
“La Posada stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

Experience was great, grounds are beautiful and spa experience is amazing. However doing research it is critical you stay in a recently renovated room above the spa. The spa rooms are beautiful and worth the money. Apparently most of the rooms are not in great shape and very dated so beware.
The food is great however the menu is rather limited and the service is really slow which I was okay with because I was on vacation and not rushed.
The only problem I had that was frustrating was that I had booked 5 nights and housekeeping consistently did not clean the room. Everyday I had to call and request the room be cleaned. My call was usually well after check in time and typically I was calling around 4:00 or 5:00. They had plenty of time to clean. Staff was very helpful and concierges were amazing!!

Room Tip: Book only the rooms above the spa!!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

400 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (153)
Chicago, Illinois, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

When staying at the La Posada we were there for a wedding and when we walked into our room we were a bit shocked to be honest. The price you pay for these rooms is in our opinion overpriced and the rooms are very small and need updating.

The room itself is cozy and you walk right into it from the outside of your own patio. The room while looking a bit dated, the bathroom was nice and they had C.O. Bigelow products which was a nice touch. Also, the closet had all the essentials of ironing board, hair dryer and even an umbrella which came in handy as it rained most of the time we were there.

I would say the hotel is not a very quiet place. They host weddings in the middle of the property and our room happened to be right in the open area location. When trying to go to bed at 10pm to get up for our early flight we were not able to fall asleep till 1am due to the music being so loud from the wedding and basically as loud in our room as it was outside. In addition a couple from the wedding decided to pick our patio and table as their place to have a relationship fight which for about the first 5 minutes was entertaining, but when it lasted for over an hour with the woman crying and crying we had enough. When we called the front desk they were no help and only offered that the music would be off at midnight.

We understand that making a noise complaint during a wedding is not exactly an easy thing to solve but had we known it would be so loud, or the hotel informed us, we would have moved rooms in order to get a good nights sleep.

The food for dinner at the restaurant right outside our door was fantastic and full of flavor. Also, very cute with the light strands and red umbrellas.

Location of the hotel is also great as you can walk to almost anything in Santa Fe.

Room Tip: Ask for a room far away from where they host the outdoor weddings as the music will be so loud you w...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
BenTutt, General Manager at La Posada de Santa Fe, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa, responded to this review, August 11, 2013
Dear Jessloren,

Thank you for the review and the nice mention for the restaurant. My apologies for the fact that the room you were in was close to the wedding and that a couple got in a fight in front of your door. I actual had to come in because of this wedding and had to address several issues in this regard including involvement from the police. This should not have impacted you on your time away. I would welcome the opportunity to discuss it with you directly. I'd love to get you back to the property and make it up to you.

At your service,

Ben Tutt
505-954-9610
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

Second trip in two years and the staff still go above and beyond. Every room there is different and has its own charm. Nothing cookie cutter about this beautifully maintained and cheerfully manned property. You are a short walk to either the Plaza or Canyon Road, yet surrounded by art and flowers and quiet. Very comfortable beds and patios with many of the rooms. I have visited many other hotels in Santa Fe and this one tops my list for charm, amenities and price value. Great service with a friendly manner from concierge, front desk, drivers and housekeeping. Shuttle available in short order for trips within 2 miles of hotel. I used it several times when the distance or hour made it easier than walking. Being near the Plaza and not having to drive is a great plus.

Room Tip: Be openminded. They all have unique charm. Staff will work to make sure you are happy.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

From the moment we pulled up to the hotel to the very moment we left, our stay was wonderful. Check in was easy and our room was absolutly beautiful. Every room in this hotel is different and unique and the grounds are amazing. I have actually never slept in a more comfortable bed. The towels were huge and there were at least twice as many as needed. The bathroom was huge and included handmade soaps and shampoos in standard size (no tiny hotel bars here). Wonderful robes and slippers hung waiting in the ample closet and large flat screen TVs hung in the living room and bedroom. The pool and hot tub were clean and large thirsty towels were provided for you. As soon as we sat down in a couple very comfortable pool chairs, a bartender showed up with glasses of water with lemon and wanted to know if we needed anything else. By the way, they make an amazing margarita on the rocks at the pool side bar. A unique extra touch here is that the pool and hot tub are salianated slightly making your skin feel like heaven when you get out. We had the best meal of our trip at the restaurant here...try the duck or the lamb burger and don't miss the sea salted caramel gelato. When we called for a bellman to help us with our bags on check out, they actually brought our car around to our room and loaded our bags there making our departure as pleasant and easy as our arrival.

Room Tip: Ground floor rooms have private courtyards and fireplaces and upstairs rooms are split level suites.
North Richland Hills, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

From the first time you walk through the property to your room, you realize it's all about the atmosphere. It is peaceful, beautiful, and cultural. The landscaping is impeccable and scattered with beautiful sculptures and statues.

The staff is courteous and anxious to serve. I love the atmosphere when you walk into the lobby which is in the original Staab house. Instead of the big counter dividing you from the front desk staff, they are behind a desk with a chair for the guest to sit in so you can sit back and be more relaxed. The concierge is right there by the front door to assist with anything you need.

The young men who open the door, carry your luggage and drive the shuttles are more than happy to share what they know about the local activities and restaurants. It was raining when we checked in and the young man who brought us our luggage had 2 big umbrellas covering the cart doing his best to keep everything dry.

The location is perfect. Just a short walk from downtown. The weather was beautiful. Being from Texas, we really enjoyed July weather in the 80s and dry with no humidity.

I had a 50 minute full body massage in the spa. The spa was everything you would want. The aromas, the relaxing music in the background and of course the massage. It was an amazing experience.

My granddaughter is about to be a senior in high school and this was her first grown up vacation without little sister and cousin tagging along. She had a memorable experience.

We had breakfast on property one morning and it was very good. The wait staff of course excellent. It was outdoors on the restaurant patio with amazing weather.

I was impressed with the staff who was just out on the property. Everyone we passed from housekeeping to maintenance would smile and greet us.

I look forward to my next visit!

Santa Fe, New Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

My hair is curly, and I know it is a challenge to cut and style, but Jake makes me look good:) The compliments I get afterwards, are a constant reminder that I've found a great stylist. I've been living in Santa Fe for 9 months, and I wouldn't think of going to any other stylist. La Posada Spa is lucky to have jake, he's also one of the nail techs.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
new york
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

We did get a good deal on this property so taking it from that perspective we had a nice stay. They upgraded us to a nice suite that had lots of character. My son and I loved the small but nice pool and the hotel is walking distance to the main square. Service was nice and pleasant. I guess one small issue is the $30 resort fee which includes valet parking, internet, etc.

Not a huge property and perhaps not a "grand" resort, but a nice place to stay with lots of character.

Room Tip: I hear some of the rooms can be really small, so try your best to be nice to the staff and get a big...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Been to La Posada de Santa Fe, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!