This is our second time at the La Posada and we loved it. We tried the Inn at Five Graces last year, and we experienced some issues (see my review), and so we came back to the La Posada this year for the Fourth of July weekend stay. Our original room wasn't their best - I do believe you need to find the right room at this hotel. After gently requesting a change, we were shown 4 different rooms. We moved to 162, which is called a King Patio+Fireplace. It had tiled floors, which is an upgrade from some of the rooms which have some pretty worn carpet. The bathroom was pretty small, which was the trade-off I suppose. There are a lot of beautiful rooms but there are many that could use some updating - so ask when booking to make sure you get what you want.
We had breakfast each day at the hotel - the food was wonderful and the staff was excellent. Our cavalier was welcome in the restaurant and each day they brought her a biscuit and bowl of water. The Staab house bar was nice and this history around Julia Staab and her "ghost" is interesting.
Every day at 4pm, there is some sort of event put on for guests...we attended the beer and cheese tasting (Thursday) and the Art Walk (Friday). On Monday's they do a tequila tasting and on Saturday its cookies - not sure of the complete schedule...
The La Posada is called the "Art" hotel because of its history serving as a home for out of town artists. Now it features a wonderful collection of art. We actually purchased a piece during this stay which gives us a permanent discount on rooms and no more resort fees - such a wonderful bonus supporting local art. The curator (Sara) gave a great presentation on the artists and the hotel's history which was entertaining and informative.
Finally, the pool is fantastic. Its a fun place to spend a few hours. The drinks are excellent - get the mango pina colada - which is supposedly <150 calories and 130% of your daily VitC. Jennifer, the pool bartender, is everyone's friend. Finding a seat is often a challenge at the pool, but if you can't find one, just sit on the edge of the pool and enjoy yourself.
We consider this our anniversary trip each year, and we'll stay at the La Posada for years to come.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- La Posada de Santa Fe, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa, is affiliated with Starwood Hotels and Resorts and participates in the SPG loyalty program. "The Art Hotel of Santa Fe", is a historic property and the only resort downtown. Nestled on six acres in the heart of Santa Fe, just steps from the historic Plaza and Canyon Road, La Posada is the ultimate destination for leisure and business travel with exquisite indoor and outdoor venues for groups, meetings, weddings, and social events. Discover a captivating blend of adobe-style architecture and local artwork, a year-round outdoor pool, exceptional spa, award-winning cuisine and genuine hospitality from our seasoned professionals. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, Starwood, Priceline, Orbitz, Despegar.com, getaroom.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Jetsetter and Tingo so you can book your La Posada de Santa Fe, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Posada De Santa Fe Hotel Santa Fe
- La Posada De Santa Fe Resort And Spa