“This may be the perfect place to stay in Santa Fe” 5 of 5 stars
Review of La Posada de Santa Fe, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa

Save Saved
You added La Posada de Santa Fe, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa to your Saves list
La Posada de Santa Fe, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   330 East Palace Ave., Santa Fe, NM 87501   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #32 of 60 Hotels in Santa Fe
Golden, Colorado
“This may be the perfect place to stay in Santa Fe”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

This hotel is so peaceful and quiet and yet an easy walk to the Plaza and all the great restaurants of Santa Fe. We only ate in the bar but it was very good. Staff was great. Free coffee and newspapers in the lobby. Rooms were a good size. Will definitely return.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
BenTutt, General Manager at La Posada de Santa Fe, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa, responded to this review, April 23, 2013
Dear UshouldvisitGolden,

Thank you for the great review. I like your user name. I grew up in Colorado and love Golden. I appreciate the notes on staff and the quick review of the hotel. It is my hope that we will see you again in the not to distant future.

Ben Tutt

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (170)
South Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

I'm enjoying a three-night stay at La Posada. While the rooms are not luxury-suite fancy, they are nicely appointed and there are luxury touches to this resort such as champagne at check in (which is sitting at a desk, not cattle-called to a big counter), valet parking, evening activities for guests, etc. The bath amenities are nice (peppermint lavender I think), our Fireplace King room has a flat screen tv, safe, coffee maker with Tazo and Starbucks, fridge, walk in closet, decent towels. Didn't use the fireplace since its not real cold right now. Didn't use the spa or eat at the restaurant here. The staff are all very friendly. The grounds are well-kept.

A few things that kept me at a 4-star review... The valet service, and Internet wifi which works quite well, are included in a staggering $30/night resort fee. And I'd actually prefer a self parking option just because I don't like waiting for a valet.

Tip: At check in I asked specifically for a quiet room. The clerk changed me from a street-side room (E. Palace Ave) that had been pre-assigned to one much further back in the 'compound' property here, backing up to a residential area. My wife contends there's little difference, but um yes there is. This morning they were *jackhammering* in the street just feet away from this property. We couldn't even hear it from our room but it was deafening at the valet stand, almost painful. Plus there are frequent trucks, cop cars, etc. Santa Fe is still a city, even if its not LA or NYC.

Tip#2: I booked this room through a living social offer, ran me about $135/night for a Fireplace King room. (Standard rooms were maybe $30 cheaper). I think that's a good deal and a fair price, minus the steep resort fee.

Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
BenTutt, General Manager at La Posada de Santa Fe, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa, responded to this review, April 18, 2013
Dear MalteseFalcon,

We are so happy that you enjoyed your time with us. Thank you for the feedback and the comments. We look forward to having you back at the property to enjoy our restaurant and spa.

I appreciate the acknowledgement of the staff and the extra tips for our future guests.

We look forward to your return.

Albuquerque, New Mexico
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

I am actually in bed right now at the La Posada de Santa Fe and wanted to capture my experience. My wife made reservations a few weeks ago and viewed the property online as well as having walked past it on occasions.

First off, I am a senior and physically disabled. I walk with a cane and visibly limp. When we arrived the valet service was exemplary and very courteous, we were offered a complementary glass of champagne while registering, which was a nice touch. The reception was courteous and polite, however I am shocked that they put us in a room which required me to walk up to the second floor which meant going up two separate sets of stairs. The receptionist should have had the perception and compassion to put us in one of the hundred or so first floor casitas or in the spa building which had an elevator.

We had drinks in the bar and the service was unfriendly, not rude but not at all friendly, in fact the two bartenders seemed peeved with each other. We followed that with dinner at the hotel restaurant and I had requested by email a romantic table, instead we were seated in an ante room and not the main room with better chairs and charm. The food was average as was the service.

It is now midnight and the noise level from the bar downstairs is completely unacceptable. We had really been looking forward to this stay and although the property has wonderful ambience and history I doubt we will ever return.

The entire property is comprised of the main historical house, which includes the bar, restaurant and only four or five rooms (all upstairs) and the rest is the casitas with what appear to have much better ambience than the old rooms in the main building.

As a disabled person and one who is obviously in pain and poor at walking I really expect that the staff would be trained to accommodate special needs.

Room Tip: Avoid the main building and the old rooms upstairs as they are very noisy.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear jackkelley51,

I apologies for the inconvenience and the fact that the staff did not recognize you physical challenge immediately. I know that you worked with Annette and that she took care of getting you into a more suitable room. I hope that the rest of you stay was a good one and that you were able to enjoy the resort and the amenity that Annette sent. If you do have time I would love the opportunity to get an update on the rest of the stay and speak with you about your time here. We use our Tripadvisor feedback as a training tool. The issue with recognizing an issue and responding appropriately for the individual is one that could be valuable for the whole team.
I look forward to the opportunity to speak with you.

505-699-4264
New Hartford, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013 via mobile

While out on my morning run, I discovered the beauty of this resort. Although I did not stay here (but I plan to on my next visit), my daughter & I had a wonderful spa treatment. I would highly recommend "The Spirit of Santa Fe"; an 80 minute, fantastic treat. The atmosphere of the hotel is one of beauty, relaxation and accommodation. Just walking in the lobby, you are immediately surrounded by the aroma of the cozy, crackling fire, friendly staff, and furniture that is just inviting you to come in and relax. The variety of sitting areas in the library allow one to have a peaceful nook to themselves. When craving a more social atmosphere, you can gather at the bar to socialize. I look forward to returning to Santa Fe and staying the the La Posada Resort.

Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Dear Annexoxo,

I'm so glad that you stopped in and got the opportunity to enjoy our resort. We have just added The Spirit of Santa Fe Treatment and it is one of the favorites for the hotel. Thank you for the mention of the staff and our cozy public areas.

We look forward to your next trip to Santa Fe and your first stay at La Posada.

Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

La Posada, the "Art Hotel" of Santa Fe, is an amazing, charming, authentic and wonderful place. We had a women's conference there this past February and I could not have asked for better ambiance and service. There are so many things that make La Posada special....the unique architecture, the attentive staff, the beautiful art, the location, the special free events ( the art tour of the property was especially incredible and interesting). We got a special rate due to it not being peak season in Santa Fe. Otherwise, we could not have afforded to have our conference there. The trade-off was having to endure the cold instead of it being warm, but the light snow that dusted the trees and the casitas one evening made the place that much more enchanting. It was great having a fireplace in our room, but the smokey smell that came into the room was a little overpowering at time. That was not enough of an annoyance to mar the overwhelmingly positive time that I and my group had at this special place. I highly recommend this resort!

Room Tip: Request to have a room that does not back up to a main road.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Dear NancyW375,

I'm so glad that you had such a good experience here in Santa Fe. We pride ourselves on being The Art Hotel of Santa Fe. We focus on creating an authentic and genuine Santa Fe experience for all of our guests.

Thank you for the enthusiastic recommendation. We look forward to your return.

Roeselare, Belgium
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Being a resort you have to pay a daily fee, this does include valet parking, because the on site spaces seem to be reserved for restaurant guests. The room was really quite luxurious and they seem to take service very seriously and check up on you. We were only staying for a single night and did not use any of the facilities. Although I had inquired via e-mail for a room with a balcony or terrace close by the pool, we did not have any terrace and our room was a bit tucked away at the end of the property. In the bathroom there was a small ant problem, I did not bother to call anyone since it was minor and we were staying for 1 night only. Upon check out I was asked how our stay was and informed them of these minor issues. They did apologize promptly and waved my resort fee. So definitely a plus for service!

The location is a 5 min walk away from the church and the square, although I thought Santa Fe was more happening at night, but it just wasn't.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear W-Flemish-Traveler,

Thank you for the positive review. I appreciate letting us know of the issue with the ants. We do have an exterminator that regularly does preventative spraying on the property but as we are an outdoor resort on 6 acres we do have the occasion need for a special trip.

We look forward to getting you back in the near future. Hopefully you'll be able to stay for more than just one night.

Cape Girardeau, MO
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

I stayed at this hotel on business this past week. Due to being in town on business, I unfortunately did not get to visit the spa or pool. My room was cozy and easy to get to. The staff was all very attentive. They have wonderful little gatherings each night for guests (cheese and wine tasting, s'mores by the fire). My trash was left after the 1st night, but it was only a Kleenex and q-tip, so may have been easily missed. The hotel was in very easy walking distance of all downtown attractions. Overall a great stay!

• Stayed April 2013
Dear MOGrl79,

Thank you so much for the great review. I'm so happy that you we able to relax and enjoy the hotel while here on business. Hopefully we can get you back when you can enjoy our spa and pool as well. I appreciate the acknowledgement of the staff and am glad that you got to enjoy some of our daily activities. You mention one of my favorites, s ‘mores. I always enjoy our guest reliving younger times when they first had a s ‘more. The stories are great.

We look forward to you next trip,

Ben Tutt

Been to La Posada de Santa Fe, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!