“Awesome Stay!!!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of La Posada de Santa Fe, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa

Save Saved
You added La Posada de Santa Fe, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa to your Saves list
La Posada de Santa Fe, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa
Ranked #32 of 60 Hotels in Santa Fe
Colorado Springs, Colorado, United States
“Awesome Stay!!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

My wife and I recently stayed at La Posada on a weekend getaway for our anniversary. Wow, what a great stay. The staff were excellent, the property was full of character and was well taken care of. My wife really enjoyed the spa services and the dining was great. The staff surprised us with a bottle of champagne and chocolate covered strawberries delivered to our room for our anniversary. What a great surprise! Close proximity to the Plaza/dining/shopping/sightseeing. Overall we had a wonderful stay and would highly recommend this resort to anyone traveling to Santa Fe.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (170)
Denver, Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

Just returned from a 3 night stay at La Posada to celebrate my birthday.
Our experience here was very mixed. My best friend bought a AAA deal on 3 nights and I do admit, it was a very good price. She has never been to Santa Fe before and she stated to me she has always wanted to stay at La Posada since it just looks so wonderful on the website. So when she saw the deal, she snapped it up.

First off, the hotel lobby, restaurant and bar area are lovely. The staff could not have been more wonderful or accommodating. The small touches such as wine and cheese or cookies and hot chocolate in the afternoon was very nice. The shuttle into town is a great feature and Herbert was just so great!!!! I used to be an event planner for Lehman Brothers and have stayed at some of the top hotels and resorts in the world and worked with and dealt with their staffs and, I have to say, the staff at La Posada gives them all a run for being the best.

The grounds are nice and kept up and I love the lights on all of the building. Nice touch. I am told that the summer is the time to visit Santa Fe, so unfortunately, the weather for our stay was not the best and it is, of course, too early for flowers to be out.

What I was most disappointed with was our room. I realize that since we booked a deal, we are going to get the run of the house room for that rate. I was shocked when we entered the room. I had seen the pictures on the website and, frankly, I would have thought we were at a completely different hotel!! The pictures of the rooms on the website looked so colorful and inviting. Our room was drab, dismal and very, very tired. The climate control system needs updating. The windows were old and had paint pealing on them. The bathroom door was brown and old and had marks all over the bottom of the door. The bathroom was dismal, the lighting was not good and it was very small. Our sink did not drain properly. The furniture and decor was tired and boring. The robes were old and frayed. The carpet was old and worn. A nice tile would give the room much more variety and make it seem fresh. The furniture was boring and unattractive. The wireless internet was less than functional most of the time we were there.
The sheets and towels were great and there were extra towels in the bath which is a big plus. The beds were comfortable. But, all in all, I did not enjoy the room all that much.

I read in the brochure that all the rooms are different but we did not have the opportunity to view any of the other rooms. As I stated earlier, I realize that we were given the run of house room for our deal, but it was just not up to snuff for what a "luxury" resort room should look like, even when it is the standard room.

The location is great for walking around and seeing the sites and shopping.

If you are planning a trip to this resort and having a nice ambiance in your room is important to you, then make sure you do your homework and know what you are getting. The staff, the common areas, the food and the general feel of the resort are great, but I think that they need to upgrade some of the accommodations.

Everyone has their certain standards when it comes to lodging but some improvements would help to put this hotel back on the map as a "luxury" destination.

By the way, we had a double queen room and it was #194.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Corrales, New Mexico
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

I had stayed at LaPosada years ago and when I saw the coupon on Living Social, I jumped at the opportunity to stay there again. My husband and I live in New Mexico, so this was supposed to be a romantic weekend for just the two of us.
First the good news:
Very friendly, attentive and accommodating staff
Lobby is beautiful and charming
Greeted by staff with free champagne, cookies, hot apple cider
Loved the bath supplies, even though they were from New York and not New Mexico

Now the bad:
The rooms were dingy and tired
Our room, while large with two beds had a patio that overlooked the parking lot
The robes were tattered, the carpet old and the throws across the bed had clearly seen a better day
Lighting was poor especially considering that if we opened the shades there was no privacy as the parking lot was right there
Light next to my bed did not work
Furniture was old and scratched
Nail holes in wall
Just a very sad room with no charm
The halls leading to our room (room 116), were dirty, but it was an extremely windy day so I will give them a break there
The pool and hot tub were outside
The spa's decor needed a facelift as well

Overall, I would not stay here again nor would I recommend this hotel to friends. There are many other choices in Santa Fe. Pick one of them!

Room Tip: Don't pick room 116.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
El Paso, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

Room and resort was as advertised. The staff was very helpful and always available. I hope they get paid well because they are the ones who made the experience worthwhile. Whether it was turn down service, maid cleaning, shuttle driver, or valet parking they all seemed to take pride in their work and ensuring we had an enjoyable experience.

Room Tip: You want something on the northwest side. We liked this because we were close to walking distance f...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Las Cruces, New Mexico
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

Went thru Snique away escapes for a discounted price. Once you commit and pay - no cancellations. We opted for a King Size room with Fireplace. The pictures looked excellent.
The room we were given was way in the back of the resort and the room looked no way like any of the pictures. I admit professional pictures are deceiving however, this room was very small, did have a fireplace and a king bed. For a room that was supposedly renovated, it looked worn.
TV did not turn on initially, had to call housekeeping. Opened the 2 encasement windows and
the crank came of their runners. Had to take the screen off ( difficult old screen) to fix. Shower was difficult to adjust. Was in a hurry to check out thus, I did not tell the receptionist what I thought of the room. Basically, this is a very nice Inn and Spa and the grounds are well kept.
They have a van shuttle service to the plaza ( free) which was extremely convenient. The hotel staff was outstanding and very accommodating. Don't know how we were assigned that room.
maybe because we saved 30 bucks thru Snique Away. If you choose this resort, stay away from
room 164.

IrvR

Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

Santa Fe is a wonderfull get away destination and we've stayed at almost every downtown hotel and resort over the years. This month we celebrated our 33 anniversary in SF and selected La Posada Resort because it's always been one of our favorites. Honestly, we were treated like "special guest" from the time we arrived.... until they made us leave. Eduardo Sampere manages La Posada as though he owns it and he takes great pride in his staff and the hotel facilities. Go and enjoy!

Highlands ,NC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

I must share with everyone out there ....this is the place to stay in Santa fe ! I have stayed at many hotels ,but this tops the list of THE BEST ! My son's wedding was last weekend and we had about 30 rooms and the reception was also here for 120 folks and I was thrilled with everything ,the food ,the staff ,the venue ....basically I want to move in to La Posada ! The Spa and exercise facilities were also over the top !

Room Tip: All the rooms were special ,but I like the South Western with the fireplaces.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to La Posada de Santa Fe, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!