“I will never stay anywhere else in Santa Fe!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of La Posada de Santa Fe, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa

Save Saved
You added La Posada de Santa Fe, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa to your Saves list
La Posada de Santa Fe, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   330 East Palace Ave., Santa Fe, NM 87501   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #30 of 60 hotels in Santa Fe
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
“I will never stay anywhere else in Santa Fe!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

We came to La Posada with two other couples for a weekend vacation. We had read about the various amenities of La Posada and thought we would enjoy it. It was the best decision we made on this trip! We were greet immediately and helped to our rooms. Our room was lovely and had a kiva fireplace which was an unexpected treat. The room was not large, but we thought that the size was adequate for our stay and we were pleased.

Every member of the staff was helpful and polite. They were always willing to give us meal suggestions or directions. The complimentary shuttle was amazing! We took advantage of that every night which helped keep us from getting lost or trying to find parking in downtown Santa Fe. We enjoyed the complimentary cider and coffee, which was a nice way to warm up when we came in from walking around the city.

All six of us agree: we would stay at La Posada again and hope to do so soon!

• Stayed February 2013
BenTutt, General Manager at La Posada de Santa Fe, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa, responded to this review, February 28, 2013
Dear Lynna F,

Thank you for the wonderful review. I'm glad that your group of six had such a great time. I appreciate the mention of our staff as it's the team and their heart that make the difference in everything we do. They're the reason you will never have to stay anywhere else.

426 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (165)
Fort Worth, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

We just checked out and I had to write a review on our way back to Texas. We stayed at la posada for a week for our honeymoon and my 40 th birthday. We had never been to Santa Fe n picked this hotel based on reviews. It is even better than what you see online. The property s beautiful. We had a fireplace with patio king and rooms are so cute. The staff is so friendly. From the bellman, valets, and amber at check in, even the manager at check out. Very friendly place. We cannot wait to go back!!! They have a free shuttle to take you places too. The drivers were so helpful too. Food was awesome. Stay here for sure. We loved it!! Great location as well.

Room Tip: Get the king fireplace room!!!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
BenTutt, General Manager at La Posada de Santa Fe, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa, responded to this review, February 10, 2013
Dear Lisa L.

We are so glad that you took the time to celebrate your special occasion with us. I want to thank you for mentioning the great and friendly staff. We focus our team on an intimate and genuine approach to dealing with guest service. We want you to feel like family when you stay with us. I will be sure to make a special thank you for Amber as we make a big deal out of people that are remembered by our guest. I hope you have a safe trip home and come back and see us soon.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

Great location but the facility is very tired. Friendly staff and but slow to respond. Overall I was disappointed with the facility. The staff at the spa were great but the spa area was very small. I would not come back to this spa because of the facility.

• Stayed February 2013
Dear Melissa D,

Thank you for taking the time to right a review. I read ever one on all of our mediums and do my best to make sure people are rewarded for good reviews and we follow-up on any issues. It is tough to determine exactly what the issues with your stay were from the review and I would love the opertunity to discuss the stay with you in more detail. If you get the time I would enjoy speaking with you directly so we can insure that we are fully up to speed for any future stay.

505-954-9610
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

Historically, every hotel that we've booked through the Fine Hotels and Resorts program with AMEX has been top-notch, so when this little hotel popped up in their register I booked a room without further research.

You are greeted at check-in by a friendly and helpful staff that invites you to sit in front of their individual desks that line the lobby. A thorough one-on-one explanation of everything the hotel offers while getting you your room of choice, or an upgraded one in our case.

We found the suite to be beautifully decorated appropriate for New Mexico. The bed was soft but had great support. Several pillows and extra blankets available. The bathroom was quite large with a good selection of soaps and lotions. Starbucks coffee pods with a coffee maker, and two bottle of water provided.

The restaurant / bar was superb. Several fireplaces with comfortable chairs. Some at tables, some clustered together great for conversing with friends. A "Chile Reline Kobe Beef Burger" on the bar menu! I'm going back just to try that! Had something a little lighter, and the best bread pudding i've ever had. Excellent coffee for me and Tazo tea for my wife to wind down the afternoon. Jazz was scheduled for that night at 8pm, planned on making it. Didn't happen.

Had breakfast in the main restaurant, Fuego I think was the name. VERY good. Huge portions, excellent coffee again. I had a egg and chorizo burrito covered in green and red chile sauce. Highly recommended.

The grounds were very well kept. We happen to come on one of only a few days in the past nine months that rained, of course. There was a huge outdoor seating area with fire pits and chimineas that looked inviting.

We will be back when we have more time. This property's inclusion in the Fine Hotels and Resorts Group is well deserved.

Room Tip: Suite above the spa is very nice.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear TJWolf,

Thank you so much for the wonderful review and accolades for the staff. I understand missing the Kobe burger after having the egg and chorizo breakfast burrito, as you say a good reason to come back.

Lubbock, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

I don't know what happened in the span of 12 months, but whatever it was it was definitely worth the wait! I couldn't be happier about returning to La Posada. The restaurant was excellent, the bar fun and well staffed and the rooms were comfortable and exceptionally clean. I recognized many of the staff and was happy to see them still on the property. Our room was a little on the small side with not near enough storage for all our ski gear but it worked out.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room on the bottom floor. I'd also request one with enough room for ski equipme...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Edith B,

Thank you so much for the great review. I'm so glad you got to enjoy our restaurant and some of Chef Carmen's food. I appreciate the acknowledgement of the staff and their longevity. We pride ourselves on having a fun environment for our guests and staff. Consequently, we get a lot of people that return and many staff that stay with us for years.

We look forward to your return. Give me a call when you want to book your next trip and I'll make sure we get you a room with space for ski equipment. We can also store it up front so you don't have to carry it as far.

General Manager.
Bella Vista, Arkansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

The staff at La Posada is one of the best I have ever had the pleasure of serving me, bar none. They are very attentive, remembered our name and followed up on every request to assure we were taken care of and satisfied. The food in the restaurant and bar was superb. Beautiful grounds and great rooms. We will be back just to experience the service and ambiance.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Dear Rahoran53,

Thank you so much for the great mention of our staff. Reviews like this make my day. Our team is dedicated and truly cares about how our guests feel. I will review this with our management team this week to thank them and their staffs for this effort. I'll make a special stop by the kitchen to congratulate Chef Carmen, New Mexico Chef of the Year, and his team for another great review.

Mequon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

I stayed at La Posada with a girlfriend, last summer. The manager introduced himself to us immediately, as we were checking into our rooms. The entire staff was very attentive during our stay. The hotel shuttle driver went out his way to help us find an unusual off site location for a cooking class. We were provided with superb restaurant recommendations by the concierge.
The hotel location was in perfect walking distance to the Indian Art Festival, but far enough away that we had peace and quiet.
My friend and I had large rooms with a balconies. My room was on the lower level and was therefore a bit dark. More natural light would be a great improvement.
Overall it was a lovely stay.

Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Amy H,

I'm so glad to hear that you enjoyed your time with us during Indian Market. I especially appreciate the nice comments on the staff. The team prides itself in making sure that people enjoy their Santa Fe experiences.

We look forward to seeing you again next year.

505-954-9610

Been to La Posada de Santa Fe, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!