We stayed at La Posada at the recommendation of a friend and am glad we did. The adobe-style casitas are found down quiet wandering paths and you will be surprised to find yourself entering a Victorian house inside complete with upstairs ghost. The service re received upon check in, by the bell staff and wait staff was very good. Santa Fe is at 7,000 feet. Several of us did experience some level of altitude sickness but the spa has a 15 minute oxygen treatment for just $16 that really made the difference. Just be aware there is only one station so don't go all together.
If you are arriving for the weekend do your best to be at the hotel at 4 on Fridays. The chef has a tasting with complementary wine that is wonderful. There is also hot apple cider in the lobby in the afternoons and s'mores on some evenings as well.
After tasting the amazing soup and appetizers at the Friday afternoon chef's event we decided to stay in and have dinner. It was the best decision of our weekend and one of the best meals I have ever had (yes, ever). The new menu is very interesting and each dish has so much flavor my sister commented that our taste buds were having a party. I highly recommend the chocolate mouse (a handed down recipe that is not what you expect) with a glass of port after dinner. We had dinner the next evening for a similar price at the "number one" restaurant in Santa Fe and there was no comparison (Cafe Pasqual's).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- La Posada de Santa Fe, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa, is affiliated with Starwood Hotels and Resorts and participates in the SPG loyalty program. "The Art Hotel of Santa Fe", is a historic property and the only resort downtown. Nestled on six acres in the heart of Santa Fe, just steps from the historic Plaza and Canyon Road, La Posada is the ultimate destination for leisure and business travel with exquisite indoor and outdoor venues for groups, meetings, weddings, and social events. Discover a captivating blend of adobe-style architecture and local artwork, a year-round outdoor pool, exceptional spa, award-winning cuisine and genuine hospitality from our seasoned professionals. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Starwood, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, Priceline, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Jetsetter and Tingo so you can book your La Posada de Santa Fe, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Posada De Santa Fe Hotel Santa Fe
- La Posada De Santa Fe Resort And Spa