“Santa Fe's La Posada Inn and Resort is Awesome!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of La Posada de Santa Fe, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa

Save Saved
You added La Posada de Santa Fe, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa to your Saves list
La Posada de Santa Fe, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   330 East Palace Ave., Santa Fe, NM 87501   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #32 of 60 Hotels in Santa Fe
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Santa Fe's La Posada Inn and Resort is Awesome!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

If you're looking for a well-appointed property with beautiful grounds, pleasant environment, unbelievable customer service...all with a spa and work-out room on site...La Posada may be what you're looking for.

My 8 gal ski friends and I booked several rooms for a 4-day stay and rated our experience as first-rate, one to be remembered for a long time (and we're rather picky). Some of the special comforts offered come to mind: soft and cozy beds, bed-side table lamps with night lites built in, fireplaces stocked with fresh wood supply, flat screen TVs in all rooms, and several hotel features like a classy bar, reading room with fireplace, distinctive art everywhere, and outstanding food (horsd'oeuvres and meals). WOW. Now I'm trying to get my husband back there with me...downtown Santa Fe is a few blocks away and the art crawls and museums are really fun.

Submitted by Mary Ann on Nov 14, 2012

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
BenTutt, General Manager at La Posada de Santa Fe, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa, responded to this review, November 18, 2012
Dear Mary Ann N,

Your review made my day. I loved your opening remarks and I love it when people go home with such happy memories of the La Posada and Santa Fe. Let me know if I can help get you and your husband out for another stay. A special thanks for the note on "unbelievable customer service". We make a big deal out of mentions on Tripadvisor and I will be sure to share it with our staff and thank them at our weekly review meeting.

We look forward to your return.

Ben Tutt

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (183)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012 via mobile

Nine women stayed at LaPosada for a long weekend get away. Had a marvelous time. Accommodations were so great, spa was fantastic and the hospitality perfect! Couldn't have asked for more. Mary Beth from Minnesota

Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Mary D,

I'm so glad that your group had such a good stay. This is the second review I have responded to for your group and I am so appreciative that you have taken the time to share the experience. I hope you can make this a regular trip. If I can be of any assistance in the future please do not hesitate to call.

We look forward to your return.

Saint Paul, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

I loved the history of this resort, and the fact that so many artists had begun their Santa Fe experience on these grounds. Our beds and linens were great, the service was exemplary, I thoroughly enjoyed the grounds (despite the early snow), and really appreciated the resort's central location (and super shuttle service). I'm eager to return.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Cynthia0408,

Thank you so much for the review. I'm glad your time in Santa Fe was so special. I appreciate the mention of "exemplary" service. I will be sure to share it at our next staff meeting.

We too look forward to your return.

Atlanta
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

My husband and I went to Santa Fe in mid October for a four day romantic getaway--we originally tried to get into the Inn of the Anasazi as I had stayed there before but it was booked and La Posada was close to the city center and looked wonderful, although the few negative reviews concerned me. Not to worry---our stay could not have been more pleasant and luxurious. Upon arrival we were upgraded to a suite with a huge sitting area and a fireplace in the bedroom with a patio overlooking the pool. The furnishings were all traditional Southwestern and very comfortable. Lunch outside on the patio near the spa was delicious, and throughout our stay, the staff could not have been more helpful and friendly. Everyone was very anxious to please, from the waiters at the Patio and Fuego (delicious) to the concierge who helped us plan some terrific day trips. The shuttle service is a nice add, although the hotel is so close to almost everything in Santa Fe it is almost a shame to use it and not walk. We would definitely return to La Posada--my only recommendation would be to change out the bathrobes (a bit old)!! Thanks for a wonderful stay!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Jane C,

Thank you for the wonderful review and the acknowledgment of the staff and different service areas. I'm so glad you got enjoyed a romantic getaway in Santa Fe. It is a lovely city to be in with someone you love. On the comment on robes I do have to apologies as we got a bad batch of robs from our supplier that we are in the process of replacing. I promise this will be resolved by the time you return.

We look forward to your next stay.

LA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

My family and I just stayed at this hotel and could not have been more disappointed! The staff was beyond rude, the bedrooms were the luck of the draw (you could get a tiny outdated room, or a larger outdated room). The only people that were sweet and accommodating at this hotel were the valet! We will not be coming be coming back, that is for sure!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Dear Karen02902,

I'm so sorry to hear that your time with us was not enjoyable. I appreciate the acknowledgement of the service from our Valets. I would appreciate the ability to speak with you in regards to the review. The issue of rude staff is one I would like to be able to address personally. We have several training programs and encourage our staff to take a genuine and intimate approach to guest service. If something does not go perfect we want to address it and improve it for all of our guests.

Hope to speak with you.

505-954-9610
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012 via mobile

We loved La Posada. For the 9 of us, we had 3 double queens and a deluxe suite that let us all gather in front of a wood burning fireplace and a lovely sitting area. Eduardo spent so much time making sure that we were pleased with the rooms and had everything we needed. Free shuttle service, wonderful food, great staff, always helpful concierge service, quaint bar, library, and lounge areas, NY Times delivered at our door daily. A great experience.

Stayed November 2012
Dear Kathryn H,

Thank you so much for the time to share your stay with our fellow guests. I especially appreciate the mention of Eduardo and his efforts. I will be sure to thank him for making a difference in your overall experience. Santa Fe is a great getaway for friends. I'm so glad that your group enjoyed time away together. If I can ever be of assistance please do not hesitate to call.

We look forward to your next trip with us.

Parkville, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

My two night stay at La Posada de Santa Fe Resort & Spa was too short! The staff was incredible; my room was excellent; the food was excellent; the setting was excellent. The short walk to the Historic Santa Fe Plaza makes it an ideal location. I especially enjoyed the grounds of the hotel - it feels like a private enclave. The spa was wonderful as well. I didn't want to leave!!!

Room Tip: The hardest choice to make is to choose between a wood-burning fireplace or a gas fireplace.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Dear Tricia K,

I loved your last statement, "I didn't want to leave." Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience with others. We look forward to having you back with us and hopefully a little bit longer stay.

Ben Tutt

Been to La Posada de Santa Fe, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!