“Romantic Getaway--First Class!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of La Posada de Santa Fe, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa

You added La Posada de Santa Fe, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa to your Saves list
La Posada de Santa Fe, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa
Ranked #33 of 60 Hotels in Santa Fe
Atlanta
“Romantic Getaway--First Class!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

My husband and I went to Santa Fe in mid October for a four day romantic getaway--we originally tried to get into the Inn of the Anasazi as I had stayed there before but it was booked and La Posada was close to the city center and looked wonderful, although the few negative reviews concerned me. Not to worry---our stay could not have been more pleasant and luxurious. Upon arrival we were upgraded to a suite with a huge sitting area and a fireplace in the bedroom with a patio overlooking the pool. The furnishings were all traditional Southwestern and very comfortable. Lunch outside on the patio near the spa was delicious, and throughout our stay, the staff could not have been more helpful and friendly. Everyone was very anxious to please, from the waiters at the Patio and Fuego (delicious) to the concierge who helped us plan some terrific day trips. The shuttle service is a nice add, although the hotel is so close to almost everything in Santa Fe it is almost a shame to use it and not walk. We would definitely return to La Posada--my only recommendation would be to change out the bathrobes (a bit old)!! Thanks for a wonderful stay!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
BenTutt, General Manager at La Posada de Santa Fe, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa, responded to this review, November 18, 2012
Dear Jane C,

Thank you for the wonderful review and the acknowledgment of the staff and different service areas. I'm so glad you got enjoyed a romantic getaway in Santa Fe. It is a lovely city to be in with someone you love. On the comment on robes I do have to apologies as we got a bad batch of robs from our supplier that we are in the process of replacing. I promise this will be resolved by the time you return.

We look forward to your next stay.

Ben Tutt

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (192)
LA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

My family and I just stayed at this hotel and could not have been more disappointed! The staff was beyond rude, the bedrooms were the luck of the draw (you could get a tiny outdated room, or a larger outdated room). The only people that were sweet and accommodating at this hotel were the valet! We will not be coming be coming back, that is for sure!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Dear Karen02902,

I'm so sorry to hear that your time with us was not enjoyable. I appreciate the acknowledgement of the service from our Valets. I would appreciate the ability to speak with you in regards to the review. The issue of rude staff is one I would like to be able to address personally. We have several training programs and encourage our staff to take a genuine and intimate approach to guest service. If something does not go perfect we want to address it and improve it for all of our guests.

Hope to speak with you.

505-954-9610
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012 via mobile

We loved La Posada. For the 9 of us, we had 3 double queens and a deluxe suite that let us all gather in front of a wood burning fireplace and a lovely sitting area. Eduardo spent so much time making sure that we were pleased with the rooms and had everything we needed. Free shuttle service, wonderful food, great staff, always helpful concierge service, quaint bar, library, and lounge areas, NY Times delivered at our door daily. A great experience.

Stayed November 2012
Dear Kathryn H,

Thank you so much for the time to share your stay with our fellow guests. I especially appreciate the mention of Eduardo and his efforts. I will be sure to thank him for making a difference in your overall experience. Santa Fe is a great getaway for friends. I'm so glad that your group enjoyed time away together. If I can ever be of assistance please do not hesitate to call.

We look forward to your next trip with us.

Parkville, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

My two night stay at La Posada de Santa Fe Resort & Spa was too short! The staff was incredible; my room was excellent; the food was excellent; the setting was excellent. The short walk to the Historic Santa Fe Plaza makes it an ideal location. I especially enjoyed the grounds of the hotel - it feels like a private enclave. The spa was wonderful as well. I didn't want to leave!!!

Room Tip: The hardest choice to make is to choose between a wood-burning fireplace or a gas fireplace.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Dear Tricia K,

I loved your last statement, "I didn't want to leave." Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience with others. We look forward to having you back with us and hopefully a little bit longer stay.

Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012 via mobile

La Posada de Santa Fe was a perfect place to stay during a romantic getaway to Santa Fe. Breakfast buffet was outstanding. Great location. Nice shuttle, but plenty within walking distance.

Enjoyed great dinners at Geronimo and Coyote Cafe.

• Stayed November 2012
BenTutt, General Manager at La Posada de Santa Fe, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa, responded to this review, November 7, 2012
Dear MarkVirginia,

So glad you were able to enjoy a romantic Getaway in Santa Fe. As you stated La Posada is close to everything and has the shuttle to get you to other locations. What I have always enjoyed is the ability to have a getaway on the property from your get away in Santa Fe. You also hit two great local restaurants that adds to a truly romantic Santa Fe experience.

Thank you for the review. We look forward to your next getaway with us.

Richmond, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

We booked this trip online non-refundable before I read some of the reviews on tripadvisor, after reviewing I was a little worried. To my delight everything was wonderful at La Posada! From the moment we arrived everyone went out of their way to make sure we were pleased. The main building is beautiful, the first night we arrived they had a wine tasting, and we were able to interact with many of the other guests. The hotel does have the resort fee which at first we weren’t really happy about, but we felt it was worth it, included in that fee is valet parking, shuttle within 2 mile radius, wine and beer tastings, smores by the fire, and yoga classes. We had a nice quiet room in the back of the property; the bathroom looked like it was brand new, our beds were so comfortable and it was a very quiet resort. The location was excellent close enough in town, but not right on top everything and the “shuttle” (which actually are nice large sport utility vehicles) was a great way of getting around and we never had to wait for it. All the grounds were nice as well. The bar in the main building was a good place to have a night cap. I would definitely stay there again, we looked a number of other hotels in Santa Fe while we were there and we felt this was the best choice.

Room Tip: Ask for a renovated room.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
BenTutt, General Manager at La Posada de Santa Fe, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa, responded to this review, November 8, 2012
Dear tmcrichmond,

Thank for the wonderful review, it made my day. I appreciate the acknowledgement of the staff and the great endorsement verses the other hotels you saw. It looks like you were able to enjoy the town, our resort, and our guest activities. I'm so glad that you had such a wonderful experience in Santa Fe.

We look forward to your next stay with us.

Detroit
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

I was there for 5 days off-season in early November. Pluses:
1. off-season rate was terrific ($150/night, with the $30/night "facilities charge" waived for my group -- the rack-rate shown on the placard behind the room's door shows $535/night -- probably for Indian Market days);
2. the location is very good -- 4 minute walk to the Plaza, and 4 minute walk to Canyon Road;
3. the grounds are lovely -- essentially, it's a conglomeration of little buildings, with one or two rooms in each, spread out over about 4-5 acres;
4. the staff are quite friendly;
5. free newspapers (NYT, WSJ, etc) to your room (even the Sunday NYT), and in the lobby by the fire (where there's free coffee in the morning, and lovely hot cider in the evening).

Negatives:
1. Room 167, where I stayed -- don't. 167 is below another room (169?), and the floor badly creaked if the person upstairs so much as breathed. Also, 167 shares a wall with a utility room, from which a droning machine made itself known non-stop. I had to close the bathroom door to sleep.
2. In-room safes -- the oddest, most-complex programming is required to get them to work -- and I'm a "techie".
3. Wifi -- completely unsecured, so don't do unprotected password logins while on it -- check out a free VPN service like Hotspot Shield, or Cloak (which I use). The signal was decent, but the front-end apparently is connected only thru something like a T1 line -- i.e., if several guests are using it, performance drops badly. Finally, their router unaccountable blocked SOME google-based domains -- e.g., reader.google.com
4. The restaurant -- there's some kind of kitchen renovation going on, resulting in a very limited dinner menu. In fact, the room-service menu is broader and better than the in-restaurant menu.

Room Tip: Try for the single-floor rooms; if you're in one of the fewer multi-floor buildings, go for the...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
BenTutt, General Manager at La Posada de Santa Fe, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa, responded to this review, November 29, 2012
Dear Vince P,

Thank you for the review and the good comments about the hotel and especially the staff. I appreciate the suggestions and observations you made. I wanted to give a few updates. On the Wifi side we are in the process of upgrading our system to make it faster and more secure. I do recommend your suggestions however for security. We will be switching to a ruckus system by year end ending any drop in performance with multiple users. On the kitchen we had to replace the roof and that limited the menus. I'm sorry if this caused any inconvenience.

If I can be of any assistance with a reservation in the future please feel free to reach out directly.

Ben Tutt

Been to La Posada de Santa Fe, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!