“Great place to stay during romantic getaway to Santa Fe, NM.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of La Posada de Santa Fe, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa

Save Saved
You added La Posada de Santa Fe, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa to your Saves list
La Posada de Santa Fe, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   330 East Palace Ave., Santa Fe, NM 87501   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #30 of 60 hotels in Santa Fe
Virginia
“Great place to stay during romantic getaway to Santa Fe, NM.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012 via mobile

La Posada de Santa Fe was a perfect place to stay during a romantic getaway to Santa Fe. Breakfast buffet was outstanding. Great location. Nice shuttle, but plenty within walking distance.

Enjoyed great dinners at Geronimo and Coyote Cafe.

• Stayed November 2012
BenTutt, General Manager at La Posada de Santa Fe, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa, responded to this review, November 7, 2012
Dear MarkVirginia,

So glad you were able to enjoy a romantic Getaway in Santa Fe. As you stated La Posada is close to everything and has the shuttle to get you to other locations. What I have always enjoyed is the ability to have a getaway on the property from your get away in Santa Fe. You also hit two great local restaurants that adds to a truly romantic Santa Fe experience.

Thank you for the review. We look forward to your next getaway with us.

389 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (148)
Richmond, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

We booked this trip online non-refundable before I read some of the reviews on tripadvisor, after reviewing I was a little worried. To my delight everything was wonderful at La Posada! From the moment we arrived everyone went out of their way to make sure we were pleased. The main building is beautiful, the first night we arrived they had a wine tasting, and we were able to interact with many of the other guests. The hotel does have the resort fee which at first we weren’t really happy about, but we felt it was worth it, included in that fee is valet parking, shuttle within 2 mile radius, wine and beer tastings, smores by the fire, and yoga classes. We had a nice quiet room in the back of the property; the bathroom looked like it was brand new, our beds were so comfortable and it was a very quiet resort. The location was excellent close enough in town, but not right on top everything and the “shuttle” (which actually are nice large sport utility vehicles) was a great way of getting around and we never had to wait for it. All the grounds were nice as well. The bar in the main building was a good place to have a night cap. I would definitely stay there again, we looked a number of other hotels in Santa Fe while we were there and we felt this was the best choice.

Room Tip: Ask for a renovated room.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
BenTutt, General Manager at La Posada de Santa Fe, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa, responded to this review, November 8, 2012
Dear tmcrichmond,

Thank for the wonderful review, it made my day. I appreciate the acknowledgement of the staff and the great endorsement verses the other hotels you saw. It looks like you were able to enjoy the town, our resort, and our guest activities. I'm so glad that you had such a wonderful experience in Santa Fe.

We look forward to your next stay with us.

Detroit
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

I was there for 5 days off-season in early November. Pluses:
1. off-season rate was terrific ($150/night, with the $30/night "facilities charge" waived for my group -- the rack-rate shown on the placard behind the room's door shows $535/night -- probably for Indian Market days);
2. the location is very good -- 4 minute walk to the Plaza, and 4 minute walk to Canyon Road;
3. the grounds are lovely -- essentially, it's a conglomeration of little buildings, with one or two rooms in each, spread out over about 4-5 acres;
4. the staff are quite friendly;
5. free newspapers (NYT, WSJ, etc) to your room (even the Sunday NYT), and in the lobby by the fire (where there's free coffee in the morning, and lovely hot cider in the evening).

Negatives:
1. Room 167, where I stayed -- don't. 167 is below another room (169?), and the floor badly creaked if the person upstairs so much as breathed. Also, 167 shares a wall with a utility room, from which a droning machine made itself known non-stop. I had to close the bathroom door to sleep.
2. In-room safes -- the oddest, most-complex programming is required to get them to work -- and I'm a "techie".
3. Wifi -- completely unsecured, so don't do unprotected password logins while on it -- check out a free VPN service like Hotspot Shield, or Cloak (which I use). The signal was decent, but the front-end apparently is connected only thru something like a T1 line -- i.e., if several guests are using it, performance drops badly. Finally, their router unaccountable blocked SOME google-based domains -- e.g., reader.google.com
4. The restaurant -- there's some kind of kitchen renovation going on, resulting in a very limited dinner menu. In fact, the room-service menu is broader and better than the in-restaurant menu.

Room Tip: Try for the single-floor rooms; if you're in one of the fewer multi-floor buildings, go for the...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
BenTutt, General Manager at La Posada de Santa Fe, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa, responded to this review, November 29, 2012
Dear Vince P,

Thank you for the review and the good comments about the hotel and especially the staff. I appreciate the suggestions and observations you made. I wanted to give a few updates. On the Wifi side we are in the process of upgrading our system to make it faster and more secure. I do recommend your suggestions however for security. We will be switching to a ruckus system by year end ending any drop in performance with multiple users. On the kitchen we had to replace the roof and that limited the menus. I'm sorry if this caused any inconvenience.

If I can be of any assistance with a reservation in the future please feel free to reach out directly.

Beaumont, TX
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

The minute I walked into La Posada I felt at home. The staff is exceptional and the first class service continued throughout my three day stay. The amenities in the public rooms are handsome and comfortable. My room was a smaller one in the back area and had obviously very recently been totally redone and could not have been nicer, except for the awful robes which were a major mistake possibly from the recent past management. They were truly awful but i just didn't use one. The group I was with are accustomed to first class accomodations and except for the infamous robes there were just no complaints. I loved walking through the lovely gardens with its fountains and outdoor fireplaces. It is an historic site and the bar inside the victorian era Staab home is delightful, cozy and comfortable. Even as a single lady, I felt comfortable stopping in for a drink. The art is very entertaining and for sale. The group had many outside activities (the shuttle service was a real boon) so didn't eat in at Fuego but breakfast each morning was excellent. The lobby lounge offered afternoon refreshments and entertainment most evenings. I didn't use the spa but several of my fellow travellers did and enjoyed it very much. On my next trip I will definitely stay at La Posada not only for its ambiance but for its location, service and value for the price. .

Room Tip: I had one of the simpler rooms but for quiet and comfort it suited me. Some of my friends (there we...
Dear Bmtame,

Thank you so much for the nice review. I appreciate the acknowledgement of the staff as they are the key to our great property. I'm glad you were able to enjoy the facility and that your group had such a good time. I'm sorry you didn't get to use the Spa but that will leave something for next time. I value the feedback on the robes as well. We had an issue with a defective order we received and have gone back to replace 100% of these. I’m sorry this inconvenienced you.

We look forward to your next visit.

Beaumont, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

What a great time! La Posada and their entire staff of friendly, happy, helpful managers, housekeeping, concierge, bellmen, restaurant, bar, everyone made our stay the best! The personal attention is what keeps bringing people back to La Posada - it's like staying in a personal home. Very convenient location, lovely accomodations, comfy beds, spotless, plenty of towels, quality toiletries, beuatiful grounds and terraces. The best coffee and hot chocolate. S'mores by the fire in the evening. Upbeat and festive atmosphere.
I highly recommend La Posada for your next visit to Santa Fe. After writing this I can't wait to return!

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a fireplace.
Dear vivi5,

Thank you so much for the wonderful review. I apologize for the delay in response but it appears my first response did not post. I appreciate the wonderful things that you said about the staff and it being like a personal home. We focus on being intimate and genuine while have fun doing our jobs. I'm glad this came across with your group.

If we can ever be of service with any future stay, please feel free to reach out directly.

Beaumont, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Back for my 8th stay at La Posada! I request a different room every time because I can be assured the experience will be unique but the service unwavering. From the charm of the small authentic casita or a multi-room suite, the attention of the staff and the historic depth of the main house creates a warmth like no other property in Santa Fe.
When I travel I do what the locals do. It is no wonder the locals come to enjoy the hotel bar and restaurant-it's like a second home.It will feel that way to you too!

Room Tip: If you are traveling with a small group-(depending on your needs) they can group you together in di...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Dear LDW55,

Thank you so much for the wonderful review. It is so nice to have our repeat guests back at their home away from home. I'm so glad that you enjoyed the experience and that your small group was able to be accommodated in one of our wonderful courtyard settings. With six acres and 26 different casitas it allows for many unique experiences.

We look forward to your next visit.

Austin, TX
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

I just returned from a relaxing weekend at La Posada. The staff was extremely helpful and welcoming. Our room with a king bed was a comfortable space with fireplace and private patio.

It is a serene, quiet and peaceful environment within an ideal walking distance from the Plaza center. On a dining note, I highly recommend walking a short 5 mintues to Pascuals for dinner and breakfast. Incredible food!

In the morning, we enjoyed sitting by the lobby fireplace, drinking apple cider and enjoying the newspaper. The hotel spa is terrific. I visited the eucalyptus steam shower and swimming pool daily. And Loretta was a fabulous massage therapist.

Overall, an enchanting stay at La Posada. I shall return again!

Dear Rosedorsey,

Ohh la la what a wonderful review! Thank you for taking the time to share your vacation experience with our other guests. I appreciate the acknowledgement of Loretta I will be sure to send my thanks to her for creating such a nice memory for you.

We look forward to your next stay.

General Manager.

Been to La Posada de Santa Fe, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!