“Great service in a quiet area two blocks of busy plaza” 5 of 5 stars
Review of La Posada de Santa Fe, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa

You added La Posada de Santa Fe, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa to your Saves list
La Posada de Santa Fe, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   330 East Palace Ave., Santa Fe, NM 87501   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #33 of 60 Hotels in Santa Fe
Tiburon
“Great service in a quiet area two blocks of busy plaza”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2012

The service at LaPosada was truly notable. Everyone greeted you with a smile and was very helpful. The hotel is conveniently located two blocks off the busy plaza in a quiet area of the town. The grounds are very interesting with sculpture to admire as you walk around the resort. The rooms are comfortable. My room was on the second floor and nice and bright. When planning a visit, definitely ask for a second story room to enjoy the light. I would definitely stay there on a future visit.

Room Tip: Request a second story room for brightness.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (193)
Seattle, Washington
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2012

I was in Santa Fe, NM for a wedding in early July. The location was selected by the bride and groom and since I was in the wedding party it made sense for me to stay at the La Posada. I reserved a room with a king size bed for approximately $330 dollars a night (room + tax + resort fee + parking), based on internet research of several sites with published rates this seemed to be a competitive rate. There were several positives to the hotel; the location was excellent in that you could walk to several sites (Palace of the Governors, the Loretto Chapel). I ate several meals at the restaurant in the courtyard and really enjoyed the food (breakfast and lunch); the food at the wedding was also very good. In regards to the room, the bathroom had great bath products and the shower had excellent water pressure.

However, beyond those elements I have little else positive to say about the hotel. My general concern was that for $330 dollars I expect a higher level of service. The valet was a frequent point of frustration, I waited 20-30 minutes for my car to be retrieved (with and without calling in advance), what made that even more frustrating is that most of the time my car was in the lot nearby and I could have walked to it in two minutes (some of the time I could see my car from where I was standing). The valets were frustrated and justified the poor service with the excuse that they were busy; knowing the number of rooms booked as well as the number of people attending the wedding should have helped them staff appropriately (based on my novice observations though, I don’t think the hotel was that busy).

The room was satisfactory for a Sheraton 4-Points or an older Marriott, slightly dated but comfortable for a 2-day stay. However, the pillows and sheets were of a poor quality. My pillow was almost completely flat when I would put my head down.

Upon checking out of the room I had some time before I had to head to the airport and wanted to explore the area. With my suitcase and laptop bag in tow, I headed to the lobby to look for a bellman. After a ten minute wait, I was able to flag down a valet. He recommended leaving my bag in a corner of the lobby and assured me it would be okay. I was shocked at the lack of common sense and frustrated that I need to explain to the bellman why I thought that was not a satisfactory solution. Seriously, this is basic stuff that the La Posada doesn’t even have right. The bellman acted put out for having to store my bags.

I send my parents a post card on most of my travels and was shocked at the penny pinching exhibited by the hotel around sending a post card. While I don’t expect the postage to be free, when staying at higher priced/quality locations most of the time upon presenting a post card to be mailed it is quickly taken from me without concern for the cost of postage. When I mailed a post card from the La Posada, I had already checked out of the room and the front desk took almost ten minutes to sell me the .32 cent stamp (no change). It’s not about the cost, but the experience. And in the end the post card never made it to my parents, I suspect it was misplaced at the hotel.

While waiting for my change for my postage stamp I was able to see several hotel folios that referenced name your own rates from Priceline. Given a substantial discount would be the only reason I would ever consider staying at this hotel.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Nashville, Tennessee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

Although we didn't choose to stay at this property specifically (thank you, Priceline), we were excited to experience what they had to offer. The first thing that we encountered is that the front desk staff apparently discriminates against priceline customers; upon trying to check in, we were told that our room wasn't ready yet (although the property did not appear full at all). After we asked again, the woman miraculously found a room which was, as expected, the smallest, least appointed room possible. We asked and received a slightly better room, but the experience soured our whole visit there. Overall, this place is just overrated with a snobby staff (except housekeeping) and facilities that are in no way worthy of a resort status. Would not recommend, since there are much better options just down the street.

Pros:
1. Nice area of Santa Fe in close proximity to shopping, hiking in the nearby mountains.
2. Grounds of property are large and spread out, making for nice strolls
3. Some rooms have fireplaces (kivas)
4. Wifi on property (included in resort fee-see below)

Cons:
1. Rooms are small and out of date.
2. Resort fee of $30/day is charged to everyone. Includes valet parking, which is forced on everyone.
3. Snobby front desk staff
4. Pool is tiny for a 'resort' with a property this large

Room Tip: There are better options
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

wonderful site and experience. staff was genuine in their efforts to make our stay a memorable one. hightly recommend from all point of view. 5 stars and more. close to the plaza and canyon road. patio was great for breakfast and lunch.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012 via mobile

We enjoyed our stay at La Posada so very much because of the service and hospitality displayed by everyone. The art work is simply amazing and it is everywhere... What a visual treat for the senses! And let's not forget the food, which was quite good. And you couldn't ask for a better location which is just a short walk to all the museums, shopping, etc.

• Stayed August 2012
Las Cruces, New Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

A beautiful hotel with luxurious grounds which provided a site close to the plaza, museums and shops. The manager, Eduardo Sampere, resolved issues with the original room assigned which was problematic. The staff we met in the 3 day visit were friendly, informative and professional. Restaurant options are excellent on site and this hotel is within walking distance of at least 15 wonderful, and highly recommended, eateries. The grounds provide great areas for resting, reading or wandering and the pool is beautiful. If you are going to spend more than 1 night, this is the ideal hotel.

Room Tip: Call ahead and be very definitive about what you need, i.e., 2 beds, quiet area, privacy.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Mount Shasta, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012 via mobile

We didn't check in until after 11:00pm and checked out at 11:00am, so we didn't get to spend much time at the property. The valet was kind enough to allow our daughters to swim even though the pool was closed after we checked in. Our room was a one bedroom suite with a very comfortable king size bed. There was a very small, uncomfortable pullout in the living room, so the girls ended up sleeping on the floor.
We did have excellent service from valet, check in and the bartender. Honestly couldn't have asked for a more helpful, accommodating staff. We were unaware of the hotels history until after we checked in and enjoyed learning about it.

Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Been to La Posada de Santa Fe, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!