You added La Posada de Santa Fe, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa to your Saves list
La Posada de Santa Fe, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa
Ranked #33 of 60 Hotels in Santa Fe
Albuquerque
“Magical”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2012

Our friend had booked us this hotel the night of my birthday and it was incredible. When we drove in they kindly explained that it was 100% valet. We checked in and the staff was more than friendly, they all greeted us with big smiled and made us feel at ease. The property is gorgeous, trees everywhere. I love the outdoors, camping, hiking that sort of thing, and my boyfriend loves comfort and luxury. Honestly staying here accommodated both of us very well. We sat outside for chips and salsa and some drinks, the staff remembered it was by birthday and asked how our night was going. We were well taken care of. The rooms are adorable, think of Hansel and Gretel, it’s like a small cute little cottage feel, with a southwest flare. They had robes and slippers on the bed with mints. The beds were so comfortable and we slept great.
And of course there always are a couple things to be mentioned; I wish the bathtubs were bigger, and maybe even the bathroom. We found out later that our dear friend who booked our room also ordered us breakfast the next morning and even called the night before to confirm… well they never came to our room! So someone on staff wasn’t on par. Other than that I appreciated our stay greatly.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
BenTutt, General Manager at La Posada de Santa Fe, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa, responded to this review, August 19, 2012
Dear Amanda C,

So glad that you enjoyed your Birthday with us and had a "magical" stay. I appreciate the time to do the review and the acknowledgements of the property.

Same time next year?

At your service,

Ben Tutt

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (191)
Austin, TX
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2012

Beautiful grounds, incredible pool bartender, great female concierge. We had a balcony deal which meant we got a room with a patio. We had a room just off the pool. We arrived and handed our rental off to the valet - a guy from Belgium who was very nice. Checked in quickly and were OFFERED help from the woman at the concierge desk. I don't think that has ever happened to me anywhere before. before. She was very nice, had some great hiking suggestions and then volunteered suggestions on food. Sadly, that was the last time we saw her. The other concierge was a man who studiously avoided catching my eye every time I saw him. He was never helping anyone else I saw either but he always looked super busy (?).
The room was nice, fireplace and a big bathroom. NO MOVIES. I really like curling up in bed and watching a movie when I am at a hotel - and at a place where I pay 400+ a night, I expect that. BIG disappointment.
The carpet was rucked up - as if it had been torn out and then simply pushed back into place. I set my brand new Carolina Herrera purse down beside the easy chair and when I picked it back up it was wet. I felt the carpet under and around the chair and it was soaking wet. The shower floor is dark with unwashable (I guess) grime. The patio was filthy - tree debris and dust and seriously uncomfortable chairs.
Breakfast was delicious. We had a package that covered breakfast except not really. They give you a certain amt of money ($40?) that doesn't actually cover the cost unless you're just getting an entree and no coffee or juice. This sounds like a pathetic thing to whine about - but the service is so strange....waiters are hovering every second. We could hardly get a word out to each other. We'd start a conversation and here would come a guy with coffee. rather than just indicating he could fill our coffee, we'd have to have a conversation about it. No sooner would he leave than another guy would show up with water and we'd have another conversation. One guy showed up and apparently felt he was required to make conversation, despite the fact that he had just interrupted our discussion. He visibly worked at coming up with a topic that might interest us (other than the upcoming election we had been discussing) and finally hit on hiking and wondered if we enjoyed that? We had breakfast there 3 days in a row - same experience every day. Every day we had the same waiter, slow and vaguely confused and unfathomably chatty. Got our order wrong every time. EVERY TIME.
The hotel is ALSO a country club of sorts. People who live near by pay to use the tiny pool and the spa. So be prepared for never getting a lounge by the pool.
The spa is really nice - I had an excellent facial. I made an appt for 30 minutes later. Went to my room, changed and went back and the girl at the front desk had no idea who I was. It has been 15 minutes. No, really.
We were gone all day Saturday, from 9 - 5. We had breakfast, went to tent rocks and then out to the Spanish Market and out for lunch and the strolled around the area. At 5 we went back to our room - no housekeeping. We were napping when at 5:30 the door was opened and a housekeeper started in. She was shocked to find us and asked if we didn't want housekeeping? I said well, we DID, but it is 5:30. So she walked back out. When we left again at 8 her cart was parked outside our door - we had to edge around it to get out. I guess that was the spot for leaving dirty dishes found in rooms, because the same 5 dirty glasses sat outside our room for two days. But when we came back the turn down person had been in and the room was picked up. There were HUGE weddings going on Friday and Saturday night on the property. Maybe that is why housekeeping was non-existent. Loud partying all night both nights, DJ music, etc.
It wasn't a bad stay. But it wasn't great and for 400+ a night I expect better. We really liked Santa Fe and will definitely go back, but will try a different place next time.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2012

As I mentioned in my first review of this property, no two rooms are alike and it matters where you are on the property. After I thought I had arranged a specific room type and location in March for my long weekend trip in July - I arrived to find I had a room in the parking lot. I was MORE than disappointed especially after noting how helpful the reservation staff was on this site to find there were no requests or notations in my record.

But the staff on site worked overtime to find a more suitable room. It took some 20 minute with 2 people trying to move things around but they did in fact find a better room. The staff are extremely helpful, friendly and accommodating not only at check in but through out our stay.

I would definitely return to this property but the room quality is a variable that cannot be managed with certainty.

One other issue that troubled some of us more than others was the air conditioner was somewhat noisy at night. This could be managed by adjusting the temp but then it was a bit stuffy.

Room Tip: Room location is everything at this property but they will not guarantee a specific room. Certainly...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012 via mobile

I read trip adviser before we went to La Posada. So my expectations were a little cautious.
First of all,esthetically it was a lovely property. we had a lovely room with a balcony and a very large bathroom After reading trip adviser I did call in advance to make sure We had a premium room.
Tom and Linda the concierge were amazing. Jennifer at the pool was friendly and attentive and make sure everyone had water all the time so they stayed hydrated.
Ben, that's where we met and talked to you as general manager you were warm friendly and we appreciate the time you took to talk to us.
Last but not least all of the staff , were polite and attentive and friendly.
Thank you La Posada we had a great time in New Mexico. we highly recommend your hotel and cannot find one negative to say .Arthur and Mindy from Detroit

• Stayed August 2012
Glenwood Springs, Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012

I live in Colorado and I wanted to bring my mom to Santa Fe for her bday. After researching different Santa Fe spas I decided to book at La Posada. I took my mom there for a birthday surprise - a spa day. When we pulled up to the valet stand we waited for at least 5 minutes until someone showed up to help us. It didn't seem all too busy at the time. When we walked into the spa, the concierge, was helping another guest. She seemed to be having a hard time with what the guest needed. So we had to wait again for quite a while. When she did help us she wasn't very professional. She didn't check us in or verify services we had scheduled. She just gave us robes and sent us to the locker room. I asked to pay right away so I wouldn't have to settle the bill in front of my mom. I didn't want her to know what I was spending since it was a gift. It was taking a while and she asked me to go wait for her elsewhere. She seemed confused about the pricing on the packages and how to charge it. She said she needed time to figure it all out. Services were good, we enjoyed them, and were really relaxed. At the end of the day another concierge, Nova, came to me. She had caught a mistake on my bill, informed me she refunded me a service charge that was supposed to be waived. She was very helpful and extremely nice. We left the spa and went to the valet stand to wait for our car, again, we waited a few minutes before being acknowledged. We waited for the valet to bring the car around. He pulled up the car, got out, and smacked the corner of the driver side door on the concrete step, chipping the paint on (my boyfriend's brand new car). Another worker pulled the door away from the step. He discreetly tried pointing it out to our valet who had brought the car out. When he told him what happened, our valet acted like he could care less. I still tipped him and told them it was a brand new car and that my boyfriend would be mad. At least the other guy who acknowledged what had happened, apologized to me. After spending the amount of money that I did there today, I unfortunately left disappointed. Valet service was poor, one spa concierge was poor, spa technicians and services were average. Not a 5 star experience for the price.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2012

My boyfriend and I stayed at La Posada for an extended weekend in July. We very pleased with our overall experience and would recommend it to any couple looking for a luxurious stay in the heart of Santa Fe. My key consideration is the cost, which is a bit on the high side.

Room - we were upgraded to a junior suite, which included an outdoor patio and the fireplace. The decor was just the right balance of a Native American/Southwestern themes and modern day amenities. The fireplace was a working fireplace, and included everything needed to start a fire (even for someone who rarely starts a fire). The bed was extremely comfortable, and the rooms were very spacious.

Facilities - the pool area is small, and at the time there were only a handful of chairs that were in the sun. The rest were in a shaded area by the trees. The woman who was managing the pool bar was a great addition to the experience. She constantly keeps herself busy- cleans the pool, provides each guest with ice cold water (and refreshes it if it you are low!), and is actively friendly and helpful without being overbearing.

Parking - Valet parking is included in the rate, and the guys in charge of operating that are friendly and considerate. You never had to wait more than 5 minutes, and this was while guests were arriving for a wedding on location.

Location - The hotel is a 15-20 minute ride from the airport. The drive from the airport is easy, and is pretty much a straight shoot for most of the drive. It is within a five minute walk from the Old Town, which is great if you want to have a few drinks at dinner or take a nice walk. I don't remember the exact paramaters, but within a certain distance, a complimentary shuttle service is available for guests to access the immediate area.

Food - Breakfast is fantastic, with a variety of options: both non with a southwestern twist and standard american fare. The weather was great during our stay, so we were lucky to dine on the patio during our meals. I didn't stay there for dinner (there are great restaurants in the Old Town). Room service was not as great as breakfast, with limited options.

You should know that there is an additional fee that is incorporated into your rate. It incorporates other amenities, which if you take advantage of, are great. We attended wine and cheese event, a chef's tasting event, and a smores session. These were really fabulous touches and made our stay more enjoyable.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Tijeras, New Mexico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2012 via mobile

The La Posada is a very nice hotel with lovely grounds, the room was clean and filled with Santa Fe charm. Staff was friendly and helpful.

Only problem was I felt that the weddings being held there were taking precedents over the hotel guests this happened with the valet service we had a special need for our vehicle and they were not very accomodating in filling that request, but they were prompt in bringing our vehicle out to us. Also we requested a wake up for two mornings and did not get it either day (possible phone problem in room 137).

All this being said it is worth a visit to the La Posada in Santa Fe.

• Stayed July 2012

Been to La Posada de Santa Fe, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!