“It was a fabulous experience” 5 of 5 stars
Review of La Posada de Santa Fe, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa

You added La Posada de Santa Fe, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa to your Saves list
La Posada de Santa Fe, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   330 East Palace Ave., Santa Fe, NM 87501   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #33 of 60 Hotels in Santa Fe
“It was a fabulous experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012 via mobile

I read trip adviser before we went to La Posada. So my expectations were a little cautious.
First of all,esthetically it was a lovely property. we had a lovely room with a balcony and a very large bathroom After reading trip adviser I did call in advance to make sure We had a premium room.
Tom and Linda the concierge were amazing. Jennifer at the pool was friendly and attentive and make sure everyone had water all the time so they stayed hydrated.
Ben, that's where we met and talked to you as general manager you were warm friendly and we appreciate the time you took to talk to us.
Last but not least all of the staff , were polite and attentive and friendly.
Thank you La Posada we had a great time in New Mexico. we highly recommend your hotel and cannot find one negative to say .Arthur and Mindy from Detroit

• Stayed August 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (189)
Glenwood Springs, Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012

I live in Colorado and I wanted to bring my mom to Santa Fe for her bday. After researching different Santa Fe spas I decided to book at La Posada. I took my mom there for a birthday surprise - a spa day. When we pulled up to the valet stand we waited for at least 5 minutes until someone showed up to help us. It didn't seem all too busy at the time. When we walked into the spa, the concierge, was helping another guest. She seemed to be having a hard time with what the guest needed. So we had to wait again for quite a while. When she did help us she wasn't very professional. She didn't check us in or verify services we had scheduled. She just gave us robes and sent us to the locker room. I asked to pay right away so I wouldn't have to settle the bill in front of my mom. I didn't want her to know what I was spending since it was a gift. It was taking a while and she asked me to go wait for her elsewhere. She seemed confused about the pricing on the packages and how to charge it. She said she needed time to figure it all out. Services were good, we enjoyed them, and were really relaxed. At the end of the day another concierge, Nova, came to me. She had caught a mistake on my bill, informed me she refunded me a service charge that was supposed to be waived. She was very helpful and extremely nice. We left the spa and went to the valet stand to wait for our car, again, we waited a few minutes before being acknowledged. We waited for the valet to bring the car around. He pulled up the car, got out, and smacked the corner of the driver side door on the concrete step, chipping the paint on (my boyfriend's brand new car). Another worker pulled the door away from the step. He discreetly tried pointing it out to our valet who had brought the car out. When he told him what happened, our valet acted like he could care less. I still tipped him and told them it was a brand new car and that my boyfriend would be mad. At least the other guy who acknowledged what had happened, apologized to me. After spending the amount of money that I did there today, I unfortunately left disappointed. Valet service was poor, one spa concierge was poor, spa technicians and services were average. Not a 5 star experience for the price.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2012

My boyfriend and I stayed at La Posada for an extended weekend in July. We very pleased with our overall experience and would recommend it to any couple looking for a luxurious stay in the heart of Santa Fe. My key consideration is the cost, which is a bit on the high side.

Room - we were upgraded to a junior suite, which included an outdoor patio and the fireplace. The decor was just the right balance of a Native American/Southwestern themes and modern day amenities. The fireplace was a working fireplace, and included everything needed to start a fire (even for someone who rarely starts a fire). The bed was extremely comfortable, and the rooms were very spacious.

Facilities - the pool area is small, and at the time there were only a handful of chairs that were in the sun. The rest were in a shaded area by the trees. The woman who was managing the pool bar was a great addition to the experience. She constantly keeps herself busy- cleans the pool, provides each guest with ice cold water (and refreshes it if it you are low!), and is actively friendly and helpful without being overbearing.

Parking - Valet parking is included in the rate, and the guys in charge of operating that are friendly and considerate. You never had to wait more than 5 minutes, and this was while guests were arriving for a wedding on location.

Location - The hotel is a 15-20 minute ride from the airport. The drive from the airport is easy, and is pretty much a straight shoot for most of the drive. It is within a five minute walk from the Old Town, which is great if you want to have a few drinks at dinner or take a nice walk. I don't remember the exact paramaters, but within a certain distance, a complimentary shuttle service is available for guests to access the immediate area.

Food - Breakfast is fantastic, with a variety of options: both non with a southwestern twist and standard american fare. The weather was great during our stay, so we were lucky to dine on the patio during our meals. I didn't stay there for dinner (there are great restaurants in the Old Town). Room service was not as great as breakfast, with limited options.

You should know that there is an additional fee that is incorporated into your rate. It incorporates other amenities, which if you take advantage of, are great. We attended wine and cheese event, a chef's tasting event, and a smores session. These were really fabulous touches and made our stay more enjoyable.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Tijeras, New Mexico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2012 via mobile

The La Posada is a very nice hotel with lovely grounds, the room was clean and filled with Santa Fe charm. Staff was friendly and helpful.

Only problem was I felt that the weddings being held there were taking precedents over the hotel guests this happened with the valet service we had a special need for our vehicle and they were not very accomodating in filling that request, but they were prompt in bringing our vehicle out to us. Also we requested a wake up for two mornings and did not get it either day (possible phone problem in room 137).

All this being said it is worth a visit to the La Posada in Santa Fe.

• Stayed July 2012
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2012 via mobile

I have never written a complaint letter to any establishment, but today I am close.

As a very frequent guest of la posada (15-30 nights a year) I would always looks forward to the charms of this beautiful property. My fiancé and I spent memorable days and weekends at the resort; often calling the desk just to request an additional night. Time and time again we would visit the restaurant, grab a cocktail in the bar and lay out by the pool without a problem to report.

As time wore on we began to notice a shift in the front desk staff and their level of service. (years ago a gentlemen left the front desk to our sadness. Years later I walked into another luxury resort and there he was! He greeted me by name and asked about details he had rembered from our small talk... a big loss for the la po). Perhaps the poor treatment is because I am young, or maybe they are just getting used to me, but I can say that we will probably never return. A woman who often checks us in will not even make eye contact with us anymore. And any time I come into town on a whim and call the resort, she seems bothered to take my reservation. This same woman (as noticed one night by our guests) often glares at us when we walk in to eat at Fuego. Once I presented her with my ID upon check in and she snapped "i know who you are". A guest in line behind us remarked "oh my god" under her breath. Another desk employee looked us up and down and said "you know how much our rooms cost, right?". I must say I am deeply saddened by the way we have been treated the last few times we have visited. Unfortunately I don't think the rest of the fantastic restaurant and bar staff, who greet us by name and provide the service we expect, will be enough to salvage our enjoyment for this place. We will be staying elsewhere from now on.

Service sells. Especially at the front of the house.

• Stayed July 2012
San Francisco, CA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012

This was my third stay here over the last four years. I want to like this place as the grounds are lovely, the location is great and many of the rooms are charming. But the experience falls short of the promise, and the pricing. Staff is inattentive, unconscientious and less than accommodating. When you book a room via an outside agency, as we did, you are made to feel second-class, assigned to the worst-located room and then, upon politely asking for a change, assigned to a second worst location. When reassigned, staff failed to re-deliver luggage as promised, and left a fruit-and-cheese tray with a letter to some other guest in the new room even as the fruit had begun to spoil. These seem like small things, but they've been a persistent occurrence on each visit and it's time for us to find a hotel in Santa Fe where service and attitude are in better balance with the aspirations and architecture. Also, the resort charge (higher than last year) just adds to the annoyance.

Room Tip: It is difficult to figure out which category gets you a good room - try to ask for one that is both...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Ponder
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012

My experience at La Posada was simply wonderful...the staff were all very friendly & helpful...the grounds were spotless & beautifully landscaped...the food was the 'best' I'd had in a long time...the art was lovely & the history of the hotel I find fascinating! All in all, I would highly recommend this hotel as a destination for everyone!!! L. McClendon

Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
BenTutt, General Manager at La Posada de Santa Fe, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa, responded to this review, July 31, 2012
Dear L. McClendon,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a lovely review. We appreciate you sharing your experience with others and your recommendations of the hotel.

We look forward to your return,

At your service,

Ben Tutt

Been to La Posada de Santa Fe, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!