“It's time to move on.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of La Posada de Santa Fe, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa

You added La Posada de Santa Fe, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa to your Saves list
La Posada de Santa Fe, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   330 East Palace Ave., Santa Fe, NM 87501   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #32 of 60 Hotels in Santa Fe
“It's time to move on.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2012 via mobile

I have never written a complaint letter to any establishment, but today I am close.

As a very frequent guest of la posada (15-30 nights a year) I would always looks forward to the charms of this beautiful property. My fiancé and I spent memorable days and weekends at the resort; often calling the desk just to request an additional night. Time and time again we would visit the restaurant, grab a cocktail in the bar and lay out by the pool without a problem to report.

As time wore on we began to notice a shift in the front desk staff and their level of service. (years ago a gentlemen left the front desk to our sadness. Years later I walked into another luxury resort and there he was! He greeted me by name and asked about details he had rembered from our small talk... a big loss for the la po). Perhaps the poor treatment is because I am young, or maybe they are just getting used to me, but I can say that we will probably never return. A woman who often checks us in will not even make eye contact with us anymore. And any time I come into town on a whim and call the resort, she seems bothered to take my reservation. This same woman (as noticed one night by our guests) often glares at us when we walk in to eat at Fuego. Once I presented her with my ID upon check in and she snapped "i know who you are". A guest in line behind us remarked "oh my god" under her breath. Another desk employee looked us up and down and said "you know how much our rooms cost, right?". I must say I am deeply saddened by the way we have been treated the last few times we have visited. Unfortunately I don't think the rest of the fantastic restaurant and bar staff, who greet us by name and provide the service we expect, will be enough to salvage our enjoyment for this place. We will be staying elsewhere from now on.

Service sells. Especially at the front of the house.

• Stayed July 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (198)
San Francisco, CA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012

This was my third stay here over the last four years. I want to like this place as the grounds are lovely, the location is great and many of the rooms are charming. But the experience falls short of the promise, and the pricing. Staff is inattentive, unconscientious and less than accommodating. When you book a room via an outside agency, as we did, you are made to feel second-class, assigned to the worst-located room and then, upon politely asking for a change, assigned to a second worst location. When reassigned, staff failed to re-deliver luggage as promised, and left a fruit-and-cheese tray with a letter to some other guest in the new room even as the fruit had begun to spoil. These seem like small things, but they've been a persistent occurrence on each visit and it's time for us to find a hotel in Santa Fe where service and attitude are in better balance with the aspirations and architecture. Also, the resort charge (higher than last year) just adds to the annoyance.

Room Tip: It is difficult to figure out which category gets you a good room - try to ask for one that is both...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Ponder
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012

My experience at La Posada was simply wonderful...the staff were all very friendly & helpful...the grounds were spotless & beautifully landscaped...the food was the 'best' I'd had in a long time...the art was lovely & the history of the hotel I find fascinating! All in all, I would highly recommend this hotel as a destination for everyone!!! L. McClendon

Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
BenTutt, General Manager at La Posada de Santa Fe, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa, responded to this review, July 31, 2012
Dear L. McClendon,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a lovely review. We appreciate you sharing your experience with others and your recommendations of the hotel.

We look forward to your return,

Oklahoma City
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2012

After an awful stay at another hotel near the plaza, my husband and I booked a night at La Posada. Guests services & valet parking was wonderful. Our "hotel" room was a super cute stucco adobe style community, almost felt like an apartment complex. Our room was tiny, but it worked for us. I will have to say, the bed was pretty uncomfortable for me! Tossing and turning a bit in the night. I'd suggest to bring your own pillow!

The room was was nicely displayed and organized. We ate dinner at the hotel and the waitstaff was wonderful and very friendly. The pool/hot tub area was amazing. They have a salt water pool which felt great on a warm, summer day. The woman working the pool area gave us water and served us yummy drinks. She was friendly and told us the history of Julie Staab, a woman who lived there. La Posada used to be a mansion, too!) It felt like it was a legit vacation. I'd love to return and stay there again!

It was so cute and quaint!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Karliafson,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of the hotel. I'm glad we were able to turn your stay around. I appreciate the acknowledgement of the location, staff and especially Jennifer from the pool, she takes he job of customer service very seriously. For future reference we do have several types of pillows available on request as well as bed boards in case the new beds are too soft.

We look forward to your return.

Beverly Hills, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012

What a sensational location for a hotel(resort) in Santa Fe. The service was super. The concierge which changed three times during the day was wonderful. They were extremely helpful in giving guidance and directions. The shuttle which is provide was useful to the restaurants on Canyon Road or during the day when walking to see all the art... Friendly and outgoing staff. The room was southwest decor. It was not only comfortable but quiet and the amenities were great. The spa was relaxing. The products used in the spa were wonderful and they were extremely knowledgeable about each product. The food was delicious and patio dining if you wanted. We however wanted air conditioning and that was great. The pool is lovely for an afternoon dip.All and all a wonderful relalxing resort in the middle of the hustle and bustle of santa fe plaza.

Room Tip: higher floors have no elevator however only two levels for rooms........
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Denise K,

Thank you for taking the time and writing such a lovely review. I appreciate the acknowledgement of the staff, facility, and especially the concierge. It seems you got around and got to enjoy all the resort has to offer.

We will look forward to your next visit.

Spicewood, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2012

We encountered several problems with our room at La Posada. The lock on the door and inside safe were broken. Our bathroom was very small and the towels needed to be replaced. We noticed the water fountain next to the patio seating was dirty and not working. The waiters seemed inexperienced and needed training. The afternoon wine tasting was a joke and the wine server was rude causing us to leave and find another place to have a glass of wine before dinner. We liked the quiet location and the feeling of not being in a hotel. The outside grounds and art throughout the property were very nice. Our concierge was helpful with great suggestions for the day and good directions as well as the front desk staff.

Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
BenTutt, General Manager at La Posada de Santa Fe, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa, responded to this review, July 23, 2012
Dear Number1green,

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. I'm always interested in the feedback and making our operation better. I appreciate the acknowledgement of the concierge, grounds and art program. Unfortunately, while you were here we lost the pump on our fountain and had to express a new one in. This ended up taking about five days. I have reviewed the other issues with the staff. A concern I have is I cannot determine the room for repair of the lock and safe. We have our Housekeeping team double checking these but if you have a moment I'd appreciate any follow-up you might have.

Please let me know if I can be of any assistance in the future.

505-954-9610
Cedarhurst, New York, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2012

We just got home from a fabulous vacation. The location of La Posada is perfect. The reception desk was very efficient, especially Justin. We made use of the shuttle service to various restaurants and Canyon Rd. The spa was wonderfully relaxing and I had a great massage. The concierge helped us select from the many restaurants in town and with various day trips we made..expecially the hike at Tent Rock Monument Park. We had an excellent dinner one evening at Fuego right in the hotel. It was perfect after spending the day out. Breakfasts out on the patio were delightful. I would definitely recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: We stayed in the junior suite...definitely nice.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
BenTutt, General Manager at La Posada de Santa Fe, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa, responded to this review, July 20, 2012
Dear Ellen B,

So nice to hear that you had such a good Santa Fe experience. It sounds like you did a great job of taking in the area attractions as well as just relaxing and enjoying the hotel.

We look forward to your return,

Ben Tutt

Been to La Posada de Santa Fe, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!