I have never written a complaint letter to any establishment, but today I am close.
As a very frequent guest of la posada (15-30 nights a year) I would always looks forward to the charms of this beautiful property. My fiancé and I spent memorable days and weekends at the resort; often calling the desk just to request an additional night. Time and time again we would visit the restaurant, grab a cocktail in the bar and lay out by the pool without a problem to report.
As time wore on we began to notice a shift in the front desk staff and their level of service. (years ago a gentlemen left the front desk to our sadness. Years later I walked into another luxury resort and there he was! He greeted me by name and asked about details he had rembered from our small talk... a big loss for the la po). Perhaps the poor treatment is because I am young, or maybe they are just getting used to me, but I can say that we will probably never return. A woman who often checks us in will not even make eye contact with us anymore. And any time I come into town on a whim and call the resort, she seems bothered to take my reservation. This same woman (as noticed one night by our guests) often glares at us when we walk in to eat at Fuego. Once I presented her with my ID upon check in and she snapped "i know who you are". A guest in line behind us remarked "oh my god" under her breath. Another desk employee looked us up and down and said "you know how much our rooms cost, right?". I must say I am deeply saddened by the way we have been treated the last few times we have visited. Unfortunately I don't think the rest of the fantastic restaurant and bar staff, who greet us by name and provide the service we expect, will be enough to salvage our enjoyment for this place. We will be staying elsewhere from now on.
Service sells. Especially at the front of the house.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- La Posada de Santa Fe, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa, is affiliated with Starwood Hotels and Resorts and participates in the SPG loyalty program. "The Art Hotel of Santa Fe", is a historic property and the only resort downtown. Nestled on six acres in the heart of Santa Fe, just steps from the historic Plaza and Canyon Road, La Posada is the ultimate destination for leisure and business travel with exquisite indoor and outdoor venues for groups, meetings, weddings, and social events. Discover a captivating blend of adobe-style architecture and local artwork, a year-round outdoor pool, exceptional spa, award-winning cuisine and genuine hospitality from our seasoned professionals. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, Starwood, Orbitz, Priceline, Despegar.com, getaroom.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Jetsetter and Tingo so you can book your La Posada de Santa Fe, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Posada De Santa Fe Hotel Santa Fe
- La Posada De Santa Fe Resort And Spa