“More than surpassed my expectations.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of La Posada de Santa Fe, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa

Save Saved
You added La Posada de Santa Fe, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa to your Saves list
La Posada de Santa Fe, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   330 East Palace Ave., Santa Fe, NM 87501   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #29 of 60 hotels in Santa Fe
Fond du Lac, Wisconsin
“More than surpassed my expectations.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2012 via mobile

I recently attended a trade association convention at the hotel. And although I knew La Posada was a very nice property I didn't expect such a great experience. The room was comfortable and clean. The food was excellent. And most importantly the staff was very friendly and accommodating. With all that going for it and only a short pleasent walk to the town square, La Posada will be where I stay on my next visit to Santa Fe.

Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
BenTutt, General Manager at La Posada de Santa Fe, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa, responded to this review, July 20, 2012
Dear Beisenbd,

Congratulation on the 8th year anniversary, I celebrated mine in April.

I'm glad you got the opportunity to get around the town as well as enjoy the offerings at the hotel. On the maid service we typically do service from 8:30am to 5:00pm. We do offer to do service at any time based on request.

I hope the rest of your trip was just as enjoyable. We look forward to your return to La Posada and Santa Fe.

396 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (151)
miami, fl
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2012

We stayed at La Posada in July 2012 for our 8th anniversary. We were between stops in Phoenix and Denver so the 92 degrees actually felt pretty nice compared to triple digits elsewhere. We loved everything about the resort, from check-in to departure. We stayed in a room with a queen sized bed that pretty much took up the whole room, but that made it all the more cozy. The "nightstands" were stucco built into the wall of the building, and there were beamed ceilings. The bathroom had a tub and was quite adequate. All the windows opened (which we did during the evening) and there was also air conditioning. We had breakfast at the hotel, on the outdoor patio, both mornings. Although the prices are quite high, the atmosphere on the patio in the warm morning sun was worth the price. We had dinner away from the resort all three nights. For those who are interested, the Blue Corn Cafe is a good sports bar; Los Petrillos is the best Mexican restaurant we have ever eaten in; and the Bull Ring is a lovely steak house in the center of town. Back to La Posada.....the room was very comfortable, and quiet. The outdoor pool is small (with a bar) and is very peaceful. One of the nicests features of the resort is they have a shuttle service to anywhere within a 2 mile radius. This allows you to get a ride (to and from) all the Canyon Rd. art galleries and Santa Fe plaza. People seemed to use the shuttle quite freely and it allows you to leave your car at the hotel. I had occasion to use the spa for massage one afternoon and found the spa to be very attractive, well supplied, and with a professional masseuse. The only thing we thought was odd is that they cleaned the room in the late afternoon. We weren't sure if they were cleaning others earlier in the day, but we had to ask the maids to clean ours both afternoons.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
BenTutt, General Manager at La Posada de Santa Fe, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa, responded to this review, July 31, 2012
Dear Beisenbd,

Congratulation on the 8th year anniversary, I celebrated mine in April.

Albuquerque, New Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2012

Last weekend we attended a wedding at La Posada that was absolutely beautiful. As with all weddings, there were a few hiccups, but the staff at La Posada was brilliant in their resolution of everything that came up. From supplying umbrellas to the seated guests during the brief storm to preparing a lovely meal, La Posada knows how to make a wedding special. In addition, our room was lovely and we couldn’t have asked for anything more from our stay.
S & O

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear SOS O,

I love the review. Weddings are great events and we do over 60 a year. I have to acknowledge David Stone who has been the front man on all weddings for the past 6 years. He is the wedding guru of Santa Fe and I have never seen anyone that does the job better. With his organization and our staff’s attention we seem to weather all the storms that come with these events.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2012

The rooms are styled understated and eclectic "old Santa Fe". We took advantage of the fireplace on a chilly evening. Just great! Friendly and helpful staff, clean and comfortable bed and bath. Great salt water pool and hot tub. We stayed there twice within 2 weeks, and both experiences were great.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
, General Manager at La Posada de Santa Fe, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa, responded to this review, July 6, 2012
Dear Orianarose,

Thank you for the wonderful review. I'm so glad that you got to enjoy one of our fireplace rooms with an old Santa Fe feel. We pride ourselves in being genuine with an intimate and friendly staff.

We look forward to your next visit.

Dallas, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2012

We were told our room was not ready when we arrived , so we were assured they would call us when ready. FIVE HOURS later, after wandering around Santa Fe ( the weather was lovely but I was getting pretty tired) we went back to the hotel and guess what-- the room had been ready they said for hours! No one took responsibility for the oversight--a recurring theme at every level at this hotel for the entire stay. We had booked a king with patio, spending the extra money so we could sit outside and enjoy the lovely grounds. I knew something was wrong when we went down a ramp to the room which was a HANDICAPPED room. Further, the carpet was very dirty with obvious large stains. When I called and talked to the front desk manager, Eduardo, I got a condescending response. We were taken to another room right next to the pool. When I expressed concern about possible late night pool noise, I was assured after 10 pm the security guard made sure no one was out there. Guess what, both nights LOUD folks were in the pool until 12 midnight at least and no one fixed that. Two weddings also were held at the hotel, in the evenings and these took over most of the lovely garden area so we were not allowed there. Our room was near the ballroom where a very loud band played with all the doors open. The guests were loud until 1:00 in the am. At this point, I just gave up and husband and I just used ear plugs. The breakfast was delicious but on both days was not hot. At checkout, the bill was all wrong --I had been charged for an Art package I never knew about and this took 20 minutes to get straight. Jerry, one of the car parkers/ etc was a joy--he should give lessons on service and attitude to the rest of the staff, who are imperious and somehow always seem to blame the customer. Alas, I won't be back--the lovely grounds and the beautiful art on the walls do not make up for the pervasive shortcomings. Such a shame--I always loved this place.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
, General Manager at La Posada de Santa Fe, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa, responded to this review, July 4, 2012
Dear Rosemary m,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. My apologies for the issues that you experiences. I would love to talk with you personally as I value the feedback especially from repeat guests. I am aware of this situations and went reviewed the room personally with our housekeeping manager. We have steam cleaned the room. I have reviewed the noise issue with our security team. Finally, I thanked Jerry for his great effort in making a difference and being remembered by you.

505-954-9610
Los Angeles, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2012

I've stayed here many times. There are a few really nice suites, the rest are lacking. The grounds are pretty, and the communal rooms, once part of a private mansion, are beautiful. Exceptional really. But the service is not very good, though still pretentious, both in the hotel and in the restaurant. And the bad attitude goes all the way to the top. I brought my parents and we waited over an hour for a simple breakfast, which the staff got wrong and brought cold. On top of the already high room rates they add another exorbitant fee for your auto. Unlike almost every other property in SF, no dogs. And sometimes the cleaning crew forgets to clean the room before you check in. But if you get the right suite, the hotel is memorable.

Room Tip: Have to have a two room suite or forget it!
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Dear jkaHD,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am very concerned with the comments as our staff and there attitude is usually what makes the difference in someone’s stay. You mention that the staff was pretentious. If you have time I would love to talk with you about this as it is definitely not the attitude we promote at the hotel. We promote people having fun and being genuine and intimate. You mention we do not allow dogs. We do allow dogs and I would be interested to know where you got this information. We actual have a pet package and dog biscuits at the concierge and on our patio where dogs are welcome to join their owners for a meal. We even have a pot belly pig named Elvis that’s a regular. There is an inspection program that all arriving rooms have a supervisor inspect them. I would like to be able to track this arrive so I can determine what happened with your room so it does not happen again.

Again, I appreciate the feedback and would enjoy the opportunity to speak with you to insure that your next stay with us is perfect in the perfect room. My apologies for the inconveniences that you experienced while on property.

505-954-9610
Edmond, Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2012

Two week ago had a "Girls get-a-way" for 3 nights at this unique quite resort. The friendly obliging staff really made this resort worth our stay. The registration girl offered me three rooms to choose from & personally took me to the one I really wanted to stay-2 patios-one off the
front door- 2nd patio off bedroom in a 2nd floor suite. The room was not one of the ones that had been redone yet but the living area was Southwest style--a little older than I liked but the bedroom & bath were large. Cannot say enough about the staff-from registration, bell man, valet, hot breakfast server in our room ,patio staff--all were always there to accomdate you with whatever & always a smile. Did not get to experience the spa-to much shopping & eating to be done. The room was very clean & walking distance to square. I want to bring my husband next time to enjoy this peaceful relaxing resort.

Room Tip: Location,location for quite room.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Bonnie,

Thank you for the great review. I'm so glad you enjoyed a Girls get-away with us. This is a great city for it. As with many of our review I appreciate the acknowledgement of our staff. They do a great job and deserve all the credit.

If I can be of service with any future stay for you and your husband please let me know.

Ben Tutt

Been to La Posada de Santa Fe, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!