We were told our room was not ready when we arrived , so we were assured they would call us when ready. FIVE HOURS later, after wandering around Santa Fe ( the weather was lovely but I was getting pretty tired) we went back to the hotel and guess what-- the room had been ready they said for hours! No one took responsibility for the oversight--a recurring theme at every level at this hotel for the entire stay. We had booked a king with patio, spending the extra money so we could sit outside and enjoy the lovely grounds. I knew something was wrong when we went down a ramp to the room which was a HANDICAPPED room. Further, the carpet was very dirty with obvious large stains. When I called and talked to the front desk manager, Eduardo, I got a condescending response. We were taken to another room right next to the pool. When I expressed concern about possible late night pool noise, I was assured after 10 pm the security guard made sure no one was out there. Guess what, both nights LOUD folks were in the pool until 12 midnight at least and no one fixed that. Two weddings also were held at the hotel, in the evenings and these took over most of the lovely garden area so we were not allowed there. Our room was near the ballroom where a very loud band played with all the doors open. The guests were loud until 1:00 in the am. At this point, I just gave up and husband and I just used ear plugs. The breakfast was delicious but on both days was not hot. At checkout, the bill was all wrong --I had been charged for an Art package I never knew about and this took 20 minutes to get straight. Jerry, one of the car parkers/ etc was a joy--he should give lessons on service and attitude to the rest of the staff, who are imperious and somehow always seem to blame the customer. Alas, I won't be back--the lovely grounds and the beautiful art on the walls do not make up for the pervasive shortcomings. Such a shame--I always loved this place.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- La Posada de Santa Fe, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa, is affiliated with Starwood Hotels and Resorts and participates in the SPG loyalty program. "The Art Hotel of Santa Fe", is a historic property and the only resort downtown. Nestled on six acres in the heart of Santa Fe, just steps from the historic Plaza and Canyon Road, La Posada is the ultimate destination for leisure and business travel with exquisite indoor and outdoor venues for groups, meetings, weddings, and social events. Discover a captivating blend of adobe-style architecture and local artwork, a year-round outdoor pool, exceptional spa, award-winning cuisine and genuine hospitality from our seasoned professionals. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, getaroom.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Tingo and Jetsetter so you can book your La Posada de Santa Fe, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Posada De Santa Fe Hotel Santa Fe
- La Posada De Santa Fe Resort And Spa