I really tried to like this place as they have many great employees who go the extra mile to please, but--- overall---- not sure I can recommend La Posada for a truly ultimate experience.
First off, this is no longer a Rock Resort property. The only other Rock Resort at which I stayed was head and shoulders above this place.
There are no inside hallways. Each unit has its own exterior entrance giving the property a kind of bungalow-upon-bungalow feel, and there are all shapes and sizes of rooms and suites. The web site would lead you to think the is more uniformity within each room category, but there is not. I strongly urge you to go see the room first upon arrival and make are it is to your liking before having our bags delivered there. Most of the members in our small group were disappointed by their initial room assignments and were offered alternatives.
If you're there in warmer months, I suggest getting a room with a patio or deck (not all have one). Conversely, in colder months, be sure to set a room with a fireplace(not all have one).
There is no parking for guests on the property and you must use their valet service (charged to your room).
It took at least twenty minutes each day to get ice delivered (there are no machines for guests to grab ice for themselves). Rooms do not have mini bars.
You may not need a rental car for your stay as the resort does offer free transport (until 11pm) for anything within a two mile radius.
Great place nearby to watch the sunset: there's a park sitting high stop a hill (Hillside Park) just a short hike from the property. In warmer months, La Fonda has a tower perfect for seeing the horizon, and that's just a few blocks away.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- La Posada de Santa Fe, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa, is affiliated with Starwood Hotels and Resorts and participates in the SPG loyalty program. "The Art Hotel of Santa Fe", is a historic property and the only resort downtown. Nestled on six acres in the heart of Santa Fe, just steps from the historic Plaza and Canyon Road, La Posada is the ultimate destination for leisure and business travel with exquisite indoor and outdoor venues for groups, meetings, weddings, and social events. Discover a captivating blend of adobe-style architecture and local artwork, a year-round outdoor pool, exceptional spa, award-winning cuisine and genuine hospitality from our seasoned professionals. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Jetsetter, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Starwood, getaroom.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your La Posada de Santa Fe, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Posada De Santa Fe Resort And Spa
- La Posada De Santa Fe Hotel Santa Fe