This was our third stay at what has become our favorite spot in Santa Fe, and we’re already planning a fourth! Our visits to La Posada de Santa Fe become better and better each time, although when we’re there we always say, “Life doesn’t get any better than this!” This time we went in the third week of March, which was delightful - just the beginning of spring and no crowds with which to contend. It felt as if we had the beautiful city of Santa Fe all to ourselves, and we were La Posada’s special guests.
The super deluxe service we’ve come to expect is still in place from the prompt and efficient check-in service to the quick arrival of our luggage in our room by a smiling valet who knew the answers to our questions. Our room again was lovely, tastefully done in Southwestern decor with a flat screen TV, comfortable leather arm chair, desk for the laptop, mini bar, coffee server, and king size bed with four downy pillows. Nothing was overlooked from roomy closet to safe to ironing board and iron. The bathroom area was commodious with a wide sink counter providing plenty of room for two plus all of our accoutrements. AND, the amenities - Frette towels, plus delicious body lotion, conditioner, shampoo, and mouth wash. Yes, even a magnifying mirror. All the comforts of home without having to tidy up!
Breakfast was a delight - everything from Huevos Rancheros to pancakes to granola. We spent several evenings in the delightful Staab House Lounge where both drinks and dinner may be served. There is often live entertainment in the Lounge, so fun and relaxing. Dress throughout the Resort is always casual, comfortable.
There’s a Business Center available with computers and printer, plus a shuttle service providing rides into downtown Santa Fe and pick-up when called. This service is on a first come first served basis, but we never waited longer than 10 minutes either way. A newspaper of your choice is delivered to your room each morning, and other papers are available in the main lounge area.
La Posada has an on-site curator and displays over $1 million of original art works throughout the Resort’s public spaces and guest rooms. What an experience to stroll throughout while admiring this magnificent collection of art! Pops of color greet you around corners just as sunlit landscapes draw your eye.
Cannot say enough good things about the staff who were always friendly, ready to help if wanted and never intrusive. For example, one evening Fuego, the main dining room, was closed for a private party. The concierge went out of his way to learn what kind of food we enjoyed, then recommended a restaurant, made our dinner reservation, and even offered the shuttle to take us and pick us up. That’s just one example of the care and concern shown to this Resort’s guests - our comfort and enjoyment always seemed to be the staff’s #1 priority.
We cannot say enough good things about La Posada de Santa Fe! We’ve just enjoyed another 5 star stay and we’re looking forward to the next one.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- La Posada de Santa Fe, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa, is affiliated with Starwood Hotels and Resorts and participates in the SPG loyalty program. "The Art Hotel of Santa Fe", is a historic property and the only resort downtown. Nestled on six acres in the heart of Santa Fe, just steps from the historic Plaza and Canyon Road, La Posada is the ultimate destination for leisure and business travel with exquisite indoor and outdoor venues for groups, meetings, weddings, and social events. Discover a captivating blend of adobe-style architecture and local artwork, a year-round outdoor pool, exceptional spa, award-winning cuisine and genuine hospitality from our seasoned professionals. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, getaroom.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Jetsetter and Tingo so you can book your La Posada de Santa Fe, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Posada De Santa Fe Hotel Santa Fe
- La Posada De Santa Fe Resort And Spa