“Not worth the money” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #19 of 43 Santa Fe B&B and Inns
Dallas
“Not worth the money”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2010

The room was old and worn. Needs to be refurbished. Not like the picture on website. No coffee carafe for coffee pot. Hot water knob in bath fell off everytime you turned it on/off. Wall in the bathroom crumbling. Cabinet in bathroom hinge broken. Mirrored doors to closet did not slide easily on rail; very difficult to open/close. No remote for TV. Front desk brought 2nd remote that still didn't work. Pillows old and uncomfortable. Front desk gave us the wrong key to our room, so we were locked out upon returning from the town....snowing and cold....had to wait outside for 30minutes for someone to let us in. The front office closed early and no one available.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (223)
Burnaby, B.C.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2010

My friends and I enjoyed our stay very much.
The accommodation was clean and quiet and cozy.
The decor was lovely and the rooms spacious ( 3 bedrooms, 3 baths, living room, dining room, kitchen). We were able to eat in which was relaxing and homey.
The hotel itself was affordable and the staff were extremely pleasant and helpful and made
us feel welcome.
I would happily return for a visit and would not hesitate to recommend Las Palomas to my friends.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with friends
Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2010

Adorable Inn very close to the Plaza. I arrived late and they had everything waiting and ready for me. I loved the room and the brick path taking me to it!

The continental breakfast the next morning was so much more than that. Fresh homemade waffles and made to order espresso drinks along with bagels, cereal, fruit and more!

I travel to Santa Fe four or five times a year and this lovely Inn is my new favorite place to be.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled solo
Boston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2010

I really enjoyed my stay at Las Palomas, Santa Fe. The room was super comfortable and tastefully decorated. Soft compfy bed, clean as a whistle bath, nice little kitchenette, spacious, and overal very pleasant. The set up is a bit unique as it is like a little complex of buildings and not the usual boring brick and mortar hotel. All of the staff were freindly and helpful. The warm cookies at reception were delicious and the complimentary breakfast had a wide variety of items to choose from. The location was really good as well, walking distance from the plaza but on a quiet street. I have visited Santa Fe on several occassions and stayed at several places, I really enjoyed my stay at Las Palomas and recommend it.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled solo
New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2010

My partner and I stayed at Las Palomas twice during the opera season. A perfect romantic getaway. The staff were extremely helpful and welcoming. The rooms were full of character and the beds were extra comfy. Breakfast was tasty and very generous. LOVE the waffles. It is worth every penny to stay at Las Palomas. Once you stay at Las Palomas, you will understand why New Mexico is called the Land of Enchantment. Have recommended to friends.”

• Stayed July 2007, traveled as a couple
colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2010

I have been traveling for 9 months straight, My wife and I enjoyed every minute at
Las palomas and definetly will return, The breakfast was wonderful with waffles and cappachino's, The room we were in was a pueblo style, we were informed that the building is around 200 yrs old and talk about charm, obviously been renovated since 200 yrs but they have done there best to keep it as original as they could. The staff is wonderfull as well always willing to help us with reservations and directions even the night clerk Laura I believe made us a cappichino at 6 or 7 at night even though they generaly only do that at breakfast. We stayed there for 4 nights and everyone we had the chance too talk to enjoyed Las Palomas, We even went out to eat with another couple staying there and since have made permanent friends and have decided to meet next year with the other couple at Las Palomas. Again we highly recommend Las Palomas.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
dc
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2010

Good location and great price. Kiva fireplace adds to ambiance of the room. Hot tub and sauna were refreshing. Warm cookies were delicious and the bluberry waffles were so good I had to have two. Studio has kitchenette with fridge and microwave. Rooms in Pueblo were near hot tub and authentic new mexican style. Don't let the staff talk you into an upgrade because the studio rooms are adequate.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled on business

Been to Las Palomas Inn Santa Fe? Share your experiences!