“Nice Hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #21 of 60 Hotels in Santa Fe
Phoenix, Arizona
“Nice Hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2014

This was a nice hotel but a bit pricey in my opinion. $179/night. They don't have any breakfast included for that price and they also charge an additional $8/night to park your car. They state they are on the plaza but they are really about 2 blocks from the plaza. But it's a nice easy walk. The hotel was clean and the bathroom and bedroom were spacious. Their front desk staff were very nice and very helpful. I asked them for a few restaurant recommendations and they were all great places to eat.
I gave the breakfast 1 star because it wasn't offered as part of the price. We did not eat at the hotel.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Marcella-Vega, Front Office Manager at Hilton Santa Fe Historic Plaza, responded to this review, June 6, 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent stay at the Hilton Santa Fe Historic Plaza. We appreciate all of your feedback and comments and have shared them with our hotel staff, as this allows us to improve our services for you, our loyal guest. We look forward to hosting you again in the near future

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (124)
Charlotte, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2014

The staff at the Hilton Santa Fe were the best. Great care and service. The room was well appointed and spotlessly clean. The breakfast was good too - if you get the full buffet and not just the continental. But, the continental did have smoked salmon which was a nice surprise. Easy walking to everywhere fun in Santa Fe.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thank you so much for your comments; we truly appreciate all of your feedback. I am pleased that you enjoyed the Breakfast services provided by the hotel .We hope you will consider staying with us in the future
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2014 via mobile

Super location in the historic area. We showed up, parked our car and never touched it again.

Good sized rooms. Very clean. Staff was friendly and quite helpful. The executive lounge was worth the upgrade. Frig was full of water, pop. Snacks were plentiful.

Next time in Santa Fe I will return.

Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on TripAdvisor after your recent stay with us. We appreciate all of your feedback and comments and have shared them with our hotel staff, as this allows us to improve our services for you, our loyal guest. We look forward to hosting you again in the near future
Plano, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2014

I am Hilton Gold Member (there are Blue, Silver, Gold and Diamond). I usually stay in Hiltons all around the world, usually clean hotels, great service, and some of their locations are top notch. Well..... I made a reservation for one of the most expensive rooms at this Hilton, called Casitas. At the time of making the reservation, I stated that we were going to be 3 guests, my wife, my 7 years old son and myself. I asked for a rollaway for my son, and we asked for late check-in (we arrived around 10 PM, enough time to clean the room.....). When we arrived to the hotel, usual process, check in and walk to the casita. As soon as we open the door, we found dirt in the carpet, a couple of empty bottles of sodas, and the list goes on. But this is not the reason why I am stating "The Worst Hilton ever", no matter the fact that I shared with them about 3 passengers, there was no bed for my son. These casitas have a bedroom, living room, dining room, a lot of space to put a bed. I went to the front desk, and the useless lady (very rude) told us "we do not have rollaways, and we do not have any place for your son to sleep other than sleep in the couch" -and the couch was not the one that you can convert to a bed. At this point in time I lost it, no matter how much we argue with her, she did not care. Please Hilton, do something about this person ! her name is Marcella Vega, do not have her dealing with customers. Anyway, we went back to the Casitas, few minutes after we arrived back, they sent a housekeeper to clean the room and the fun part.... she came with bed sheets for the couch, telling us that one has to sleep in the couch, only solution (again , a 500$/day room). The housekeeper did not even try to put the sheets in the couch, she left us to do it. Of course we did not stay there, we left the hotel and found a Rosewood near by (see my review about the Rosewood). Hilton, how you keep people like the ones running this facility ?

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience about your recent stay at our hotel. We sincerely appreciate your feedback and we’re very sorry you were unhappy with our guest rooms. I am so sorry you found your Casita unacceptable. I can assure you that is not the standard in our hotel. We work hard to make sure our housekeepers keep each and every guest room and bathroom clean; my apologies.Your satisfaction is very important to us and we try hard to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding stay. Thank you again for your feedback and we hope you will consider staying with us again.
Ambler, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2014

This is a nice but unexceptional property in a superb central location. Pleasant southwestern theme, nice pool, plenty of free parking. Room is big enough and not too far, bathroom good. It's a fairly good bet for the price (<$175).
The property suffers from a general lack of investment: the beds are older and sag some, the conference room seating is cheap and uncomfortable, and they are always short-staffed at front desk, morning or evening. Food is very ordinary and the bar closes at 10pm!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience about your recent stay at our hotel. We sincerely appreciate your feedback and we’re very sorry you were unhappy with our guest beds. Our Executive Team is reviewing your comments to ensure they are used to improve our guest's experience. We hope you will consider staying with us in the future.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2014

First the positive, location, location, location! felt very safe.
everything is within walking distance, the railyard district, Museums, Restaurants, Churches, etc.
there is water in the lobby all day, with lemon and with oranges, Business office opened 24 hours with 2 computers.

We arrived on Friday during an electrical storm, having just driven through the torrential rain happy to finally be at my vacation destination. I went in to check in and informed due to power outage I would be taken to Buffalo Thunder Casino, actually what I was told was "Leave NOW" .There was mass confusion, no back up power , guests were being sent out of hotel , only to be met by another electrical storm. I asked if we could stay in lobby till storm blew over and was told that it was against the law, too dangerous, codes, blah, blah, blah.
Out in storm in front of hotel met two employees, one employee was sneaking a cigarette the other was giving directions to the mall around the corner that did have electricity.
Once again I was told there was a van that would take me to Buffalo Thunder Casino.

I made my reservation for this hotel in February, due to its location and based on reviews from Trip advisor. I was so dishearten upon arrival. I should have called another hotel and walked.
But I am a Hilton Honors member, I booked my entire vacation with Hilton Brand, I so wanted this to be my Dream Vacation.

Around 8 we called the hotel and power had been restored. Again I went to check in and was met by several employees at the desk. I was not greeted as a Hilton Honors member, I was given room 127, wait I said, I emailed the manager and specifically asked to be on upper floor. there are only 3 floors, (see other reviews about the bottom floor) Carlos said oh no you don't want to be on 3rd floor, I want to put you on 2nd floor, handed me only the keys and directed us to elevator, after realizing we were already on the correct floor exited the elevator and proceeded to our room.

The room was very clean, the beds were adequate not as comfortable as the Hampton Inns we stayed prior to Hilton, the sheets were nice but the duvet comforter was heavy duty poly and not very comfortable. They do not use fitted sheets on the bottom so constantly waking up in wad of sheets. The bed consists of 1 flat sheet at bottom that does not cover the end of mattress, yuck! 1 flat sheet on top and duvet cover. There was a blanket in the closet, which by the way is in the bathroom.

The bathroom was large and well lit, very clean. The water pressure was not very good nor was there enough hot water. It was a holiday weekend so could be too many guests ?

The Hotel runs the heater all day, it has the smell of burnt air, I had to keep the air on 64 to keep the room cool, and had to adjust it at night down to 60 to sleep but it was still very stagnant.

The outside noise was minimal, but hallway corridors very noisy, doors had to be slammed to shut and the toilets were loud! yes horribly loud. We were constantly awakened by neighbors trying to shut the doors and late night toilet flushes. The refrigerator in the room makes a whirring noise and had to be turned off to sleep.

If you want coffee in the morning you need to get up between 4:30 to 6:30, I wasn't told this when I arrived, the free coffee is not very hot but was told they provide for the Europeans guests because of time difference. The Coffee shop opens at 6:00 if you want to purchase Starbucks.
there was a problem with door keys not working and internet connections as well.

We stayed 5 nights and throughout our stay observed many complications being handled by various employees, although very quick with apologies , the employees are accommodating but not overly friendly.

To Sum up the stay, Great location, safe and very clean rooms, but NOISY, HOT and way too expensive. Stay at a quaint B-n-B , or Eldorado next door, where the employees are very friendly and if you need to rent a car while you are in Santa Fe see James at the El Dorado, Hertz desk.

Room Tip: you definitely want to stay on 3rd floor if you choose to stay here.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience about your recent stay at our hotel. we would like to apologize for the inconveniences that you experienced. This is not the level of service that we deliver to our guests.We apologize we were not able to provide you with the quality of services you deserve. This is uncharacteristic of our hotel and staff, and we are always looking for ways to improve our customer experience. Your satisfaction is very important to us and we try hard to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding stay. Thank you again for your feedback and we hope you will consider staying with us again
Lubbock, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2014

Ordered surprise strawberries and champagne to be in the room when we arrived or shortly after and it was delivered late in the evening. The promise maker is the not the promise keeper. Had to ask three times for a delivery. Hallways very loud and A/C was sluggish and hot tub was not filled.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience about your recent stay at our hotel. We appreciate all of your feedback and comments and have shared them with our hotel staff, as this allows us to improve our services for you, our loyal guest. We look forward to hosting you again in the near future

Been to Hilton Santa Fe Historic Plaza? Share your experiences!