“Beyond the Call of Duty” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
O'Keefe Museum Package
Ranked #20 of 60 Hotels in Santa Fe
Snellville, Georgia, United States
“Beyond the Call of Duty”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2014

I recently stayed in the Hilton Santa Fe as part of an art tour in Northern New Mexico. Seeing that I had a long wait for the shuttle (not Hilton's shuttle) to take me back to the airport in Albuquerque, a kind Hilton employee noticed me and went out of his way to cross the street and bring me a cup of water. How welcome it was! I had been wishing for one, but was surrounded by luggage and was afraid I would miss the shuttle if I left my spot. Thanks Hilton, from a 76 year grandma.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Marcella-Vega, Front Office Manager at Hilton Santa Fe Historic Plaza, responded to this review, April 23, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on TripAdvisor after your recent stay with us. I am pleased to hear you found the hospitality of the hotel staff to your liking. We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the not too distant future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (122)
wichita, kansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2014

Location is excellent. We got here and got tons if help and information at check in from the staff at the desk. Really helpful!!! From the hotel all of Santa Fe is do-able in foot. We enjoyed the heated pool and hot tub at the end of the day. Dinner at the El Canon bar was delicious, but what made the dinner special was our waiter, his friendliness and our conversations with him made the evening very personable ! All in all a great day in Santa Fe, if I get to come back I wouldn't try any other place but come right back to the hilton !

• Stayed April 2014
Thank you so much for your comments; we truly appreciate all of your feedback. I am pleased that you enjoyed the service provided by the hotel. We have shared your comments with our staff and we look forward to hosting you again in the near future
Santa Fe, New Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2014

We had company visiting recently and they spent a couple of days at the Hilton in town. We were very impressed with the newly refurbished facilities, and the service throughout the hotel was excellent. Kudos to Perry at the front desk who goes the extra mile to make sure guests are happy. Also, the staff in the dining area are friendly and helpful. There are lots of great places to stay in Santa Fe, but with reasonable rates and a good location, the Hilton should not be overlooked.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Thank you for all of your comment. We appreciate all of your feedback and have shared it with our hotel staff.
We look forward to hosting you again soon at the Hilton Santa Fe Historic Plaza
Ridgecrest, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2014

On a first time visit to Santa Fe I stayed here largely because of my Hilton Honors status, but in the end I felt i had made a good choice, regardless of status. The staff was very efficient and friendly. it is an easy walk to the Plaza and to many outstanding restaurants. The room was clean, comfortable and quiet, always nice. If I return to Santa Fe I'll stay here again.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
Marcella-Vega, Front Office Manager at Hilton Santa Fe Historic Plaza, responded to this review, April 16, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on TripAdvisor after your recent stay with us.. I am pleased to hear you found the comfort and cleanliness of your room to your liking. We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the not too distant future.
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2014

Spent a night here randomly on the way to Phoenix. Service was excellent, room was spacious, clean and very affordable for the area. We have stayed at many Hilton properties and I must say, this one is right at the top of my list. The only negative comment would be, coffee was not available in the morning for guests, and it was $2.00 a cup because it was Starbucks.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on TripAdvisor after your recent stay with us. We appreciate all of your feedback and comments and have shared them with our hotel staff, as this allows us to improve our services for you, our loyal guest. We look forward to hosting you again in the near future.
Braintree, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2014

My wife and I recently stayed here on our 10 year wedding anniversary from the UK. On arrival everything was great ,we double checked we had nothing to pay as everything for our trip was booked and payed for though an amazing travel company in the UK called Bon Voyage. The receptionist agreed and assured us we were only going to pay for incidentals. After being issued our room the first thing we hunted out was the safe , lone and behold we were given one for the two rooms in the hotel that wasn't fitted with a safe, being a international traveler with all our passports, documents etc I requested to change rooms. We did not upgrade just asked for a room with a safe, they were more than willing and changed our room to the same style with a safe and REASSURED us that this would not reflect on our bill. When we received the bill the day we were to check out the frustration went from 0% to 100% in seconds when we read that we were charged for the room after we had already payed for it. I went to the front desk and spoke to the a man called Perry , a supervisor on the day who had worked there for 10 years, he couldn't make head or tail of the situation and told me that it could have just been an error but he couldn't make that final decision without a manager present. Perry told us the manager would be in at 9am , that was ok we could wait. At 9am no manager was there, he then said 10am, that was pushing it a bit for us as we needed to get on the road but we waited. when 10am came and there was still no manager so we agreed to check out for our incidentals bill only but the extra room charge was a query so we left a phone number and an email address and asked Perry to contact us as soon as he knew what outcome was, he agreed. Two days later there was no phone call or email so we contacted the hotel and luckily " we thought " Perry answered , he acted like he knew nothing of the case and told us that all queries needed to go to accounts so put us though, we left several messages after contacting the hotel on a number of occasions to please contact us on this matter but no replies HOW RUDE. So all I would like to say on this matter is be VERY carful staying at this hotel and make sure that you have no outstanding issues or queries when you leave because it was made very clear to us that they will not respond to any voice mails even after one has spent hundreds of dollars there. thanks for nothing Historic Plaza Hilton Santa Fe and once more thanks for nothing "PERRY"

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Marcella-Vega, Front Office Manager at Hilton Santa Fe Historic Plaza, responded to this review, April 14, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience about your recent stay at our hotel. We sincerely appreciate your feedback and would like to apologize for the inconveniences that you experienced. This is not the level of service that we strive to provide our guests. Our Executive Team is reviewing your comments to ensure they are used to improve our guest's experience.
I am hoping to get an opportunity to speak with you regarding your stay and do hope to hear from you soon. I am sorry for the experience you had and ask that you please either email or call me at my contact information below.
We hope you will consider staying with us in the future
Kind Regards,
Marcella C Vega
505-986-6428
marcella.vega@hilton.com
Ann Arbor, MI
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2014

My wife and I recently spent a week at the Hilton Santa Fe and had a very nice experience. I found the location of the hotel unbeatable and the staff very friendly and helpful. The waitstaff in the breakfast restaurant were always smiling and friendly to get our day started on a good note. I will agree with others, if you can get a third floor room, those are the best rooms. The second floor is really the ground floor as this is where the lobby is. I don't think I'd enjoy the 1st floor. The first week of April is not really pool weather in Santa Fe, but it was nice to have the hot tub to relax in. Santa Fe is a very walkable city and everything in the city is right out the door. 5 to 10 minutes to the Plaza or the Railyard.

My wife and I are hikers and bikers. Most of the best Santa Fe hiking and mountain biking trails are no more that 10 to 20 minutes outside the city. And the hiking is spectacular in places. And we biked over from the hotel to the Railyard to start the rail-trail. First 5 miles paved heading south of the city, then pretty much a mountain bike trail the rest of the way with great views in the desert. REI is at the start of the trail and has a very nice bike trail map for free. There is also a store on Paseo De Peralta called the Travel Bug (walk from hotel) that has fabulous hiking trail maps. It's locally owned and fabulously quirky.

I have no problem recommending the Hilton. We had a very pleasant stay there. The staff made us feel very welcome.

Room Tip: Third floor is the best. Second floor is really the ground floor in the front of the hotel.