“Good Location and a nice hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Parking Package
Ranked #21 of 60 Hotels in Santa Fe
Ridgecrest, California
“Good Location and a nice hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2014

On a first time visit to Santa Fe I stayed here largely because of my Hilton Honors status, but in the end I felt i had made a good choice, regardless of status. The staff was very efficient and friendly. it is an easy walk to the Plaza and to many outstanding restaurants. The room was clean, comfortable and quiet, always nice. If I return to Santa Fe I'll stay here again.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
Marcella-Vega, Front Office Manager at Hilton Santa Fe Historic Plaza, responded to this review, April 16, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on TripAdvisor after your recent stay with us.. I am pleased to hear you found the comfort and cleanliness of your room to your liking. We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the not too distant future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (147)
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2014

Spent a night here randomly on the way to Phoenix. Service was excellent, room was spacious, clean and very affordable for the area. We have stayed at many Hilton properties and I must say, this one is right at the top of my list. The only negative comment would be, coffee was not available in the morning for guests, and it was $2.00 a cup because it was Starbucks.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on TripAdvisor after your recent stay with us. We appreciate all of your feedback and comments and have shared them with our hotel staff, as this allows us to improve our services for you, our loyal guest. We look forward to hosting you again in the near future.
Braintree, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2014

My wife and I recently stayed here on our 10 year wedding anniversary from the UK. On arrival everything was great ,we double checked we had nothing to pay as everything for our trip was booked and payed for though an amazing travel company in the UK called Bon Voyage. The receptionist agreed and assured us we were only going to pay for incidentals. After being issued our room the first thing we hunted out was the safe , lone and behold we were given one for the two rooms in the hotel that wasn't fitted with a safe, being a international traveler with all our passports, documents etc I requested to change rooms. We did not upgrade just asked for a room with a safe, they were more than willing and changed our room to the same style with a safe and REASSURED us that this would not reflect on our bill. When we received the bill the day we were to check out the frustration went from 0% to 100% in seconds when we read that we were charged for the room after we had already payed for it. I went to the front desk and spoke to the a man called Perry , a supervisor on the day who had worked there for 10 years, he couldn't make head or tail of the situation and told me that it could have just been an error but he couldn't make that final decision without a manager present. Perry told us the manager would be in at 9am , that was ok we could wait. At 9am no manager was there, he then said 10am, that was pushing it a bit for us as we needed to get on the road but we waited. when 10am came and there was still no manager so we agreed to check out for our incidentals bill only but the extra room charge was a query so we left a phone number and an email address and asked Perry to contact us as soon as he knew what outcome was, he agreed. Two days later there was no phone call or email so we contacted the hotel and luckily " we thought " Perry answered , he acted like he knew nothing of the case and told us that all queries needed to go to accounts so put us though, we left several messages after contacting the hotel on a number of occasions to please contact us on this matter but no replies HOW RUDE. So all I would like to say on this matter is be VERY carful staying at this hotel and make sure that you have no outstanding issues or queries when you leave because it was made very clear to us that they will not respond to any voice mails even after one has spent hundreds of dollars there. thanks for nothing Historic Plaza Hilton Santa Fe and once more thanks for nothing "PERRY"

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Marcella-Vega, Front Office Manager at Hilton Santa Fe Historic Plaza, responded to this review, April 14, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience about your recent stay at our hotel. We sincerely appreciate your feedback and would like to apologize for the inconveniences that you experienced. This is not the level of service that we strive to provide our guests. Our Executive Team is reviewing your comments to ensure they are used to improve our guest's experience.
I am hoping to get an opportunity to speak with you regarding your stay and do hope to hear from you soon. I am sorry for the experience you had and ask that you please either email or call me at my contact information below.
We hope you will consider staying with us in the future
Kind Regards,
Marcella C Vega
505-986-6428
marcella.vega@hilton.com
Ann Arbor, MI
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2014

My wife and I recently spent a week at the Hilton Santa Fe and had a very nice experience. I found the location of the hotel unbeatable and the staff very friendly and helpful. The waitstaff in the breakfast restaurant were always smiling and friendly to get our day started on a good note. I will agree with others, if you can get a third floor room, those are the best rooms. The second floor is really the ground floor as this is where the lobby is. I don't think I'd enjoy the 1st floor. The first week of April is not really pool weather in Santa Fe, but it was nice to have the hot tub to relax in. Santa Fe is a very walkable city and everything in the city is right out the door. 5 to 10 minutes to the Plaza or the Railyard.

My wife and I are hikers and bikers. Most of the best Santa Fe hiking and mountain biking trails are no more that 10 to 20 minutes outside the city. And the hiking is spectacular in places. And we biked over from the hotel to the Railyard to start the rail-trail. First 5 miles paved heading south of the city, then pretty much a mountain bike trail the rest of the way with great views in the desert. REI is at the start of the trail and has a very nice bike trail map for free. There is also a store on Paseo De Peralta called the Travel Bug (walk from hotel) that has fabulous hiking trail maps. It's locally owned and fabulously quirky.

I have no problem recommending the Hilton. We had a very pleasant stay there. The staff made us feel very welcome.

Room Tip: Third floor is the best. Second floor is really the ground floor in the front of the hotel.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Marcella-Vega, Front Office Manager at Hilton Santa Fe Historic Plaza, responded to this review, April 11, 2014
Thank you for taking a moment to share your experience. I am pleased to hear you found the Hotels staff and also our waitstaff friendly and helpful. We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the not too distant future.
denver
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2014

Stayed 2 nights, Sat. and Sun., March 30th and 31st. Arrived at the property at approximately 4 pm. Entering the lobby there was a line of about 15 people checking in and about 8 staff members behind a counter that probably had enough room for about 1/2 of them. At check in found out that we had been assigned a higher floor room, (363) as requested, however it was not yet clean, therefore changed to 169. Inquired about how long it would be before getting the 363 room and told it would be 20-30 minutes and told them we would wait. He indicated that was fine and just ask for 363 when returning. Asked about a bar or lounge and referred to the hotel lounge even after asking for several suggestions near by. Went to hotel lounge, nobody was there, no clients nor wait/bar service. Finally had to ask another staff member for something close by who reluctantly gave us some other suggestions.
Returned an hour later to 2 staff people behind the counter (neither one from the original 8) with one on the phone talking loudly about how previous staff had been checking people in to unclean rooms and discussing total disarray. (which we witnessed first hand.) Asked the other gentleman about our room 363 which he could not find, so the other staff member got off the phone and said you're in 169, not 363. When I told him about our previous "check in" he said who told you that? (like it would make any difference) And I told him I would not have waited an hour just to be assigned the same room. I told him that we would like a different room and he said, we're sold out and I can't do anything about it. (Attitude of take it or leave it.)
Proceeded to 169 which is a lst floor room however backs up to the street above, therefore you look out at a concrete wall about 5 feet away from the window, therefore VERY dark and dingy.(almost like a garden level room) It is also located next to a service door and across from the elevators, therefore there was noise with either carts, etc. or people talking. The room was decorated nicely with southwest décor as is seen on the pictures. The room itself was fine.
Went to exit the lst floor door next to rm 161 and could not get it open. Finally someone was entering from the outside with a key so we gained access. Next day we realized that there is a motion detector in far left upper corner that releases the lock on the door, therefore going forward my husband had to waive his hand in front of the beam to open. This could definitely be an issue if exiting in an emergency situation.
The second night of our visit there was a "sewer back up" smell in our room and in the hotel hallway. Not a pleasant situation. Happy we were checking out.
The saving grace is the hotel's location. Very easy walk to the Plaza and surrounding attractions.
For a Hilton we were very disappointed.

Room Tip: DO NOT stay in rooms 161 -169....ESPECIALLY 169 unless you like staying in a dungeon, with noise fro...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Marcella-Vega, Front Office Manager at Hilton Santa Fe Historic Plaza, responded to this review, April 9, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience about your recent stay at our hotel. We sincerely appreciate your feedback and we're very sorry your experience was not a pleasant one. Our Executive Team is reviewing your comments to ensure they are used to improve our guest's experience. We hope you will consider staying with us in the future
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2014

Outstanding staff, treated like family,gorgeous facility.Go... I was born in Santa Fe and returned to visit after thirty years, and was overwhelmed by the decor and historical value of the property, Above all- the staff- I had driven for 2 days without sleep, and was experiencing a terrible anxiety attack, the clerk and security man, Chance and Gilbert took me under their care and watched overe all night, possibly saving my life. I have no more words to express my gratitude

Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Thank you for taking a moment to share your experience. I am pleased to hear you found the Services provided by the Staff to your liking. We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the not too distant future.
Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2014

We had an excellent two night stay at the Hilton Historic Plaza Hotel in Santa Fe. We enjoyed the entire experience including our room, breakfast, the pool, and sitting with other guests chatting by the outdoor fireplace in the evening. The staff went out of their way to accommodate all of our needs. The location is superb enabling enjoyable walks throughout the historic plaza.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thank you for taking a moment to share your experience. I am pleased that you enjoyed the service provided by the hotel and that you were able to walk to your destinations. We look forward to hosting you again in the near future.

Been to Hilton Santa Fe Historic Plaza? Share your experiences!