“Modern, Freshly Updated Hotel Next to Historic District” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Parking Package
Ranked #20 of 60 Hotels in Santa Fe
Cortlandt Manor
“Modern, Freshly Updated Hotel Next to Historic District”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2013

Just arrived to start a 8-day holiday. Chose Hilton Santa Fe to start. Was here for two days, family holiday.

It's an up-to-date hotel with refreshed rooms, European-style showers, and large LCD TV in a historic building. Some rooms surround a courtyard with a seasonal outdoor pool and Jacuzzi.

Location is the major plus, centrally located few blocks from Santa Fe Plaza and major museums.

Based on some other rates I've seen from other reviewers, you might find better rates than our AAA rate of $152, not in peak tourist season. Fee for parking.

Buffet breakfast was excellent (see pics) with usual breakfast items plus fresh fruit, Starbucks coffee, smoked salmon, and a surprise item on each day...cheese blintzes on one day and waffles the next. Friendly, helpful staff.

Wi-Fi worked well and constant re-logging in was not required, unlike some other hotels. All Wi-Fi set-ups should work this well.

Two Small Gripes: Executive Lounge off limits to metal HHonors Members less than Diamond. Feels stingy. And, thermostat did not work properly. Room temp upon arrival felt like 80 when thermostat said 68.

Tip: Don't miss the New Mexico Historic Museum, a 10 mins walk. Allow 2-3 hours. Only $9.

Would return.

Room Tip: Decide whether you want to look in on Courtyard/pool/Jacuzzi or outside. Even outside view is quiet.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (142)
Albuquerque, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2013

This hotel is within walking distance of the historic plaza of Santa Fe. It has a great ambiance with a roaring fireplace in the lobby; beautiful decor. The rooms are spacious and beds are comfortable. I'll definitely be staying here again!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends

Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2013

No complaints all . Beautiful room, Hotel is newly renovated.

Walk across the street to the Historic Plaza.

We chose the Hilton because is was a lot less than the boutique hotels which mainly have small rooms.

The Hotel Lobby has quite affordable wine and beer selections which was a nice surprise.

Taos, New Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2013

Loved the room - the room safe was an unexpected bonus. Gorgeous room, comfortable beds, great decor, don't normally like to shower (no tub - alas) but actually turned out to be awesome - large and great shower head! Loved everything about the hotel (lobby is awesome with fires in the fireplace every night - great gathering place). Food was outstanding. Dining Room Manager, Mr. Riadh Dakhli was instrumental in my having a great time because of him working so diligently with me for every meal due to my extensive food allergies. He was kind, patient and VERY accommodating. The chef made me very happy - great taste and well made food! The conference I attended was well stocked for tea, coffee, water, etc. and all staff members were exceptionally helpful, kind and professional...I mean EVERYONE! Absolutely loved the pool area - huge hot tub, beautiful pool, great outdoor fireplace area for gatherings. Unfortunately I didn't have time to use them, but will stay here next time and try them out. I will recommend this Santa Fe hotel to all my visitors to Taos (where I live) in the event they want to spend some time in Santa Fe. Great job all around. No issues what so ever. Thank you for allowing me to enjoy my time there and the conference without worries about what I would have to eat due to all my food allergies. Thank you, thank you, thank you. I will be back with family members next time!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business

rio rancho, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2013

great hotel, great service. Location was great since our event was around the corner at the Lensic. If ever there is another reason to stay in SF this will be our spot! Lots of dining available close by!

Wentzville, MO
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2013

I stayed at this hotel through Hotwire when I made a trip for a funeral. The location is very good. We could walk around the Plaza, which was very nice. The front desk service was very aloof, not at all the type of friendly service I would expect at a four-star hotel. Our room was below ground - 'on a slope' I was told - and we had absolutely no phone reception in the room at any time during our stay. We were then told that to buy wireless, we had to pay 'per device' not for the room. This can really add up, but it not really optional when you have no phone service or any other way to contact family and friends. At my request, the front desk did comp the Wifi, which I appreciated. Our room had mismatched furniture, but was otherwise nice. The bathroom was very spacious with nice bath products. When we checked in our room was freezing inside. We had to move the heat up to 84 degrees before it eventually warmed up later that night. We ended up going up to the lobby and sitting in front of the fireplace to warm up. This is a nice hotel, but it is certainly not a four star in terms of service. The rate through Hotwire was ok, but when you add the fees, parking and Wifi, it is not any better than going directly through the website. If I want to stay right at the Plaza in the future, I will be checking out different hotels.

Room Tip: Request 2nd or 3rd floor. First floor is below ground and cell phone didn't work.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Christopher B, General Manager at Hilton Santa Fe Historic Plaza, responded to this review, November 20, 2013
Thank you for your comments ...and I do sincerely mean that. Guest comments are always useful in helping us improve our service and facility.

Three points of clarification .. you are right the hotel is built on a small hill... however no rooms are below ground, none. The first floor is at ground level .. not below ground. First floor rooms are often requested in that those rooms facing the pool have direct private access to the pool area and facilities. Again we do not have any rooms below ground.

Your comment on mismatched furniture, I admit to some confusion... all of our rooms are brand new, having just completed a significant renovation of the entire hotel. We all have our preferences and I certainly respect your opinion and will pass your comments on to our design team. Thus far we have had nothing but great comments about the new Hilton and our new rooms.

Cell Service in Santa Fe ... Santa Fe is such a great destination.. a terrific place to visit with so many wonderful options ... art galleries, restaurants, the history and culture. Unfortunately cell service can be difficult here. We are eagerly anticipating a couple new towers in downtown Santa Fe that should correct this issue. I am glad the service team provided complementary WiFi.

Thank you again for the great comments ... it's always great to hear from our guests!
Grand Junction, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2013

Good hotel - we've stayed here before. They used to have a great little restaurant (Pinon Grill), but now that's breakfast only. If one wants lunch or dinner it's in the lounge - good food, but mingled with the bar crowd.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Been to Hilton Santa Fe Historic Plaza? Share your experiences!