“Nice room, good location, inconsiderate staff” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Family Fun Package
Ranked #20 of 60 Hotels in Santa Fe
Denver, Colorado
“Nice room, good location, inconsiderate staff”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

I'm an HHonors member and I typically stay at Hilton owned hotels. This is a very nice hotel and the location is great -- one block from the Plaza. My room was very nice. The problem was the staff. I was scheduled to check out on Friday, June 5, 2013. While getting coffee in the morning, I asked the front desk attendant what time check out was? I was told 12:00PM. With that in mind, I walked to the Plaza at 8:30AM to get breakfast and walk around for a bit. When I returned at 10:30AM, a housekeeper was on the phone in my room with the bed stripped down and the room was being cleaned for the next guest. I had not checked out yet; I had planned to relax read the paper before checking out at 12:00PM. Consequently, I simply went to the front desk, told the desk attendant what occurred, and checked out. Ironically, I spoke to a couple visiting from Texas and they told me the cleaning staff was knocking at their door at 9:00AM to begin cleaning the room. They, too, were not ready to check out. This was the worst customer service I've encountered at any Hilton. Also, take a look at my reviews -- I'm consistently fair in every review and most are "very good" or "excellent" reviews, unlike this review.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Christopher B, General Manager at Hilton Santa Fe Historic Plaza, responded to this review, July 18, 2013
Thank you for your comments … I have passed them on to our Executive Housekeeper. I do apologize for the interruption by our housekeeping staff. We start our service between 8:30 and 9AM and are always very considerate and attentive to those guests that have placed their Do Not Disturb notices out. We clearly missed this and again I am so sorry for the disturbance. I do hope you enjoyed the rest of the hotel and our services …

I do hope you visit us again here in Santa Fe.

Christopher

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (154)
Denver, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

We usually stay at Hilton's and found this one to be quite comfortable, clean and very well located for those of us who enjoy walking everywhere.
The decoration in the room is a bit dark for my taste, but it was clean and very quiet.
We would definitely come back.

Room Tip: Since I don't like pets in hotels and this is a pet friendly one, I choose rooms on the upper fl...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Marcella-Vega, Front Office Manager at Hilton Santa Fe Historic Plaza, responded to this review, July 18, 2013
Thank you so much for your comments; we truly appreciate all of your feedback. I am pleased that you enjoyed the hotel and that you were able to walk to your destinations. We look forward to the oppertunity to host you again in the near future
Denver, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

Newly renovated rooms, close to the Plaza and GREAT staff!!! If you in Santa Fe stay at the Hilton it is where you want to be. Beds are comfy bathrooms are very stylish for a hotel and room décor is very southwest.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thank you so much for your comments; we truly appreciate all of your feedback. We are very proud of our Buildings Heritage as well as that of our City. We have completed our guest room renovations and now have wonderful new guest rooms to share with all of our future Guests. We look forward to the opportunity to host you again in the near future
Boulogne-Billancourt, France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

Stay at Hilton Santa Fe Historic District you will enjoy it...!

This Hotel is back on high level regarding quality, comfort and decoration.

It has been newly refurbished and it's a success...High comfort, beautiful decoration, exquisite room equipment, you won't find better in Santa Fe.

Lobby's decoration is superb, staff at front desk is efficient and very polite.

Breakfast is magnificent, the staff is smily and friendly.

The open parking lot is easy to use for some few $, no more expensive than the city parkings.
...If you are Hilton's member a cheapest rate will apply.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Jacksonville, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

Hiltons are great because they are high-quality, high-consistency lodging. This Hilton in Santa Fe is within an easy walk to the Plaza, restaurants, and historic sights. Canyon Road is also within walking distance if you are up for a longer walk.

Contrary to our normal experience with Hilton, we had a problem with our room. However, within an hour our problem was solved in spectacular fashion; new keys arrived and we were escorted to a really lovely room. Hats off to the front desk for their alacrity and a solution we will never forget. Consider us real Hilton fans!

Ed & Vicki

Room Tip: Typical of Hilton, it is hard to get a "bad" room. This is a very good Hilton!!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for taking the time to post to trip advisor regarding your recent stay at the Hilton Santa Fe Historic Plaza. We appreciate all of your feedback and comments and have shared them with our hotel staff, as this allows us to improve our services for you, our loyal guest. We look forward to the oppertunity to host you again in the near future at the Hilton Santa Fe Historic Plaza
ventura, ca, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

Great accommodations! Clean, quiet, in heart of downtown - walked to museums, shops, and restaurants. Just need cellphone service to be in rooms and better internet connectivity inside rooms. Other than that would recommend this hotel to visitors.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Olney, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013 via mobile

I have to say upfront that I am pretty loyal to the Hilton brand. There are wonderful independent hotels in Santa Fe, but I always stay at the Hilton. You can't beat the location--a few blocks to the Plaza. The staff are super friendly and attentive. The rooms are clean. Hilton did a great job with the renovation of this property.

• Stayed June 2013

Been to Hilton Santa Fe Historic Plaza? Share your experiences!