“Excellent Hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #23 of 60 Hotels in Santa Fe
Dallas, Texas
“Excellent Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for three days and it was one of the best overall experiences we have had. We travel 60 days a year and stay at all the major and specialty hotels. The remodeling was superb and the room and bath was warm, inviting and overall decor was gorgeous. It was extremely quiet and the air handling system was one of the best in terms of quiet and comfortable for our settings. Many extras including wireless internet, multiple plug connections for all of your devices, very comfortable beds, nice size room, refrigerator and coffee service. Staff was extremely helpful and a great restaurant for breakfast.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Christopher B, General Manager at Hilton Santa Fe Historic Plaza, responded to this review, January 22, 2013
Thank you! The whole team loved your comments and is so excited to hear feedback like this. We think the changes here are exciting and we are eager to show off the hotel. Thank you so much for choosing the Hilton Santa Fe Plaza and we look forward to your next visit!

Christopher

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (131)
Santa Fe, New Mexico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

On prior trips this year, we stayed at the Courtyard (OK), the Inn at Loretto (lovely but expensive) and we found the Hilton, while not the best hotel we've stayed at, to be a great value overall.
First, it's very close to the Plaza (no, it's not "on" the Plaza - sorry!) - maybe a block or two further than Loretto (but still in town) - and half the price. It has some SW flavor, whereas Loretto had tons, but at 1/2 the price I didn't care. The rooms were big and well furnished (Loretto's had character, like a Kiva fireplace, but again, you pay a lot for that).
And, the fireplace in the lobby of the Hilton was really wonderful (in December).
Note that they charge for parking (1/2 off if you're an HOnors member) and for in room wifi (again, unless you're an Honors member)

Cheyenne, Wyoming
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

We arrived on a very cold afternoon and were greeted by a roaring fire in the lobby, and a friendly and helpful desk attendant. The location of the property is convenient to the Plaza area in Santa Fe. We enjoyed dinner at The Blue Corn Cafe, just up the street on San Francisco Ave. The beds were comfortable and the pillows were perfect - not too soft and not too firm. My husband and daughter said the hot tub was perfect and there was a fireplace in the pool area. We enjoyed our stay and would definitely stay again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Christopher B, General Manager at Hilton Santa Fe Historic Plaza, responded to this review, January 10, 2013
Thank you so much!!! We love the new rooms and have had great comments from our guests. I truly believe our new rooms are the best looking in Santa Fe. Everything is new … refrigerators and safes in each room are just a few of the new added amenities. Thank you again!

San Ramon, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

On a business trip, I stayed at this hotel for one night. First the positives: the hotel is located in a very central location and close to shops and the historic downtown plaza. The lobby is very cozy and clean. I usually don't like to hang around the lobby that long but after walking outside for a while I couldn't resist sitting by the fireplace in the lobby for a while, warm myself and people watch. The hotel staff are very courteous and helpful. The room was clean and nicely furnished. The bathroom was very modern and well-stocked. I had a room with a view of the pool which at first worried me because I don't like to bothered by the pool noise but the pool was frozen over so I didn't have to worry about anything. The TV channel selection is adequate, nothing to brag about.
Now the Negatives: Throughout the night there was a noise that sounded like someone was vacuuming the hallway. It was like a constant annoying hum. At first I thought it might be from the air conditioning but even when I turned that off, it persisted. If I was staying longer than one night I would have asked for another room but for one night I decided it wasn't worth the hassle. Another thing that I wasn't very impressed with was the hotel's restaurant. The food was average at best. I also would have liked a "southwestern" themed menu but it was your run of the mill restaurant list of American foods.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Christopher B, General Manager at Hilton Santa Fe Historic Plaza, responded to this review, February 1, 2013
I am truly sorry the noise issue and we are mystified as well ... but it is imperative we address any and all issues that our guests experience and do so in a timely fashion. By all means, you should expect a peaceful, perfectly clean and properly functioning guest room. I do hope you will give us another opportunity to be the hotel you should expect. Additionally thank for your comments about our food and beverage operations … we just rolled out a new menu and room service menu and thus far the reviews have been very good!

The Woodlands, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

We enjoyed our 5 day stay at the hilton on the Plaza - It is 2 blocks walking to the Plaza - Perfect location. 3rd floor mountain views - great. The Beds are a little small doubles - it was 2 adults and 2 kids and it was tight but the room was more spacious than normal. The bathroom was a very nice size. I do not normally like Breakfast Buffets BUT theirs was the best and amazing Buffet - Concrete walls so no noise between rooms - thank goodness with my boys...lol
Frontdesk was a hit or miss with helpfulness. Dissappointed that they didn't have any festivities for families for NYE but We would return!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Christopher B, General Manager at Hilton Santa Fe Historic Plaza, responded to this review, January 25, 2013
Thank you for your comments …. We have added some great new associates at the desk and I think we have made some significant gains with the new team. We are planning a great event for NYE this coming year and we hope you can attend!

California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

My family and I stayed at the Hilton Santa Fe for six nights over the 2012 Christmas holidays. The last time we stayed at this Hilton was five years ago. We were very pleased with our rooms as each was very nicely updated. My wife and I had a room with a king-size bed that was up to Hilton standards, and that being very comfortable. The best improvement with the room was the updated full size shower replacing the cramped tub-shower combination. The only complaint is the lack of towel bars in the bathroom; it had only one small one. This is odd as the Hilton asks you to help conserve water by hanging up your towel if it doesn't need to be replaced.

Room Tip: Rooms with a pool view are away from the street noise. Although the street noise is minimal.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for the review … we will be going back into the new rooms and making final adjustments, so I very much appreciate your comments and have passed them on to our decorating team. We are very committed to water conversation … especially here in Santa Fe. Again thank you!

And I sincerely hope to see you again when you return to Santa Fe .. winter has been just beautiful this year!

Colorado
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012 via mobile

After a pleasurable but long drive from Los Angeles, we looked forward to a 2-night stay in the king size room we reserved at this centrally located Hilton. We arrived at 6:30pm and went upstairs to our room only to discover that, with no indication or apology from the desk clerk, our king size reservation had been changed to a double/double. When I called the desk clerk she said she was sorry but there had been a mixup in reservations and she didn't have any king size rooms available that night. I had a confirmation number for a king, but it didn't matter. Guests BEWARE -- your choice of room isn't guaranteed at this Hilton just because you have a confirmation number. Also - it should be noted that you'll pay for parking in an outside unimproved parking lot. We left and easily found another hotel where we were treated courteously and with respect. The Hilton name used to stand for quality but my opinion of this chain is greatly diminished!

Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
I am so sorry that we failed to meet your expectations. We do try and block every arrival each morning… into the specific room type they have requested. In this case we clearly failed to accomplish that task. We do pride ourselves on our service and I am sorry that we let you and your family down. Please accept my invitation to stay with us on your next visit to Santa Fe … I would like you to actually experience the hotel. Please feel free to contact me directly on your next visit and I will make it my personal responsibility to make your stay special.

Christopher

Been to Hilton Santa Fe Historic Plaza? Share your experiences!